Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538849 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »

*jarring music*

Nobody expects the Battlefailed Inquisition!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2012, 01:01:53 am »

I'm chronically depressed to the point of suicide? Well, you picked a dorf that suited me, then. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2012, 03:04:37 am »

Well, Horrorfailed should die to unexpected thing... Zombies? No. Berserk merchants? No... Ghostes? Nope, they're all expected and too obvious... Ok, we will wait and see, what will kill the Fortress. Let's get some FUN!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:43:48 am by Volfgarix »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2012, 03:18:01 am »

Starting my turn when I arrive home tomorrow. First update should be some time after.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2012, 05:17:56 am »

Well, Horrorfailed should die to unexcepted thing... Zombies? No. Berserk merchants? No... Ghostes? Nope, they're all excepted and too obvious... Ok, we will wait and see, what will kill the Fortress. Let's get some FUN!

I think you mean "expected"

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 01, 2012, 05:41:42 am »

Well, Horrorfailed should die to unexcepted thing... Zombies? No. Berserk merchants? No... Ghostes? Nope, they're all excepted and too obvious... Ok, we will wait and see, what will kill the Fortress. Let's get some FUN!

I think you mean "expected"

Well... yea, my mistake. I fixed it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:44:06 am by Volfgarix »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2012, 06:32:39 am »

Starting my turn when I arrive home tomorrow. First update should be some time after.
Just a heads up, I wouldn't bother messing with the broken airlock entrance unless you really know what you're doing. Due to the way DevilEd constructed it, you have no way of telling if a 1-tile-wide bridge is in the up position or not, and the entrance happens to be facing directly out into zombieland (which kind of diminishes its practicality). For now, there's a secret hatch cover entrance (locked, and closed to animals as well) in the lower-right that should suffice for getting migrants inside. Just make sure you immediately burrow all the migrants once they arrive.

An ideal airlock should have a built-in trade depot so we can finally start getting wagon caravans :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:18:28 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 01, 2012, 06:51:59 am »

Just a heads up, I wouldn't bother messing with the broken airlock entrance unless you really know what you're doing. You have no way of telling if a 1-tile-wide bridge is in the up position or not, and the entrance happens to be facing directly out into zombieland (which kind of diminishes its practicality). For now, there's a secret hatch cover entrance in the lower-right that should suffice for getting migrants inside. As long as it remains closed to pets, nothing bad (barring humanoid zombies) will be able to get inside.

An ideal airlock should have a built-in trade depot so we can finally start getting wagon caravans :P

Of course if that caravan survive the zombieland on surface.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:10 am »

Who says they need to survive? ;D
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 01, 2012, 06:55:01 am »

We don't care if they survive, only if they make it close enough that we can steal their stuff and the socks off their corpses (preferably without having to kill them a second time)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 01, 2012, 07:15:02 am »

We don't care if they survive, only if they make it close enough that we can steal their stuff and the socks off their corpses (preferably without having to kill them a second time)

Sounds good.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:06 am »

Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Oh wow. I have been immortalised in Hellcannon lore! XD

See, this is why you ALWAYS need a crazy cat dwarf.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 01, 2012, 07:31:41 am »

Your cats are also partially to blame for my initial turn failing, so technically in the lore of TWO fortresses.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2012, 07:38:45 am »

Your cats are also partially to blame for my initial turn failing, so technically in the lore of TWO fortresses.

You may notice I have changed my avatar accordingly (his name was Lucifer. I miss him.)
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2012, 09:03:18 am »

Sadly, it may be quite some time before we have any cats living in the fortress. We've got plenty of cats dead in the fortress though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:27:08 am by Spish »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 136