Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 554811 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #300 on: August 31, 2012, 04:20:22 am »

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
Oh so sigged!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

Don't worry, it's only in moderately worse shape than Battlefailed was. And it's still young...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 31, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »

Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 31, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:48 pm »

Turn over, we are down to 4 dwarves. Newbunkle, Strategia, Eric, and an unnamed infant. The save will be up soon.

SAVE
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:18:12 pm by Deviled »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 31, 2012, 03:57:28 pm »

So you managed to not only get some migrants inside this monstrosity, but also succeeded in actually maintaining the population size from at the start of the turn?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 31, 2012, 03:59:13 pm »

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

QFT.

So you managed to not only get some migrants inside this monstrosity, but also succeeded in actually maintaining the population size from at the start of the turn?

I don't believe it.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »

I will download it and look, how we can solve problem.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 31, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

I actually lost some people, and Eric is insane. But getting migrants in wasn't too hard. Keeping them in on the other hand. Also as a note, I set up a simple airlock but a tantrum dwarf broke one of the levers so the first bridge is stuck in the up position.

Also, I got some merchants in, but with the bridge they were unable to get out so they went insane. Their soilders didn't thankfully
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:11:43 pm by Deviled »

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2012, 04:10:29 pm »

Who is it? :D
Also, anyone else feel like the updates need some more... Substance, I guess? Maybe being a tad more detailed with what's going on? I dunno, I just want to be more in the loop.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

.... I died.

This is terrible.

And yes, this turn had a net loss. I ended with 6 dwarfs.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

Also, anyone else feel like the updates need some more... Substance, I guess? Maybe being a tad more detailed with what's going on? I dunno, I just want to be more in the loop.

It's probably a bit difficult to add substance to a fort who's living population hovers around a single digit.  Although I do agree, some screenshots would be nice.

Hopefully since we've hit stone the fort will start picking up. This must be the first succession fort to barely get 10 dwarves to stay alive any amount of time so far. There's more ghosts than living!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:04:10 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

I find it hilariously fitting that our guests went insane after only a few weeks of being stuck in Horrorfailed. Even better that it was our own dwarves that caused the bridge malfunction that trapped them inside. I do agree that a more detailed overseer log would be ideal, if only so we get to hear more about events like these.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:17:19 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

I actually lost some people, and Eric is insane. But getting migrants in wasn't too hard. Keeping them in on the other hand. Also as a note, I set up a simple airlock but a tantrum dwarf broke one of the levers so the first bridge is stuck in the up position.

Also, I got some merchants in, but with the bridge they were unable to get out so they went insane. Their soilders didn't thankfully
I see...
I turn off the meeting hall [parties aren't needed] and disband military squad.
Only 2 useful dwarves. 'Newbunkle' is quite content, 'Strategia is ecstatic.
So much mess and bodies [ON EVIL BIOME!] in Fortress.
Insane merchants.
Question is: 'Is possible to survive?'
By few months, maybe, but generally rather no.
I know, surviving on Evil Biomes is hard, but I noticed here some management faults like stockpile for all goods, no stone stockpile near Mason's, too big farm plots, noticeably room layout mistakes [between the entrance and the rest of the Fortress is cemetery... nice outlook for migrants.], flying creatures from caverns have possibility to get in the Fortress ect.
My advices for next Overseer:
1. Turn off metting hall from table [at the best free this and make dining room again], parties aren't needed.
2. Disband military squad. 'Newbunkle don't have any military skills, so he won't be happy from being soldier.
3. Make simplified version of anti-zombie trap, which I posted here.
4. DON'T LET THEM GET CRAZY!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

I think you're approaching this from the wrong mindset, this is the Battlefailed saga we're dealing with. The goal here isn't just to survive, it's to survive in the dwarfiest, most comically inefficient way possible. It's more entertaining that way.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 136