Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538796 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #345 on: September 01, 2012, 10:09:57 am »

We've got plenty of cats dead in the fortress though.

Close enough.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2012, 02:25:38 pm »

We may have a problem with dwarf caravans, however. When caravan arrived during my turn they arrived on the goo, saw a zombie, and left through the same map edge they came. No casualties.

I think it went like this: "Oh, sorry, wrong fort. We'll be going now"
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2012, 02:29:58 pm »

We may have a problem with dwarf caravans, however. When caravan arrived during my turn they arrived on the goo, saw a zombie, and left through the same map edge they came. No casualties.

They're getting smarter...
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 01, 2012, 03:43:11 pm »

Wow, that is amazing, because what the shit dwarves, seriously. You get back here right now, and you are going to sell thing! SELL!
...Was the goo they arrived on the lethal stuff?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 01, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »

Speaking of caravans, in my time with the save I've noticed that the fortress stops attracting migrants altogether after the initial Spring Wave Of 506. This might be because the liasons have yet to survive a single trip to report our wealth to the mountainhomes. I'm guessing this is the case because I'm pretty sure I had another zombie-isolated fort that didn't get migrants, and because I really doubt our civilization is dead after only three years of emigration.
They're getting smarter...
Could also be that.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:27:19 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2012, 04:10:34 pm »

.....I really doubt our civilization is dead after only two years of emigration.

Allow me to introduce you to someone. Spish, meet Queen Led Shakeoars. Queen Led, this is..... no, please put the battleaxe down.....

(yes I am aware Led is the Foul One's vanguard in this Aluonra and not actually the leader of our civ but hey)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 01, 2012, 07:59:53 pm »

I tested the save for a bit and the very first season after I managed to send the liaison home, migrants came (a lot of migrants, including one guy who was clearly a vampire). So yeah, that's definately it. I recommend that the next overseer do whatever it takes to keep the dude alive, so that we aren't stuck with a two-person fort over the next several turns (as Fun as that would be...)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:56:52 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »

...Okay, so we may have a problem. Dwarf fortress, continuing its desperate attempts to stop me from starting my turn, is giving me an error message in Japanese when I try to load Horrorfailed. It then proceeds to crash dwarf fortress as well as windows explorer.

I am at a loss.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »

I'll check out the save.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »

Could be Lazy Noob Pack related ASCII weirdness giving you trouble. Did you happen to stop downloading the save before it was finished? Anything you changed in the init folder by any chance?

Edit: Try playing the map on a fresh download of DF 34.11 and see it it works.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 03:45:21 pm by Spish »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

Aw hell, this shit show could fall into my hands at any moment, couldn't it?

No one's flooded the fort yet, so I guess for the sake of tradition I better attempt some kind of project with the aquifer.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - The Fort is (Un)dead
« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »

Could be Lazy Noob Pack related ASCII weirdness giving you trouble. Did you happen to stop downloading the save before it was finished? Anything you changed in the init folder by any chance?

Edit: Try playing the map on a fresh download of DF 34.11 and see it it works.
The lazy newb pack has never been used on this fort because it is modded.
You can't use the lazy newb pack to change the graphics pack of a modded game.
You have to do modded games by hand if you want to change the graphics pack.
The orginal raws were modded ASCII so they will look strange with most graphical tilesets.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - The Fort is (Un)dead
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

You're right, it's Pheobus. But that's practically the same thing. The ASCII still looks completely bugged out and silly without the tileset installed; weird letters and symbols everywhere, kobolds that look like humans, elves that look like trees, etc.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:17:28 pm by Spish »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »

You're right, it's Pheobus. But that's practically the same thing. The ASCII tileset looks completely bugged out and silly, weird letters and symbols everywhere.
Then someone changed the raws because the raws (text files) were modded ASCII after the fist turn.
Bizarrely, when I re-downloaded the save and fired it up, it was in ASCII.  Anyway, I've embarked.  I'm just looking around right now, getting a feel for where everything is.  There's stuff scattered everywhere, most of it covered in nefarious mist or fetid muck.  My priority right now is getting everyone underground.
Your right those are modded ascii raws not phoebus.
ThatAussieGuy were you using the phoebus tileset image without the phoebus raws?
I think ThatAussieGuy was using the Phoebus tileset image with ASCII raws in the screenshots he posted of his turn.
I never got an answer from him about that though.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »

You're right, it's Pheobus. But that's practically the same thing. The ASCII still looks completely bugged out and silly without the tileset installed; weird letters and symbols everywhere, kobolds that look like humans, elves that look like trees, etc.

That's bugged out how? Kobolds and humans are pretty much the same thing, and elves are born from trees.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 136