Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 547178 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #945 on: October 20, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

Hey, I was reading through Hellcannon, and I came across this:
...Gamemaster catches a case of the melancholy. Once the fortress has calmed down, I shall commission a silver statue in her honour.
A skeletal polar bear is drinking the booze the elves left behind. Somehow.
Urist is beating random people for being criminals. With gusto...
Yes.
EDIT: Someone please draw a polar bear skeleton drinking illicit wine.

Skeletal polar bear drinking moonshine?

Stafir Ortnev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 20, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »

Wow..I completely missed my dwarf being christened...not really too close to my request..honestly I was willing to wait for what my post said..but eh..gift horses and mouths :P.

And...wow just the description..wide head, medium, dense, well combed grey hair...her nose bridge is sunk in....low eyebrows..extreemly fat...and a dark tanned skin.....oh yeah and huge jade eyed that are set closely together.  On top of that she understands very well the emotions others go through...how they think and feel...but she dosn't give a crap if others suffer.  She's good with stress..rares acts happy or shows enthusiasm at anything.  Is smart and well focused, likes to try new things and to defy convention.  I just....wow....why do I feel like a racial stereotype?  Well.

Folks..the big momma has come in to stay.  And don't you try to get away with anything..she will run you down..and she will beat you with whatever is handy.

I think I need a title change for this incarnation of Jorlin..origionally he's supposed to be a down to earth fellow capable of carrying himself in battle..but this..wow.

Can Jorlin have her title changed to 'Big Momma' please?

Journal of Jorlin:

Oh for laaaaaaaawnd sakes, what is wrong with his place?  These folks is craaaaaaaazie!  Here I was just mindin my own business, goin to this new place I dun heard of called Horrorfailed...i figured yaknow must be a nice place...failing at bein a horror an all that, but you know what?  I said you know what?  I start goin in an I see some dwarf just out thar chewin on stuff on the ground and I'm like..nuuhh uh no way I gonna let that be darlin!  But you know what he dais?  You KNOW what he does?  He gets up, an starts chasin me to try an eat me..so well I know better than to be around this crazy dwarf...even if he does have good taste.  After all, wouldn't you want to eat me?  Everyone should want to eat me!  But I still book it out of there.  But you know what I find out?  These things is everywhere, and I mean everywhere!  so I high tail it to where this fort is supposed to be at..and all I see is this hole in the wall fort..and its got another one of those dwarf eaters outside it.  I don't know what a girl like me is supposed to do..so I just keep goin!  mmmm mmm!

Then some of those inside the fortress tries to get rid of this critter..they called it Uno..i spose cause they just one of it..I dunno!  But one of those foos..was carrying a baby...and was using it as a shield...lawd sakes I don't know what that fool dwarf was thinking, everyone knows you don't use baby's as shields..they squish too easily!

But just when things look lost...a couple of dwarves come in out of nowhere..and kick that Uno down...and apparently that was that..I high tailed my way in there...and I thought it looked like a hole in the wall from the outside!  hah...now that I'm inside...it looks even worse!

This place..it just needs someone like me...we need a good farm goin..so we can get some good vittles on the table!  And none of those undead meat crops..no sir eee!
Newbie still learnin the game, don''t mind me.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 20, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

Hey, I was reading through Hellcannon, and I came across this:
...Gamemaster catches a case of the melancholy. Once the fortress has calmed down, I shall commission a silver statue in her honour.
A skeletal polar bear is drinking the booze the elves left behind. Somehow.
Urist is beating random people for being criminals. With gusto...
Yes.
EDIT: Someone please draw a polar bear skeleton drinking illicit wine.

Skeletal polar bear drinking moonshine?
It's illicit because it's OURS. It doesn't belong to those undead polar pricks, and they are drinking it anyway. They must die.    …Again

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 21, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

I, um, so...wow. I think I missed a bit. As in half of Hellcannon and all of this.

I'll be back in about a year.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 21, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »

I, um, so...wow. I think I missed a bit. As in half of Hellcannon and all of this.

