Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538780 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Ghost Fortress
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »

The Fetid Muck isn't the dangerous liquid - The Nefarious Mist is the one that rots them.  It won't pop up in the wounds menu, you have to look at their description tab.
Yeah, thing is, both are in one tile at the (now-old) entrance. And all the bones of both infected are rotting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2012, 08:55:28 pm »

I just locked the both of them in a corner to starve to death. Strategia threw a tantrum and killed Dinjoralo.
Mother of shit.
Well, that's the second time I've gotten killed before I could do anything. I guess I'll Re-dorf again.
Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.
I... I don't know what to say to that. I really don't.

Spoiler: Re-Dorf Details (click to show/hide)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

Where are our fortress artists?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2012, 09:52:53 pm »

If Deathsword weren't the OP, I'd say put that in the OP. But if he puts himself in the OP, it just looks like he's wanking a bit.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

If Deathsword weren't the OP, I'd say put that in the OP. But if he puts himself in the OP, it just looks like he's wanking a bit.

I think there was a quote from Mego in his OP in Hellcannon. I guess I'll put it there if enough people ask for it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »

I highly recommend any new entrance into the fort be the same under-over hatched type I installed in my turn - I don't trust the local undead one iota and it means you can have a quarantine shower pour directly into the aquifer beneath.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2012, 10:12:54 pm »

Already moved the hatch to the new one. Or rather, the place that'll be the new one. Dorfs are refusing to dig, even if they have only mining enabled and a pick they just sit there with "No Job".

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

I think there was a quote from Mego in his OP in Hellcannon. I guess I'll put it there if enough people ask for it.

What about wanking?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »

I've solved the problem by sigging it. :)
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2012, 12:53:36 am »

I've actually seen quite a few dwarves survive having their entire body rot away. Two notable instances in Crewtowns alone. Granted the recovery has a few unfortunate side effects (being horribly disfigured, completely skinless, and blind in both eyes to name a few). I think all you really need is a good hospital with soap.

For the record, my dwarf doesn't have to be good at animal training. I think I'd even prefer if he was terrible at it. Course, whether or not you guys actually catch anything worth training remains to be seen.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:32:33 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:40 am »

They might not be digging because of burrow restrictions.  I burrowed everyone because the migrants kept running back outside.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2012, 10:25:57 am »

They might not be digging because of burrow restrictions.  I burrowed everyone because the migrants kept running back outside.

I guess it's that.

Also, yay sigged.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »

Double post, but whatever. It was indeed the burrow that was preventing the digging. Also, Dark_T_Zeratul went berserk and broke Sethrist's leg before killed by Eric by being punched in the head, jamming the brain, etc.

3 babies were born.

Will update OP at the end of the turn.

EDIT: A zombie ogre found the hippies. Fuck. I need that wood.

EDIT 2: Plan is to cave-in the corpse of one of the caravan animals and grab the goods, then seal the area. No (big) flying zombies, so here it goes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:51:41 pm by Deathsword »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2012, 06:47:33 pm »

This is the perfect time to set up a hospital, with Gizogin II as the CMD!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2012, 06:55:44 pm »

Hey, Gizogin, guess what: you have two patients. The two flying zombies got into the fort and attacked Eric and Sethrist. They were also covered in the toxic goo. Fortunately, they died in the neutral side of the embark.

EDIT: actually, no you don't. They died right when I finished typing.

EDIT 2: Okay, I don't know who built that stair there, but after accidentally (really) ordering the barrier blocking it removed, all zombies are beelining into the fort. Do I savescum or try to save the fort somehow? (Note: 1/3 of the fort is on break, another third is hauling and the rest are throwing tantrums.

EDIT 3: Managed to seal that again, but Mego died from Fun overdose when the zombie cow came to visit.

EDIT 4: TAD killed Splint.

EDIT 5: My dwarf went to "attend a meeting" with expedition leader TAD. In Horrofailed, meeting the expedition leader means hitting them. Multiple times.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:11:25 pm by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136