Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538799 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #465 on: September 06, 2012, 04:20:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that one of the 2 kids was also running around babbling, so that's just icing on the cake.

There's also a huge stockpile for clothes that takes up approximately 40% of the dirt fort all on it's own. I don't know why that's there, but plenty of socks for all!...and there's literally corpses everywhere. The surface is full of them. There's no clear space on the surface that is not within 10 urists of a corpse/reanimated corpse.

And I died twice already? That's news to me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 06, 2012, 04:37:21 pm »

Live Roster

That really must be the best apocalypse party ever.

Wish I was there.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »

That...is impressive. I especially love how there's two dwarves partying it up while the hordes of undead shuffle around outside. :)

At the rate dwarves die here, I wouldn't be surprised if we ran through the entire civilization and had a kingdom of the undead establish itself around Horrorfailed. They haven't started building anything, have they?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

That...is impressive. I especially love how there's two dwarves partying it up while the hordes of undead shuffle around outside. :)

At the rate dwarves die here, I wouldn't be surprised if we ran through the entire civilization and had a kingdom of the undead establish itself around Horrorfailed. They haven't started building anything, have they?
People, please! Stop giving the enemies ideas! Or Toady! Or the modding community!
But, joking aside, thank you AshSaber for the detailed and thoughtful screengrabs. I kinda went giddy when I saw the dead/missing count.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »

But, joking aside, thank you AshSaber for the detailed and thoughtful screengrabs. I kinda went giddy when I saw the dead/missing count.

Ahhahahahaha detailed and thoughtful.

a. I was happy to do it and
b. It made me giddy too.  :D

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »

Over 500 dead?  That's not nearly enough!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2012, 08:55:57 pm »

Is that including the dead dwarves from the original attempt, as well as previous reclaims?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2012, 09:04:35 pm »

Well, that was from the year five save, so mathing it up, we get 111.8 deaths per year average, or, if we math that into days, WE GET:
...So yeah. Let's at least get the to .5 a day, AT THE VERY LEAST.
N0te, according to DFWiki, the dwarven calender has 12 months evenly consisting of 28 days, which adds up to 336 days in a dwarven year. Don't tell me I fudged up the math because of being wrong about the days in a year.
EDIT: Aaaand someone here was a bit of a smartass with my second dorfs profession. JK, it's alright. Also, I do think that includes the dead things from the first attempt, unless DevilED got another dorf.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:29:54 pm by Dinjoralo »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:06 pm »

Well, that was from the year five save, so mathing it up, we get 111.8 deaths per year average, or, if we math that into days, WE GET:
...So yeah. Let's at least get the to .5 a day, AT THE VERY LEAST.
N0te, according to DFWiki, the dwarven calender has 12 months evenly consisting of 28 days, which adds up to 336 days in a dwarven year. Don't tell me I fudged up the math because of being wrong about the days in a year.
EDIT: Aaaand someone here was a bit of a smartass with my second dorfs profession. JK, it's alright. Also, I do think that includes the dead things from the first attempt, unless DevilED got another dorf.
If the name is in portuguese, it's my fault. I translated all profession names during my turn.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

My dwarf has apparently faked his death FOUR times.  WOO!

Also, who put a Trade Depot there?  That's where the power generator's supposed to be built!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2012, 09:31:35 pm »

If the name is in portuguese, it's my fault. I translated all profession names during my turn.
...Why? Why would you do that? :P Damn it, I can't stop chuckling, and now I have temptations to look through all five hundred fifty nine of the dead things to see who was dorfed during your turn.
Also, I pledge that, after every turn, the Overseer has to post the number of dead/missing creatures. I'll try to math the average out the deaths until the end.
And I realized that all those deaths weren't dwarven, post edited to remedy this.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »

...Why? Why would you do that? :P Damn it, I can't stop chuckling, and now I have temptations to look through all five hundred fifty nine of the dead things to see who was dorfed during your turn.
Also, I pledge that, after every turn, the Overseer has to post the number of dead/missing creatures. I'll try to math the average out the deaths until the end.
And I realized that all those deaths weren't dwarven, post edited to remedy this.

Make it an annual report.

Dwarven Population:
Undead Population:
Corpses:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »

Body parts:
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »

Make it an annual report.

Dwarven Population:
Undead Population:
Corpses:

Dwarf Fortress just got a score system.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:17 pm »

Yeah, good luck finding out how many undead things there are, without tediously counting them from the status screen...
Unless there's a mod/utility for things like that. And there probably is. :-\
Also, don't forget dead dwarves. All I'm trying to do is provide statistics that could be used for things and stuff. The intial reason I wanted to be put on the perma-dorf list was for something like that, too.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 136