I'll be back in about a year.
We'll be here when you get back, assuming we haven't found a way to destroy reality by then.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 21, 2012, 08:02:54 pm »

We'll be here when you get back, assuming we haven't found a way to destroy reality by then.
Quit being such an underachiever. We'll probably end up tearing existence a new one by the end of this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 21, 2012, 08:16:02 pm »

Well if anyone bothers to make a perpetual motion engine, then it's objective complete.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 21, 2012, 11:38:08 pm »

Well if anyone bothers to make a perpetual motion engine, then it's objective complete.

Been there, done that.  In two different iterations, no less.  Takes about three months to build, if the dwarves can be kept on-task.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 22, 2012, 05:48:42 am »

I quickly figured out why Nexus wasn't working, it's because I forgot to turn on her hauling labors. Silly me. There will still be sacrifices, though.

When we last left off...

Rridgway has lost her walking stick and is now reduced to crawling around babbling.

So I kick that sucker out the airlock. She's going to die no matter what I do, might as well make it interesting.

Promptly, a hoofless water buffalo (the exact same one from before, in fact), crawls up to Rridgway and...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...proceeds to strangle her with its only remaining leg. What the hell. Our watchmen have lovingly dubbed the creature "Icewiped."

Nexus happens to pass by hauling a wolf cage. She doesn't seem at all bothered by this.

Until Rridgway suffocates and Nex hurls the poor wolf through the air in a fit of rage because apparently Rriddy was her bestest friend in the whole wide world. She spends the next few weeks punching trees.

Another day, another migrant wave, and we manage to get all nine of them inside alive this time. I haven't even had to close the main entrance once since I opened it up way back in the summer because our marksmen are doing a very, very good job keeping the zombies out
...perhaps a little too good...

Occasionally a zom'bold would pick the lock and make his way up to try and assassinate our diligent shooters. But even as slavering undead abominations, they're just too cute to be threatening!

At one point, EmeraldWind, Reason, and baby Kar are alone on the tower when they are suddenly set upon by an army of zombie ravens.
You zombie bastards! You can't do that to the future president! Kar manages to survive this harrowing ordeal, even nearly falling over the edge, but Reason saves him. Very nice.

6 dead bodies here, 3 on the stairs, 2 on the floor above this, and about a dozen or so scattered on the ground surrounding the tower. Must've been one heck of a night.

D'awww...
For some reason, any pets not pastured or locked inside always end up wandering outside to be killed by zombies. This has been the fate of all pets in Horrorfailed history.

The merchant caravan arrives on the evil side, right in the middle of a herd of what might as well be skelk. The two melee bodyguards die trying to fight them off, but their crossbowdwarf comrade is able to finish the skelk from afar. Thus the merchants are free proceed to the depot unhindered.

For once, the outpost liaison arrives in a sensible place, on the opposite side of the map, and makes it safely to the fortress, easily avoiding all the remaining zombies. Because there are no remaining zombies. All the zombies are dead. All of them. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is now safe to go outside. I am sorry guys, I truly am. I was not expecting our four elite marksdwarves to kick this much ass. Good thing too, because the outpost liaison has the brain of a cat and kept wandering outside for no discernible reason.

But I do eventually figure out why, when I follow our local giant cave spider on her journey into the outside world, and she stops in two very specific locations. Apparently, some joker scattered meeting hall beacons in the outdoor area and that's why our pets (and liaisons) have all been marching to their deaths. Ha ha.

Seeing as I can't be arsed to have our workers waste time hauling a bunch of useless items to the depot right now (not a whole lot of time left in the year), I just tell Space to crank out something arbitrary we can use for an easy bargain.

...it ends up being way more valuable than I was expecting, but eh... we'll take EVERYTHING thank you very much!

Seeing as the fortress is a little dull on the fashionable side of things, I have some rose gold bars made and commission SignHere to make a cool statue out of them. After about three attempts, he gives us this gem:
A fabulous pink statue of a certain Aussie dwarf as he assumes the foetal position. Perfect. This will be the new centerpiece of our dining room. No artifacts this season, but I believe this makes up for it.

Web collectors and ore smelters being harassed by crundles, so I send our two newest farm-fresh recruits, Tryrar and Jorlin (still a pigsticker at this point), to deal with the problem. Maybe they'll get some decent practice out of it.

The aftermath is impossibly bloody. Honestly, I'd hate to see what life on the farm was like if this is anything to go by...
Tryrawr shows up with no weapon and settles for ripping them apart with his teeth.

