Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 549867 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:16 pm »

Looks like eric beat me to it. Still...
You did not change the modded unit graphics at all.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

That might be because that was the first time I ever tried to do that. I appologize (spelling?).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2012, 07:34:27 pm »

That might be because that was the first time I ever tried to do that. I appologize (spelling?).
That's fine I just wanted to let people know in case it confused them.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 02, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »

I loaded up the save just fine. The graphics are horribly wonky, though, so I'm going to readjust it to the raws it was made with.

Update: It worked perfectly, at a glance. Whoever's playing, just download the pre-embark save I linked to last page and copy the raw folder from it over the raw folder in the Horrorfailed save.

P.S: This place is a mess dear god!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:42:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

I used the latest version of Phoebus. I didn't have any problems during my turn.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »

I contacted Sinpwn, we'll see if he can run it using Eric's solution.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 02, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »

I can try firing the save up on my Linux install in a little bit and see if I have the same issue.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2012, 10:15:11 pm »

I can try firing the save up on my Linux install in a little bit and see if I have the same issue.
Okay let me know what happens.
It very strange this is the only save that I have tried that does not work on Linux.
Sigtext

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:18 pm »

Alright, it's finally working. I'm still getting a few error messages full of jumbled text, but it isn't crashing. Starting my turn now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:31 pm »

Just atomsmash the zombies; they are getting ludicrous headshots: kobold corpses killing water buffalo, cavy boars taking down dingos...

The caravan guards deal with them no problem, but the merchants will only path towards the depot when they have access to it, at which point the undead also flock to it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:49:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:39 pm »

And when your turn is over, leave me with the save that's updated for Phoebus, I'll be using it too.

Good luck, Sinpwn!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »

I honestly cannot wait till its my turn, this is the most pleasant fort to follow
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

Atom smashy is boring, and it would interfere with my plans to domesticate their unflattened carcasses into a controlled zombie army. I say we build a tower (or just a slightly raised platform) out of a hole in the ground and gun them down with marksdorfs. That's how they do it in the movies! Not to mention it'd be great archery practice.

I feel I should warn you about the two doors at the south end of the fort. It's a very clear path for building destroyers to break into the fortress, should they ever find it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:53:00 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 02, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »

In case you were wondering, here's another reason not to mess with the zombies: their touch pretty much turn anyone they touch into the walking dead. As soon as someone touches them with their bare hands, or takes a hit from them, it's all over for the victim, because they instantly recieve the syndromes of both the fetid muck and nefarious mist, resulting in instantaneous swelling of every aprt of the body, and subsequent necrosis.

I just played through to the fort's end; 8-9 migrants made it inside, then one mysteriously decided to go back outside and died. Goodbye experienced weaponsmith. Months later, the elves show up and get swarmed immediately, dying horribly. Then the dwarven caravan shows up and the hammerdwarf guards kick ass, leaving nothing behind. Except I accidentally let a zombie dwarf and zombie dingo inside, who promptly killed a dwarf outright and sent three others to the hospital. Somehow, none of them died of the rot, but strategia's baby got bit by a dingo and did exactly that. So, logically, a fucking kobold or something picks the locks on the doors down south Spish just warned us about, and zombies start piling in. First it was just one zombie dwarf, who singlehandedly killed four more dwarves. Then an ogress corpse meanders in to reinforce him. The caravan packs up at this point and as they're leaving they deal with the zombie problem, but it doesn't matter because 3/4 of the 4 dwarves are resting, and Strategia, the only one left in good health, is tantruming herself into a hole. She and one of the injured go melancholy, and the 3 injured all die of thirst while Stategia gets pwned by yet another zombie.

Yeah, just don't open the doors except to get those migrants inside.
On another note, make the sludge-filled tundra a "restricted access" traffic zone, just to help dwarves understadn not to go there, ever.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:59:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 136