Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 555086 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

Don't worry, someone will fix that.

Nice to see it's still going.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »

Guzzled booze? This happens? A referance to something having to do with polar bears? It is undead, that makes it all much more suspicious. Has anyone been doing any naughty modding in a succession fort?
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:49 pm »

I just had a picture of the corpses lounging outside and guzzling our booze just waiting for the fort to self-destruct.

That's basically what seems to be happening.  I actually got essentially this same message about 10 times at various points.  They also like River Spirits apparently.

Guzzled booze? This happens? A referance to something having to do with polar bears? It is undead, that makes it all much more suspicious. Has anyone been doing any naughty modding in a succession fort?

It only seems to be the polar bears.  You would think at least the Dwarf corpses would do it too.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:47 pm »

Bears have a token that makes them guzzle booze. Apparently, it carries over to undead ones. Nothing out of the ordinary here.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:59 pm »

Don't worry, someone will fix that.

Oh good.  Glad to know I can count on you guys!

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 30, 2012, 09:24:37 pm »

Bears have a token that makes them guzzle booze. Apparently, it carries over to undead ones. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

I find this set of statements extremely amusing.  And thanks for the most excellent update, Catalyst!
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 30, 2012, 09:29:46 pm »

I think the fort being functional is a good thing to happen after, ya know, there were only two able dwarves in the whole fort, whom took up half the dwarves living here. Besides, some overseer is bound to go monsta and kill off 71% of the fort. You've got to bring it up to mark it down.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »

I think the fort being functional is a good thing to happen after, ya know, there were only two able dwarves in the whole fort, whom took up half the dwarves living here. Besides, some overseer is bound to go monsta and kill off 71% of the fort. You've got to bring it up to mark it down.
Yeah, I can't go berserk if there's no one left to kill, you know.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »

Pah, measly 71%.  Amateurs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »

Plus it's hard to build unnecessarily-large and questionably-safe machines of indeterminate purpose with only three dwarves, one of which is an infant. Just imagine how much faster accidentally dropping the fort into the magma sea will go now that there's a viable labour force to do it with!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 30, 2012, 10:12:28 pm »

By the way: If this fort ever survives to my next turn (20 turns from now if no one skips), then I'm making Faliday Device v2.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »

Plus it's hard to build unnecessarily-large and questionably-safe machines of indeterminate purpose with only three dwarves, one of which is an infant. Just imagine how much faster accidentally dropping the fort into the magma sea will go now that there's a viable labour force to do it with!

I actually built something like that once.  It didn't drop into the magma sea, but it did drop into a cavern.  Unless a sacrifice was made...

I didn't actually know bears could drink from booze barrels.  That zombie one's gotta pretty well preserved by now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:19:59 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »

I actually built something like that once.  I didn't drop into the magma sea, but it did drop into a cavern.  Unless a sacrifice was made...

I didn't actually know bears could drink from booze barrels.  That zombie one's gotta pretty well preserved by now.

If I can get enough of the miscellaneous stuff done soon I may devote my last month or two to laying the groundwork for a massive magma pump - just to give a headstart to whoever cares to make use of it later.

As for the bears, looks like "[CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER]" is the cause (as Deathsword pointed out).  Wonder what would happen if we added it to dwarves...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:23:15 pm by CatalystParadox »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »

Strategia's title should be "No-Legged Prophet of Cheese" now. :P
But if there's anything I learned from my time spent with the save, it's that Strategia is hardy as fuck

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that the fortress is haunted by a ghostly innkeeper with a serial killer name?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »

I'm fairly certain all I've been dwarfed as were babies. So a ghost baby just tore off the legs of the Prophet of Cheese....

Can this game get any better? Even better, can this fort get any more crazy?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 136