Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538864 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #450 on: September 05, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »

Welp time to install a different version. I only have x86 ISOs, so long download times await!
If you have never done it before running Dwarf Fortress on 64bit Linux is not straightforward.

You have to install the 32bit version of the libraries needed to run Dwarf Fortress.
You might also need to edit the launch script (./df) to force it to use them.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:09 pm »

Welp time to install a different version. I only have x86 ISOs, so long download times await!
If you have never done it before running Dwarf Fortress on 64bit Linux is not straightforward.

You have to install the 32bit version of the libraries needed to run Dwarf Fortress.

Just using 64-bit Linux is not straightforward. I should be able to manage the library issues. But, the download estimate says 3 hours for the ISO (Fedora 16 XFCE). Looks like tomorrow will be when I am testing things.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 05, 2012, 08:59:35 pm »

Just using 64-bit Linux is not straightforward. I should be able to manage the library issues. But, the download estimate says 3 hours for the ISO (Fedora 16 XFCE). Looks like tomorrow will be when I am testing things.
I have not had any problems using 64-bit Debian Sid that were due to it being 64-bit.
I do remember Fedora (14) being harder to use in general than Debian though.

I will try loading the save on my laptop that has a 32-bit install on it and see what happens.
If I have the same problem on that you can test it on the 32-bit version tonight.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 05, 2012, 09:09:30 pm »

I will try loading the save on my laptop that has a 32-bit install on it and see what happens.
If I have the same problem on that you can test it on the 32-bit version tonight.
I happens for me on a 32-bit Linux OS as well.
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2012, 09:12:25 pm »

I happens for me on a 32-bit Linux OS as well.

Well, screw installing this OS on my USB stick, then. I still want to have it, though, and I'm super-tired after today, so I'll let it download tonight and test the bug after class tomorrow.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2012, 01:50:04 am »

Battlefailed 4: Battlefailed goes to Linux!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2012, 02:42:47 am »

I, annoyingly, have to cancel my turn. The bucket I'm on literally cannot run this. I managed to get it to not choke my entire computer with a bit of fiddling, but Windows starts whinging about low memory and unpausing, er, doesn't -- DF immediately stops responding and freezes up, and waiting doesn't seem to help.
    (Keep in mind that I was just taking an early peek to do some screenshots and my actual turn would likely have been several more years of carnage in, at which point I'm willing to bet my comp would have literally burst into flames from the sheer number of dead bodies lying around.)

Horrorfailed Craputer Kill Tally: 1 and counting!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2012, 03:05:24 am »

Well that sucks. I would have loved to see this place shatter your fragile grasp on reality (or what little of it was still left after Spearbreakers.)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2012, 07:42:04 am »

I could take some screenshots instead if you guys want; since I have FRAPs for screenshots and some image editing programs and what not to highlight the more prominent features of our hole in the ground.  On the patched save Eric provided I'm getting a steady 64 fps at the moment. (This was the most recent save, right?)

Also, there's corpses everywhere and at the moment the only 2 dwarves capable of any work are currently attending a party. That's the fort in a nutshell really. :D
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2012, 08:27:00 am »

All you need to get a screenshot is alt-printscreen and MS Paint, Space Cat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:08 am »

I don't think fraps works with DF.

Frog, I'll remove you from the list then.

Also: new OP quote.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:50 am »

Sinpwn - if you are able to dorf me before the end of your turn, so I don't have to figure out a way to write as someone not actually there, it would be much appreciated.  Just "Catalyst" is fine.

If no available dwarves present themselves before your finished, don't worry about it.  I sort of have a contingency plan, I guess.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2012, 01:01:45 pm »

Aiight, y'know what. Images time.

This is from the year 5 save, on page 21.

And considering I don't really have a say in the fort and how it goes, I'll just keep it to what it is (or was, I guess)

Live Roster

Others Roster

Dead Roster
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11

Dwarfing List updates?
I guess?
The x values are how many times the name showed up in the list.

Lastly, this fort is bigger than just those two images (only in the sense that there's more dug, but bigger nontheless)

Sorry if I ended up treading on any toes. :-\

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2012, 01:10:48 pm »

Live Roster

4 living, 559 dead/missing? Oh my goodness, that is GLORIOUS. XD

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 06, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »

Live Roster

4 living, 559 dead/missing? Oh my goodness, that is GLORIOUS. XD

We really are sadistic to the little fuckers. We put them in situations where it's nearly impossible to survive, and then make fun of them when they die terrible hilarious deaths.

And we name them after ourselves, so outsiders think that it was actually a Bay12er that got beaten to death with his own arm by a zombie. Does that mean that we're both sadists and masochists, at the same time?

Urge to further analyze is growing. I may write a paper on it. With the TvTropes links, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136