Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538787 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:41 pm »

It's not just the rot that kills them, it's the fact that their lungs (as well as all their other internal organs) are swollen to the point of not being able to function. It's also highly contagious, and contact with the miasma of an infectee seems to be enough to spread it. So yeah, forget what I said earlier, hospitals with soap wouldn't help much.
Yeah, just don't open the doors except to get those migrants inside.
And the liaison too, especially the liaison. We need him to report back to the mountainhomes that we are in fact not dead, or else the fortress will die a slow, migrantless death over the course of the next few years.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:25:06 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:43 am »

Forgot to mention; the liaison got his head slapped off in one shot by the ogress. I thought that was pretty funny.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13:43 am »

If/when we get magma, we can probably do a little zombie cleansing by setting off wildfires in the summertime.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15:50 am »

It may be best that the liaison didn't get back to the mountainhomes. No reports of our nonexistant wealth and security are getting back, but then, neither is the body count or the fact that the dead not only outnumber the living, but seem to be better off for their deadness. There's only so much positive spin the Department of Immigration can impart to a report.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:39 am »

In case you were wondering, here's another reason not to mess with the zombies: their touch pretty much turn anyone they touch into the walking dead. As soon as someone touches them with their bare hands, or takes a hit from them, it's all over for the victim, because they instantly recieve the syndromes of both the fetid muck and nefarious mist, resulting in instantaneous swelling of every aprt of the body, and subsequent necrosis.

Anyone else think it's safe to say this is quite possibly the worst biome to embark in? Ever?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2012, 07:36:54 am »

I disagree.  I've seen far worse, such as one (created by heavily abusing worldgen settings) where your dwarves would catch fire on embark.  It was just that hot.  This one is at least survivable, albeit barely.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 03, 2012, 09:50:49 am »

This is the worst survivable embark instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 03, 2012, 10:43:33 am »

I have plans for this fort.  I think I've worked out a way to contain and weaponize those roaming vapor clouds as a bioweapon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 03, 2012, 11:24:22 am »

I have plans for this fort.  I think I've worked out a way to contain and weaponize those roaming vapor clouds as a bioweapon.

So we should start planning Battlefailed V, then?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:52 am »

Why's that?  My projects don't kill the entire population of a fortress, just enough that the remaining dwarves are inured to further genocides, murders or general loss of life.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:35 am »

Why's that?  My projects don't kill the entire population of a fortress, just enough that the remaining dwarves are inured to further genocides, murders or general loss of life.
Until it all goes horribly wrong and you have to move on to another fortress disguised as someone else.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 03, 2012, 11:47:51 am »

Until it all goes horribly wrong and you have to move on to another fortress disguised as someone else.

Actually my projects mostly work.  It's my SCHEMES that are too nefarious to fully comprehend.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:29 pm »

Actually my projects mostly work.  It's my SCHEMES that are too nefarious to fully comprehend.
Mostly works does not count when you are using bioweapons.
Especially when your workforce thinks it's normal to walk across a floor they coated with a contact poison without wearing shoes.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 03, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

Think of the ‼scientific‼ potential, however...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2012, 03:25:41 pm »

I cannot imagine how you intend to actually harness those clouds of death, but I'll be interested to see it attempted.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 136