I begin to notice a lot of work orders being suspended, so I take a quick look around to find Silverlock being chased around a very large room by...
Whoops... well I'm surprised it took him this long to break out, but it looks like hatch covers won't cut it anymore. Anyway, all you really need to know is that Ashsaber...

Well he died again. R.I.P. Ashsaber.
(and congratulations on getting killed by the same monster twice)

This unfortunate accident has left 4 dwarves in the hospital... in addition to Dr. Gizogin who has been stuck there since the start of my turn, and, due to the fact that our other doctors are all horribly incompetent, likely won't be leaving anytime soon.

Get well soon Zeratul.

Not long after this, I recruit Kaamen as a doctor (cause she's good at that stuff apparently) and what do you know, she immediately goes to work on Gizogin, fixing two of his broken bones within a week, something that ArmageddonCounselor, Deathsword, and Dorfitron combined couldn't do in an entire fucking year. Needless to say, that's a little too competent for my tastes, so I have her relieved of duty. Sorry Gizogin, looks like you're doomed to be stuck in a hospital bed forever. Or at least until you eventually succumb to that toe cancer of yours... (What, no one told you about that?)

Nexus...

People are staring...
Space, you're not just going to sit there and watch while your wife get drained of blood, are you?

...I guess you are. R.I.P. Space's wife.

With Nexus' thirst for blood quenched, I am finally able to safely complete a "secret project"

You know what this fortress needs more of?

Vomit. Random piles of vomit everywhere. I have no idea where they're coming from, and quite frankly, it's seriously starting to freak me out. From what I can tell, touching pretty much ANYTHING that came from outside, even so much as looking at it, immediately sends one into a spiral of profuse vomiting that lasts for several days. Mego's beautiful Gizogin door is completely covered in the stuff.

Meanwhile, Megaman and friends are throwing a party with our friendly neighborhood giant cave spider. They seem to think the vomit covered door is an artistic statement. Hell, maybe they were the ones that caused the vomit.

Look at this. All that green is vomit. Just one long trail of it from one staircase to the other. This fortress is a goddamn mess.

That's it for the autumnal report. I'm pretty much done with my turn (just putting the finishing touches on the fortress and fixing our present lack of zombie), so the final update should be around in short order.

Wow..I completely missed my dwarf being christened...not really too close to my request..honestly I was willing to wait for what my post said..but eh..gift horses and mouths :P.
I was thinking more of a crazy redneck stereotype myself. At any rate, blame Deathsword for not putting the specifics in the OP :P
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:29:00 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02:50 am »

Well, at least the vomit adds a nice splash of color to the front door....and the walls...and the halls...and the staircase...
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 22, 2012, 08:25:20 am »

Journal of Mego

I don't feel so good...

HURRRRRRRRRRKK! BLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

SpaceKGreen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:47 am »

Nexus...

People are staring...
Space, you're not just going to sit there and watch while your wife get drained of blood, are you?

...I guess you are. R.I.P. Space's wife.

Well that's a bummer...  No one reacted to it at all?

Though I should have expected this after the dwarfing post.  :P

----------

Echoes from the Horrorfailed forge...

KLANG

KLANG

klang

Mah heart's just not into it today.

...in tha open, right where everybody shoulda saw...  Why didn't they?

...why didn't I?

This is a steel axe.  On the item is an image of a dwarf.  The dwarf is grieving.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 22, 2012, 09:39:36 am »

How is my dwarf? He's still alive?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:39 am »

^ Your dwarf gets a "special mention" in the upcoming update ;D
Well that's a bummer...  No one reacted to it at all?

Though I should have expected this after the dwarfing post.  :P
Actually, Volfgarix was thoroughly freaked out by the experience. Urist Imiknorris was On Break and gave no fucks. There were no other witnesses.
However, when you put it that way... not only did I have his wife publicly killed, but after he personally made me a priceless adamantine relic. Which I sold for less than 1/10th of it's value. Dwarf-me is kind of a dick.

Then again, most overseers here would do the same to an entire migrant wave without any second thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:17:27 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:36 am »

Quick, send me after the vampire! Dwarf justice must be served!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136