Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 553683 times)

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - The Pit of Perdition
« Reply #1290 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:49 pm »

Count Eric has suffered a tragic accident.

Actually, he did.  Or at least a tragic exposure to the undead.  Count Eric, Helgoland, and Arcangelsd are currently mindless ravening creatures of unlife trapped in cages.

Count Eric mandates opening the cage!

Nice try, ex-Count.

Dinjoralo, you are still alive, and I'm sure you have been up to some wacky hijinks, but I didn't see you, so you're in the clear for now.  I'm still keeping my eye on this, though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And to whomever asked about our magma and metalworking capabilities, we have had magma workshops and smithing since before my turn started.  We have materials enough for enough brass to collapse into a black hole.  Or a brass hole, anyway.  Ferrous materials, though, . . . not so much.  I have traded for what I could, but it still isn't a whole lot.

9 Timber, 511

Stran the not-so-Forgotten Beast has made a move up the FB highway.  The Rags of Breath and the Rough Crotch-Pinnacles were sent to put him down, and down he was put.  El Presidente Kar Puwuncobi delivered the killing blow with her silver war hammer.  Most impressive.

28 Timber, 511

Thaddeus has succumbed to infection.  I didn't even know he was sick.  A quick check of the other dwarves shows no other infection, but I will  Gizogin, our chief medical dwarf, orders to keep alert for any sign of plague. 

On an unrelated note, dwarven traders are here and I scored some iron and steel weapons and armor, not to mention a nifty steel serrated disc.  I can't wait to see this baby in action.  Also offered some goods to the mountain home.

This was an engraving done on the wall in the Doom Room, the place where captives can be ushered from this mortal realm.  Very odd.  Excellent title, though.

9 Moonstone

Edem the engraver has been taken by a fey mood and has claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop.  Armok save me from these moody artists.

24 Moonstone

Edem made a useless amulet worth 6000 dwarfbux.  Uninspired.  At least it has improved his already excellent engraving skills.

21 Opal, 511

'Kar Puwuncobi' Inenmonom,  El Presidente has grown attached to a copper shield.  It takes all kinds, I guess.

I will play more after I get the horde of girls ravening through the house for my little girl's slumber party to calm down and start watching a movie.

"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:02 pm »

Dinjoralo, you are still alive, and I'm sure you have been up to some wacky hijinks, but I didn't see you, so you're in the clear for now.  I'm still keeping my eye on this, though:
Obviously, it's to help with the poem. Now I'm wondering if this is Schrödinger's Forgotten Beast, where its hair color would have been different if I had asked for a different title. Therefore, I shall ask for my next dwarves title to be "Uses the Weapons", just to see what happens.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 21, 2013, 12:24:54 am »

12 Obsidian, 511

An ambush!  Curse the Goblin filth!  I may close the gate and let them rot outside, but it might be worthwhile to restock our dwindling supply of victims entertainers. 
   Well, bah.  Between the muckmist and the wilddeath, the first squad of gobbos didn't even get halfway to the entrance before they turned tail and fled.  I really should send a message to General Tode Ukgeolngo of the Trite Cruelty.  His tribe is no longer providing quality service.

The second squad made it to the entrance but not into the fortress proper.  Urg -- the muckmist has really done a number on them, blistered them up all over. It is amazingly disgusting -- someone should tell them what "dishonorable discharge" really means.

1 Granite, 512:

The end of my time as overseer is nigh.  And good riddance to it, too.  It wasn't all bad -- the bossing people around part was lots of fun -- but overall I prefer sticking to my arts.  Plus, I need to get back to discovering why I am here. 

Notes:
   I have failed utterly at getting our FB corpses into the undeadinator.  There was a dump zone that I didn't find, and one of the corpses got hauled there before I noticed what was going on.  It would be good to continue our collection with the FB skeletons lying about. 

The execution pit is not quite deep enough to kill its victims outright, but I like that: it gives our military some easy practice targets and quick, easy kills.

Food and drink supplies are doing fine, enough to support our 70 citizens for a while.  I have the kitchen creating lavish meals for all of us; there's only so long you can subsist on quarry burgers before the latrines become too deadly to visit.  Talk about your "fetid muck" and "nefarious mist."

I never did do anything to increase our supply of tameable crundles.  I'm not a big fan of crundles.  In the immortal words of the famous sage Scruffy: "Crudless! the third caverns are full of scruddles! Horrors! cruddles in the caverns!"
  Now, who can argue with that?

Sorry for the short and mostly colorless last couple of updates.  Between work, life, party, and the onset of a cold or something, I'm bushed.

Uploaded save is here. 
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:12 am »

Woah, nice timing! xD
Its all right, if nobody minds, I'm going to delay my turn until this very Wednesday, because tomorrow it's my last college exam.

Also, I need some time to wrap around my head how I'm going to write my post having in account that I'm y'know, undead.

Am I the only one surprised about the fact that we hadn't had a zombie overseer before?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »

I'm more surprised at how competent and reasonable our overseers have been up to this point.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

ArtofCombat816

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 21, 2013, 10:25:57 pm »

Can I be dwarfed, bitte/please/insert-other-languages-here? Name of Art.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 23, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

Can I be dwarfed, bitte/please/insert-other-languages-here? Name of Art.
Duly noted.

Well, I had to say Wednesday, hadn't I?

First contact postponed until Thursday while I proceed to the extraction of my foot out of my mouth.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 23, 2013, 06:09:32 pm »

Don't worry; I find procrastination is the key to victory!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

sensei_shade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »

I'd like to have a dwarfing as well, if possible. Name of sensei_shade, thanks in advance!

HunterG24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:48 pm »

I realize given the amount of death that goes on in this Armok forsaken place there is doubt my request will ever be achieved;

but could I get Dorfed, name Hunter?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 24, 2013, 12:23:39 am »

While you're at it, be sure to return Eric to his mansion so that he may resume his duties as Count of Horrorfailed.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:31 am »

While you're at it, be sure to return Eric to his mansion so that he may resume his duties as Count of Horrorfailed.
Those were exactly my plans. Just after installing me in the overseer's quarters. And sealing the entrance. And giving the count and me a steady supply of cats in order to keep us nourished and happy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 24, 2013, 02:00:29 pm »

But I love kitties ;_;

I demand puppies for sustenance.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »

Dorfify me, cap'n! No special preference.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:00 pm »

Dorfify me, cap'n! No special preference.
but could I get Dorfed, name Hunter?
I'd like to have a dwarfing as well, if possible. Name of sensei_shade, thanks in advance!

Wow, quite a few dorfings incoming, I guess.

We were using .34 , right?

DF seems unable to read the save; it simply doesn't appear when selecting an already existent world.
It's only me, or someone else has this problem?

(The save doesn't seem to have any problem, I downloaded and unzipped it without trouble)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:51:42 pm by arcangelsd »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136