Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538818 times)

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - The Pit of Perdition
« Reply #1305 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:37 am »

I would like a dorf, too. Nickname Koter. Male. Thanks.
If possible, quickest to heal soldier.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:53:22 am by koter »

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 25, 2013, 10:29:41 am »

We were using .34 , right?

DF seems unable to read the save; it simply doesn't appear when selecting an already existent world.
It's only me, or someone else has this problem?

(The save doesn't seem to have any problem, I downloaded and unzipped it without trouble)

Yes, it was saved under 34.11.  This was my first upload to DFFD, so it may be that I screwed that up.  I will try to download it and see what it looks like.

Edit:  I have downloaded the save under both Windows and OS/X, and it works for me.  You might want to make sure the extracted directory is in the right place, under the save directory. 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:26:57 pm by Silverlock »
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »

I redownloaded DF.34
It works now. This is so weird...

Took a look at the fortress.

I don't know how to say it...
IT MAKES SENSE!
I mean, the fortress is rather well structured, and the purpose of nearly every place is easy to comprehend.

Who in heavens has let this happen.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 25, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »

Arcangelsd cancels make fun of insane fortress: too insane.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 26, 2013, 10:06:33 am »

Turns out that insane fortresses look sane to insane players.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 26, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »

He's sort of right, really.  I mean, there are recognizable workshop areas, dining rooms, housing areas, etc.

There are also passageways that go nowhere in particular, stairs in places for no good reason, and other odds and ends, but portions of the fortress, at least, make some sense. 

One confusing part is the boatload of levers, many of which have notes attached, some of which make sense.  And the fort layout on the entry level is a Lovecraftian vision. 
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 28, 2013, 11:02:23 pm »

Yay I got caught up.

I also took a look at the latest save and uh...

Citizens: 70
Pets: 56
Other :111 (Only about a quarter are undead)
Dead: 1203

Also.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also there's a ghost running around with a piece of cow sweetbread. I don't know how that works.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:15:04 pm by Ashsaber »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 28, 2013, 11:24:53 pm »

Oh man, my turn's coming up. Better get back into DF. I don't want to miss this.

I plan to basically be Adwarf Hitler. I will implement a final solution to the undead question.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 29, 2013, 10:07:51 am »

There's meeting space everywhere, the weed needs gardening and pruning, and there's no minecart powered stockpiles. There's also a small wood stockpile outside the fort, and wagons can't path over the traps of death.
Also it's kind of understandable that this fortress curses its overseers: it takes forever to figure out what is where (more than usual I imagine)

Then, if we assume that you are sane, it means that I can make sense of this fortress because I'm insane.

Now that's a thing to think about...

In a second thought, maybe making huge mansions for the ravenous undead corpses of myself and the count was a giveaway that I might be a bit deranged.

And yeah, yeah, I'll update soon with some flavour text, because there is nothng much that needs attention in the fortress.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 29, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »

I'm sane? Huh.

Then, as the sane man, I must judge this fortress!

~~Judgment~~
This fortress is built with reason: Everything's pretty much what it appears to be and follows the proper laws of Dwarven Redundancy. I hate to say it, but this fortress earns a rating of Sane, if only borderline so.

Apparently Horrorfailed being sane is a bad thing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:30 am »

Well, it does make it less interesting... I suppose it'd make sense since the fortress wasn't built under pressure of attempting to expand beneath the ocean and such else. Failcannon and Battlefailed were completely nuts just for all the attempts to move structures around. Odds and ends of tunnels everywhere.

Horrorfailed is built on grounds about as brutal as they come, but beyond that it's location doesn't offer much incentive to re-purpose or restructure it's layout constantly. Except that damn upper level; quit rearranging the entry hallway, and we wouldn't have problems with the gates not having operating levers connected!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 30, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »

quit rearranging the entry hallway

El Presidente has mandated the construction of a new entry hallway.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 30, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »

Koter. Male
If possible, quickest to heal soldier.

but could I get Dorfed, name Hunter?

Dorfify me, cap'n! No special preference. -Aerie

I'd like to have a dwarfing as well, if possible. Name of sensei_shade, thanks in advance!

All welcome the new meat!

Aerie the beekeeper!

Koter, our new macedwarf!

Hunter, our new marksdwarf (It was fitting)!

Aand Sensei_shade, a bowyer!

Writings in *cat blood* found in the walls of a rather luxurious pit in Horrorfailed

I was killed and infected by the zombifying vapours. I'm rather suprised that I actually remember it, unlike we had previously thought. And I'm more suprised that the dwarves actually let me back in the fortress.
But what really coloured me surprised was when they appointed me as overseer.

In retrospect, I must say that it was a insanely lucky opportunity.

And I took it. As soon I had the power, I ordered some adequate chambers for an overseer to be carved, near the living quarters. A nice mansion, extending for two levels, including a chute to throw down livestock in order to saciate my hunger, which grew rather rapidly. Of course, I did not forget about our good count Eric. needless to say, his quarters were  reformed accordingly to his situation. Sadly, he had to step down of his position. It was discussed (and is, by the time I'm writing this) that a certain Aussie dwarf was seen rubbing his hands and muttering something about a plan when he heard about the good ex-count stepping down.

Nothing unusual in Horrorfailed, you see. I mean, I was a ZOMBIE overseer. It surely couldn't get weirder from that...

Right?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:28 am »

Because it's the hip new thing right now, I'd like to request a dorf as well.

Name: Ieb the 2nd
Profession: Doesn't really matter. Maybe not anything vital or important, like a smith or whatever.
Custom Profession Name: The Angry Prophet of Luk(or Lūk if that can be input)
Extra Requests: To be drafted to the military for a glorious death, in order to inspire others to do better than die like a bitch. Maybe a macedorf. Hammer would do as well. I'll hammer some sense to our foes, or(read: and) die trying! If we don't need any military dorfs, just a regular dorfing will do.

I would have asked for a turn on this thing, but the fort will probably end before my turn would arrive, and I don't have the time either and don't want to clog up the rest of the people even if by some chance I'd get the turn.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:23:11 am by Ieb »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 31, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »

Speaking of turns, I would like to be on the list. If not horrorfailed, then it's successor! Long live the stupid dorf tricks!
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 136