Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538904 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2012, 06:32:31 pm »

Derp, hit "lock thread" by accident. All is well. Thanks Spish.

The curse is getting more aggressive...

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

Derp, hit "lock thread" by accident. All is well. Thanks Spish.

The curse is getting more aggressive...

The Foul One's taint is spreading.....

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26:32 pm »

Sorry.  Probably that burrito.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:59 pm »

Disgusting
Also, nice to see that the Linux issues have been sorted out. Even though I don't have Linux. I guess we'll all be able to play chicken with this black hole, together! Or something.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2012, 08:07:51 pm »

Disgusting
Also, nice to see that the Linux issues have been sorted out. Even though I don't have Linux. I guess we'll all be able to play chicken with this black hole, together! Or something.

I'm actually in the process of setting up a Linux install in a VM (Linux in a VM? Who would ever think of that?) for testing some software. I'm afraid to put DF on it, after what happened last time.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:03 pm »

I'm beginning to feel like I taint any fortress I create or participate in with some sort of lingering evil that affects not only the game but the players...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:46:37 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »

3 days without checking the forums? Sin, ye'd best not be succumbing to no curses.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:15:58 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:01 pm »

I'm beginning to feel like I taint any fortress I create or participate in with some sort of lingering evil that affects not only the game but the players...

You just thought you won Dwarf Fortress... You beat up 30.25 and declared yourself king.

Now his big brother, 34.11, is here to kick your ass. And he's taking us down, too.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2012, 12:21:40 am »

You just thought you won Dwarf Fortress... You beat up 30.25 and declared yourself king.

Now his big brother, 34.11, is here to kick your ass. And he's taking us down, too.

I'll admit, I've not been playing DF all that much as of late, but I've been dwelling on the additions in 34.11 and how to bend them to my will.   I really need to get a new fort going to test a few theories and ideas...

From memory, the main stuff in 34.11 is;

Deadly Clouds
Zombies/Haunted Ground
Necromancers
Werecreatures
Vampires
Minecarts

I think that's everything, right?  I'm pretty sure I can already break one of those over my knee, IF my theory pans out.  Two if I get creative with successful results of the first.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

Modify dwarven blood so it removes ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT on use to prevent vampires having the weird slowdown effect.

Then make everyone vampires.
Bam. Can never die of a failed mood except through blunt trauma. Stronger and faster too.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2012, 12:36:24 am »

Modify dwarven blood so it removes ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT on use to prevent vampires having the weird slowdown effect.

Bam. Can never die of a failed mood except through blunt trauma. Stronger and faster too.

I do all my mischief without modding.  I shall slay this game fairly!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2012, 12:55:06 am »

That's more a bugfix than a mod, but fair enough. :P

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2012, 12:55:12 am »

Except blunt trauma is how we typically resolve issues in our fortresses. Or, as we like to call it, percussive maintenance.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:00 am »

I'll admit, I've not been playing DF all that much as of late, but I've been dwelling on the additions in 34.11 and how to bend them to my will.   I really need to get a new fort going to test a few theories and ideas...

From memory, the main stuff in 34.11 is;

Deadly Clouds
Zombies/Haunted Ground
Necromancers
Werecreatures
Vampires
Minecarts

I think that's everything, right?  I'm pretty sure I can already break one of those over my knee, IF my theory pans out.  Two if I get creative with successful results of the first.

I know the feeling :-/. Minecarts are interesting to me in some ways, but I've yet to build a 34.xx fort that actually uses them. At some point, I'd like to build a fort with an entirely automated cargo system that just requires a push and delivers carts to the correct workshops based off weight (with a massive pressure plate system to do just that), and empty carts being delivered to loading points automatically.. I just did my first evil embark, and I got an evil mist that didn't seem to do anything to the livestock outside (I managed to get my dorfs out of harms way).
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2012, 08:17:22 am »

Hey guys, just checked in again to see what you were doing with th

FUCK
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 136