Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538770 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2012, 08:01:02 pm »

Uh.. fair warning, I probably won't manage more than one, MAYBE two small updates in the following week, then.  On the weekend I might be better.

As long as you can keep playing, it's not going to be a problem.

EDIT: Added some "author wanking" (as named by Mego) to the OP. Because I like wanking.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:06:15 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »

Sigged

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:03 pm »

So, apparently, Horrorfailed is self-aware and hates Linux.

Gentlemen we have created an Eldritch Abomination. Well done.

It wouldn't be the first time nor it will be the last. I'm just curious as to how many licks it takes to get to the center times it will take to get boring.

I mean can creating internet Eldritch Abominations ever be not fun?

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:11 am »

It wouldn't be the first time nor it will be the last. I'm just curious as to how many licks it takes to get to the center times it will take to get boring.

I certainly haven't gotten tired of it yet.  Though Squirrelloid's still missing...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2012, 12:54:45 am »

I certainly haven't gotten tired of it yet.  Though Squirrelloid's still missing...

Who?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 08, 2012, 01:07:13 am »

Evidently it's gotten so bad even referential humor to Squirrelloid is vanishing  :P

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 08, 2012, 01:23:13 am »

Hey, I haven't thought about Battlefailed in about a year so when I saw this as most recent post as annother cannon-fail-name
I figured it was time to update the old battlefailed OP to link to another offshoot. My eyes kind of glazed over near the end of Failcannon
and all I remember about Hellcannon is that they genned a new world and couldn't get either of the Battlefailed alchemy mods to work at first.
Since I'm not familiar with all of the new lore and legendary destruction, I'd just like to know in what way this is related to the other forts.
And maybe what stuff has happened while I wasn't paying attention.
Thanks.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2012, 01:40:49 am »

Hey, I haven't thought about Battlefailed in about a year so when I saw this as most recent post as annother cannon-fail-name
I figured it was time to update the old battlefailed OP to link to another offshoot. My eyes kind of glazed over near the end of Failcannon
and all I remember about Hellcannon is that they genned a new world and couldn't get either of the Battlefailed alchemy mods to work at first.
Since I'm not familiar with all of the new lore and legendary destruction, I'd just like to know in what way this is related to the other forts.
Thanks.

We broke DF a few times in Hellcannon, and Horrorfailed hates Linux, apparently. We made some headcanon towards the end of the Hellcannon thread, but I'm not sure how much of that is going to make it into the story. If we can even have a story; the world seems very intent on fucking us over.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 08, 2012, 08:20:16 am »

Thanks.

We sorta picked up the metaplot in Hellcannon, the development of which had tapered off towards the end of Failcannon, until Failday came around. Currently, we have the Foul One as a universe-munching eldritch abomination that may or may not have consumed the original Aluonra; the new world which was genned for Hellcannon (using the same seed, so broadly similar to Aluonra, at least in terms of landforms, if not biomes) may have been the original world which was in the process of being consumed by the Foul One, or it may have been an "evil twin" parallel universe (in either case, the Foul One was unmaking the universe from the location of Battlefailed outwards), though I'm 70% sure it was supposed to take place in the same universe, name and biome differences notwithstanding; after Hellcannon fell, the world was doomed. Currently, this Aluonra is a(nother) parallel universe, which is being invaded by the Foul One, who has Ura and Stuzang as his lieutenants, and the former Queen Led has been turned into some sort of eldritch abomination herself and now leads the vanguard into this universe. All the new changes, the night creatures and reanimating biomes and evil rains/mucks, are all the result of the Foul One's corruption spreading into this world.

However, we've been having enough trouble keeping the fort viable, so we haven't done anything more with the metaplot since the end of Hellcannon.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 08, 2012, 09:26:30 am »

Oh hey, my first sig! Nice!
Also, thanks for the recap on the story. I haven't gotten through Hellcannon yet, so now I'm kinda up to speed.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2012, 04:13:17 pm »

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up.  I apparently completely mis-remembered the metaplot as of Horrorfailed - really for most of Hellcannon even.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »

Status update? I know you're having RL setbacks, but some of us are getting antsy here.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:49:29 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2012, 09:53:40 pm »

I fear the curse of Battlefailed is rearing it's ugly head again, gentlemen. It's been, what, a week or so since any real sorta update?

I know Sinpwn said he'd post the update this past Sunday...maybe we should skip a turn and add him back to the list for later?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »

I say give him a day's grace period to speak up first, if that plan of action is taken.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 11, 2012, 12:07:26 am »

I fear the curse of Battlefailed is rearing it's ugly head again, gentlemen. It's been, what, a week or so since any real sorta update?

I know Sinpwn said he'd post the update this past Sunday...maybe we should skip a turn and add him back to the list for later?

Sunday is relative to his timezone, remember.  Give him a day to check in.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 136