Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538767 times)

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #720 on: September 26, 2012, 02:57:33 pm »

Hell, I'm probably going to have to play my turn as a zombie

I'm hoping to play my turn as a zombie; maybe even my own severed arm or something. That opens up a whole new world of "what the fuck"-ness for the minions living under my iron grip. The way this fort is going, I doubt this scenario will have much difficulty coming about.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:08 pm »

Damn, my thoughts fall on daft ears. I guess I'll just leave it where it is.
Anyways, My turn, if I ever get to it, and I have the time to play it then, will probably be the "original" me sending manipulatory orders into the dwarves minds. Or maybe there'll be a live Dinjoralo during then, but I have my doubts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 26, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

Ok, I don't know when Catalyst will end his turn, but I'll be grabing his save in order to check to see if the save is stable and convert it back to ASCII (even if the next person is going to use the same tileset as the last) in order to avoid any more problems, then re-upload it. I'll probably do this at the end of every turn from now on since I have way too much time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 26, 2012, 04:09:12 pm »

Ok, I don't know when Catalyst will end his turn, but I'll be grabing his save in order to check to see if the save is stable and convert it back to ASCII (even if the next person is going to use the same tileset as the last) in order to avoid any more problems, then re-upload it. I'll probably do this at the end of every turn from now on since I have way too much time.

Sorry for the delays - I'm going through the massive headache of a client who's not paying me for my work and it's eating a lot of my time and mental energy.  This week ought to see it resolved, one way or another.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:57 pm »

I have way too much time.

Tempting fate, man.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »

I have way too much time.

Tempting fate, man.

University still has to start due to the teachers being on strike for most of this year. It'll only start for me about mid-november so I don't have to really worry about it until then.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:32 am »

The "body surfing" habit of my dwarf is easy to explain. It's not the dwarf. It's the cats.. They wait until someone who is disposed to be friendly to them arrives, and then the feline hive-mind takes over.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 27, 2012, 08:57:30 am »

The "body surfing" habit of my dwarf is easy to explain. It's not the dwarf. It's the cats.. They wait until someone who is disposed to be friendly to them arrives, and then the feline hive-mind takes over.

This is probably the most realistic explanation for anything that has happened in these forts.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:17 am »

It's almost right, but that speech bubble should say "I'm Ledi!"

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:12 am »

Put me on the overseer list, plz. Again.

As well, dorf me.

rridgway - Failday Survivor.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 27, 2012, 03:08:57 pm »

Shouldn't we replace "Proximity to cats" to "Necessity of dwarf's actions"?
And "Statements" to "Thought processes"?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 27, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »

This is probably the most realistic explanation for anything that has happened in these forts.

Ahem...

I believe this is more accurate...

Edit: Increased accuracy by 67%...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:17:00 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:31 am »

Ahem...

I believe this is more accurate...

Edit: Increased accuracy by 67%...

OP!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 30, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »

Imaginary Journal of Catalyst, Dwarven Baby
16th Opal, 506

When last I left you, it looked like Mego was trapped to be drowned in a failed attempt to dig a dining room.  Well, I suppose I shouldn't have worried you.  Though he wasn't a miner himself, one of the miners, in their haste to get away, dropped their pick - and Mego was able to dig a staircase upward and save himself.  There are still 11 of us!

The sounds of digging continue below as ceaselessly as the pitter-patter of fetid-muck raindrops outside, and the petulant moaning of Fernnourished the Ogress Corpse behind the wall now blocking our backdoor.  The miners have to take constant care over the nearby aquifer, but we seem to have all learned our lesson from the earlier accident.

More nefarious mist was spotted (don't ask me how), this time coming from the southeast.  Even MORE directions migrants can't make it in alive, HOORAY. 

What's this?  What....

Even with almost 20 new burials, the ghosts are still active.

Then a Kobold thief appears!  ... Outside? I wonder who saw it.

Oh... oh that's not pretty.  Poor cutebold.

Spoiler: Again?! (click to show/hide)

That's it.  Engraving some slabs pronto.  I've had it with these motherfucking ghosts in this motherfucking fort.  Good night and good riddance.

The miners are really gaining some skill... and by Armok is there a lot of mining to do!  We've laid out plans for a fort much bigger than our current population, so there's a lot more designated than we're actually digging yet.  Workshops, catacombs, a dining room with food storage and miasma-locked animal processing area. And we're starting to dig deeper now so... wait what?

Just a little deeper we found the magma sea.  While in the process of constructing some magma forges, we had both a caravan and another kobold thief arrive.  The thief only took one blow from Fernnourished this time, sock to the head and dead.  We're looking into a safe way of trading with the merchants, but it is a bit of a long shot.  We'll see how that works out next time...

Or not.  As soon as I unlocked that hatch a ton of zombies charged.  I don't know how they could have seen us... must have smelled our stench.  It was locked again quickly.  I may build a wall around it.  There's little hope of building a successful depot at this point.  We have a few ideas, but we simply don't have time.  Some other overseer can do that, perhaps.  Trade would be nice but we're surprisingly self-sufficient at the moment, actually.

Now we are Twelve.

So, Mommy and I will keep crawling around the fort for now.  I should be able to report back one final time soon.

---------------

So, uh... guys... don't hate me...  I think I made this fort functional, sane, and efficiently designed.  Can you ever forgive me?

One more update (just a few months to go) in the next few days.  Not tomorrow, but perhaps the next day.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #734 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:52 pm »

I just had a picture of the corpses lounging outside and guzzling our booze just waiting for the fort to self-destruct.

This is after-all a Battlefailed fort, failure is the only thing we can succeed at ...

Quote from: CatalystParadox
So, uh... guys... don't hate me...  I think I made this fort functional, sane, and efficiently designed.  Can you ever forgive me?

... fuck ...

(though why the undead is drinking the booze, I will never know)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 136