Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 537951 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #675 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »

(At least a small update tonight guys, I swear :P)

Obviously I meant tomorrow night... >.>

Of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 23, 2012, 02:28:02 am »

Imaginary Journal of Catalyst, Dwarven Baby
2nd Malachite, 506

The sounds of the groaning/bellowing undead ogress and those of masonry mingled as they echoed through the halls.  It seems Saint proved himself once again worthy of her name, and managed to erect a wall out of limonite blocks to block the entrance just in time to stop the zombie ogress!  The Ogress is known as "Fernnourished the Considerate Negator".  I guess the 'Considerate' part refers to how patiently she's been waiting, right in that very spot, ever since.  Negator, obviously, refers to what she does to dwarves.

The dwarves all had a big meeting to divide up tasks.  Now everyone's VERY busy.  Mostly there is a lot of digging to be done, but we're also constructing beds, coffins, pots, doing a bit of farming, a bit of brewing... it's an exciting time.  This is starting to actually resemble a fort.

A bunch of the dwarves have been digging a huge room out in the dirt.  One day it will serve as a source of fungiwood, but for now it's just "training" for the miners, apparently.

Meanwhile, Pyro outside is having a really bad time. 

We have been hearing his screams non-stop.  It's making all the new arrivals feel guilty for the one they left behind, and for Mommy to sleep as well, and she's really upset.  The blood gnats aren't helping either.

We're moving down into a nice stone room soon though, that should improve things.  It's MUCH better than before.  It doesn't even stink of corpses!  Actually the top fort doesn't either now, since someone had this great idea of building boxes and putting the bodies into them and then moving them out of the dining room. We relocated the dining room down below to the stone too, actually.  So that's much better.

Mego was acting funny.  He blames ghosts.  I blame all the dwarven rum he drank.

Then, we got an elven caravan!  If they somehow don't die, maybe we'll find a way of letting them in.  I, for one, am not holding my breath.  Hell, I can't even figure out how to work the levers.  I think the bridges are 1 tile wide, so it can't be distinguished if they are up or down.  And then the elves we're murdered - no big surprise there.  Also Pyro finally died - probably a relief.  He leaves behind a 3x3 square pool of his blood and 99 pages of combat log.  Owwwww.

Also, we might have pierced the aquifer while digging the dining room.  We were able to wall off the entrances - but somehow Mego (who was not even a miner) was trapped inside!

-----------

So, yeah, I think I'm going to just keep ending on the closest thing to cliffhangers I can pull out of my ass :-D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:29:38 am by CatalystParadox »
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 23, 2012, 02:30:23 am »

GODDAMN GHOST! I PREFER TO GET MY INEBRIATION FROM BOOZE, NOT SPIRITS!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 23, 2012, 03:18:29 am »

Proof that Aussie is still alive and up to his old schemes???

One of the bridge-controlling-levers was actually destroyed. It was the third, leftmost lever I believe, so I can only assume it is the westside bridge that's broke. Either way, we're eventually going to want a bridge entrance that doesn't completely suck.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:43:29 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 23, 2012, 03:20:31 am »

*clap*  ...  *clap*  ...  *clap*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 23, 2012, 03:25:58 am »

I just realized what I did there. Fuck you, English language, and your insistence on words having many varied definitions. >_<

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 23, 2012, 05:54:19 am »

Proof that Aussie is still alive and up to his old schemes???

Beats me.  Nearest I can figure is one of the new migrants stepped in him on their way in.  Or while disposing of his body - he did make it into the fort, right?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Stafir Ortnev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:06 am »

I just realized what I did there. Fuck you, English language, and your insistence on words having many varied definitions. >_<

Even Better to have done it on accident and not on purpose.  Also you're supposed to just say thank you or similar, and pretend you ment to do it all along...just like aussie does...all according to plan.
Newbie still learnin the game, don''t mind me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 23, 2012, 11:12:32 am »

Aussie was probably just cleaning himself from the wounds recieved during my turn.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 23, 2012, 11:54:18 am »

Aussie was probably just cleaning himself from the wounds recieved during my turn.

That Aussie Journal - Entry 34

Cut myself shaving today.  Such a shame to lose my own magnificent beard, but I must do so in order to wear one of my false ones as part of my next disguise.  Wish the migrants would hurry up and arrive so I can disguise myself as one of them.  They won't notice one more body out on the surface...

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 23, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »

Well, now it's immortalised forever in my sig. :P

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 23, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

It seems Saint proved himself once again worthy of her name

...what?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 23, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »

...what?

Accept it and move on. It's safer that way.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 23, 2012, 08:54:52 pm »

...what?

Accept it and move on. It's safer that way.
Keep moving citizen.

Anyway, going to update both the dwarfing list and the archive now. Dwarfing first.

Dwarfing done. Now for the real fun.

And... done. Uploading.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:38:59 pm by Deathsword »

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 23, 2012, 10:05:53 pm »

I've started working on my second journal thing. This one I'll put more time into, so hopefully it won't be as trashy as the last one. All the advice I can give you until then; "Avoid destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 136