Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 550919 times)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

Yea, but other guys wanna play too.
Losing is Fun, but forced loss is boring I think.
And you say about comically surviving, comically, but still surviving.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:35:41 pm by Volfgarix »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:55 pm »

Have you even read the rest of the saga? Battlefailed forts somehow manage to survive everything. Hell, Failcannon wouldn't die when the overseer was actually trying to kill it.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »

Don't mind me. Feel free to suggest whatever you like.

I will say that we have some animals that should probably be freed from their cages (or butchered and turned into soap). And tons of goodies to pillage once those merchant animals finally drop dead.

Edit: Some stuff I noticed that wasn't mentioned. The only company Strategia (One-Legged Prophet of Cheese) has in this fortress is an Annoying Doomsayer (Newbunkle), a dying, depressed kid (Eric), and her undorfed infant son (who, somehow, for some odd reason, is covered in the blood of both Strategia and Newbunkle). Sounds like the makings of a dwarven sitcom to me.
Newbunkle also happens to be missing his lower left arm. According to Strategia's thoughts, she was apparently forced to drink a mixture of slime and vomit lately (by Newbunkle. Possibly as part of a prank.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:34:11 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »

Have you even read the rest of the saga? Battlefailed forts somehow manage to survive everything. Hell, Failcannon wouldn't die when the overseer was actually trying to kill it.
Indeed. My Failday device, a megaproject designed by Eric and myself whose sole purpose was to provide a kill switch for the fort, wasn't enough to bring it down.

And the Hellcannon in the fort of the same name also proved quite slow in obliterating the fort.

Oh, and if anyone is having trouble aquiring specific goods, just tunnel below a dead caravan animal (as long as it's not in the goo) and cave it in. Be sure to isolate the area afterwards, undead harpies may not be much, but they still cause job cancel spam.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:04:55 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

Indeed. My Failday device, a megaproject designed by Eric and myself whose sole purpose was to provide a kill switch for the fort, wasn't enough to bring it down.

And the Hellcannon in the fort of the same name also proved quite slow in obliterating the fort.

Oh, and if anyone is having trouble aquiring specific goods, just tunnel below a dead caravan animal (as long as it's not in the goo) and cave it in. Be sure to isolate the area afterwards, undead harpies may not be much, but they still cause job cancel spam.

To be fair, neither Failcannon nor Hellcannon had this much trouble just getting a fortress started. Battlefailed had some, but only 1 restart was required.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2012, 06:35:20 pm »

I think you're approaching this from the wrong mindset, this is the Battlefailed saga we're dealing with. The goal here isn't just to survive, it's to survive in the dwarfiest, most comically inefficient way possible. It's more entertaining that way.

Logically, we should then have no stockpiles, correct?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

Without stockpiles, the food will rot. Without food, there is no survival. And that's not so much comically inefficient as it is tedious.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2012, 06:56:22 pm »

The military squad was from me recruiting some migrants to take down a zombie making it's way into the fort. The flying creature access is a oversite on my part, on both cavern levels. The entrance was the result of me trying to get a way to get migrant's in while also keeping zombes out, it is really not that effective and I suggest someone building a better one.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2012, 07:13:42 pm »

I forgot to mention, but during my turn one of the militia squads was called "The Armok of Racks". I guess we didn't see this coming when we added Armok to the word raws.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2012, 08:12:35 pm »

I forgot to mention, but during my turn one of the militia squads was called "The Armok of Racks". I guess we didn't see this coming when we added Armok to the word raws.

Clearly Armok is a fan of brutally, bloodily hunting deer for their antlers. What other "racks" could there be?   ;D
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 31, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »

Clearly Armok is a fan of brutally, bloodily hunting deer for their antlers. What other "racks" could there be?   ;D

I can think of a couple.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 31, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »

I can think of a couple.

Boobs for the boob god!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 31, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »

I can think of a couple.
Boobs for the boob god!
Okay, that made me laugh. Ah, juvenile humour, what will thou wrought next?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 31, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »

I can think of a couple.
Boobs for the boob god!
Okay, that made me laugh. Ah, juvenile humour, what will thou wrought next?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This thread is now a spiderman thread?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:24:39 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 31, 2012, 10:28:18 pm »

Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.
Most of the damage by the lever storm kind of undid itself somehow.

I think the only things that can kill Battlefailed forts are absolutely unexpected things.

Battlefailed was ultimately killed by an FB that seem to blitzkrieg the fort at an odd moment.
Failcannon was killed by Kobolds the post after it was decided that it would survive Failday.
Hellcannon was getting pretty stable from Levergedon and then went pear shaped when every creature that hadn't moved in months began moving again.

The only exception here is that the new version has some highly effective ways of taking down forts.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136