Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 537928 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:10 pm »

Yeah, good luck finding out how many undead things there are, without tediously counting them from the status screen...
All you have to do is count the number of live creatures and subtract them from the "others"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:20:13 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »

The tally:
Alive     - 4  :V
Undead - 35 (Still unalive and kicking)

Dead Dwarves

Dead everything else
A lot

---
As for my counting... I didn't count anything that didn't have a job, and anything that's considered "so-and-so's corpse" was also not counted. I could be off by a body or two, but eh.

Amazingly I forgot how to count with a computer while doing this.  ???

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:03 pm »

Make it an annual report.

Dwarven Population:
Undead Population:
Corpses:

Dwarf Fortress just got a score system.

Sigged.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 07, 2012, 12:16:06 pm »

Now I really want to see what the next fort in the Battlefailed line is gonna be like.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:23:14 pm by Greasemunky »
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 07, 2012, 12:17:42 pm »

Well, screw installing this OS on my USB stick, then. I still want to have it, though, and I'm super-tired after today, so I'll let it download tonight and test the bug after class tomorrow.
Did you have a chance to test the save yet?
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 07, 2012, 03:20:16 pm »

Well, screw installing this OS on my USB stick, then. I still want to have it, though, and I'm super-tired after today, so I'll let it download tonight and test the bug after class tomorrow.
Did you have a chance to test the save yet?

I just got back from class/tutoring friends. I'm actually in the matrix Linux right now. Will post results soon.

RESULTS:

Holy shit. I'm not sure what you did. But you did it.

So I downloaded DF and installed all the dependencies. Opened it to check, it worked fine. Extracted the save from one of the archives, and plopped it in the appropriate place. I open up DF again, and it crashes immediately. Followed by FireFox. And Thunar. And my terminal. And xfce. And then the kernel panicked.

I am impressed.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:49:25 pm by Mego »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

I just got back from class/tutoring friends. I'm actually in the matrix Linux right now. Will post results soon.

RESULTS:

So I downloaded DF and installed all the dependencies. Opened it to check, it worked fine. Extracted the save from one of the archives, and plopped it in the appropriate place. I open up DF again, and it crashes immediately. Followed by FireFox. And Thunar. And my terminal. And xfce. And then the kernel panicked.

I am impressed.
Wow it only crashed Dwarf Fortress for me that sounds like this is a rather serious bug if it can crash your whole system.
Here is a link to the bug report I made if you would like to add your experiences to it.

I did not do anything to the save all problems are a natural part of Horrorfailed.
I tested it yesterday and the crash happens even with the first pre-embark save.
It crashed when I picked fortress mode with that save.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:20:38 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 07, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »

RESULTS:

I am impressed.
Wow it only crashed Dwarf Fortress for me that sounds like this is a rather serious bug if it can crash your whole system.
Here is a link to the bug report I made if you would like to add your experiences to it.

I did not do anything to the save all problems are a natural part of Horrorfailed.
I tested it yesterday and the crash happens even with the first pre-embark save.
It crashed when I picked fortress mode with that save.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was running it from a LiveUSB. I would install Linux, but that means I'd have to decrypt my entire hard drive, and then not be able to re-encrypt it until I removed the Linux install.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 07, 2012, 04:48:10 pm »

Well, this is probably going to thin the amount of people playing. I foresee quite a few people being unable to take their turn because of this.
INITIATIVE! I would like to sign up for a turn!
I'll try one of the saves on the bug report, just to make sure I can use it.
EDIT: It ran on my computer, with Windows 7.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:54:57 pm by Dinjoralo »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 07, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was running it from a LiveUSB. I would install Linux, but that means I'd have to decrypt my entire hard drive, and then not be able to re-encrypt it until I removed the Linux install.
Probably not unless your RAM or USB thumb drive are bad since those are where your OS is run from with a LiveUSB.

If your computer has a decent processor and more than 2GB of ram you could try running Linux in a Virtual Machine inside of Windows.
It should run pretty well if your processor supports hardware passthrough.

Also if it is not a laptop you could use separate hard drives for Windows and Linux.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:56:49 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

Probably not unless your RAM or USB thumb drive are bad since those are where your OS is run from with a LiveUSB.

If your computer has a decent processor and more than 2GB of ram you could try running Linux in a Virtual Machine inside of Windows.
It should run pretty well if your processor supports hardware passthrough.

Also if it is not a laptop you could use separate hard drives for Windows and Linux.

It's a laptop with an almost-decent processor. I've used VM's in the past, but they run painfully slow. I'm going to do more testing, to see if I can determine exactly what causes everything to die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »

So, apparently, Horrorfailed is self-aware and hates Linux.

Gentlemen we have created an Eldritch Abomination. Well done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »

So, apparently, Horrorfailed is self-aware and hates Linux.

Gentlemen we have created an Eldritch Abomination. Well done.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Also, I pledge we add this to the OP Quote List.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:29:57 pm by Dinjoralo »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2012, 07:21:09 pm »

Alright, as the Battlefailed Curse appears to be sneaking up on me, and a venerable tsunami of real life stuff is attempting to flood my metaphorical shoreline of free time, I'm going to post the entire turn on Sunday.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2012, 07:54:01 pm »

Uh.. fair warning, I probably won't manage more than one, MAYBE two small updates in the following week, then.  On the weekend I might be better.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 136