Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 554936 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - The Pit of Perdition
« Reply #1395 on: February 27, 2013, 08:58:44 pm »

I disappear for months, and I come back to find my dwarf is still alive?

You guys clearly aren't running this fort correctly.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 28, 2013, 07:00:05 am »

Don't redorf Eric yet, he's still a zombie (arc too). And incidentally also the closest thing we have to a ruler.
Transfer him from cage to mansion if arc hasn't yet.
I didn't. The Count's mansion has been "Occupied" by some disgruntled dwarves.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 28, 2013, 06:43:10 pm »

This is a crudely-fashioned cat leather journal. On the front is a crudely-drawn stegosaurus in a rocketship. The stegosaurus is headbanging.

2nd of Limestone
Some beardy came runnin' to me down in the forges. Asked me if I was Space. "Which Space?" asked I. He said the other one, the one that made all the armor and was rumored to be dead. I told 'im I was, but not dead, and why was he askin'?
...apparently, we were being led by an undead, zombie overseer. Said overseer went piss-poor-crazy-nasty-ass-honey-badger-feral. That's a word, go look it up. Anyway, I'm the overseer now. I don't know how in the burnin' 'ells we came to that conclusion, but whatever, I'll go with it.

The first thing to do as the new supreme power of the fort is to take a tour around the place...that don't sound too hard. I let the nameless peasant who came to inform me lead the way, and off we go on the tour.

10th of Limestone
...I was completely and utterly wrong. That tour...that tour has opened my eyes. By Armok's bloody beard, how the hells did I not notice how absurd this whole fortress layout is? It took us over a week to cover everyplace in the fort, and I still don't entirely know how to find my way around.

I've made some crude sketches of the entire place, as far as I can recall. By Armok's bloody beard's bloody menstruations, this place is...I don't even know any more.

Ah, during the tour the peasant mentioned how the current caverns are infested with crundles and some shelled worm with a posionous bite. Eh. Keep the walls sealed up and we'll be fine, right?

Oh, there's this one floor up in the middle of the fort...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh man, the running of a huge mess of a fort like this sounds like a load of bullshi--work. Yeah, work. What am I gonna do with all this responsibility?...First, I think I'll get a drink, or maybe three. Yeah, five drinks sound good right about now.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SpaceKGreen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 28, 2013, 08:32:21 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:35:43 pm by SpaceKGreen »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 01, 2013, 12:27:05 am »

We have skunks? Cool!

Eric McZombieCount mandates caged skunks throughout his halls.

Eric McZombieCount mandates a vampire maid to manage his halls.

Eric McZombieCount mandates less coffins, more zombies. And a party hall for them to hang out in with their vampire staff serving drinks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:55 am »

Also, please specify which mess of architecture is supposed to be the count's mansion, so I can dump his undead beard on top of the squatters.
Did you not read my spoilers? It's this place. As you can see, the Occupy Horrorfailed movement is in full swing.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Foo Quuxman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:42 am »

Shouldn't those channels in the magma forge area be hatched over until they are needed? Makes it less likely for !!FUN!! if enemies get in there and knock people around.

Obviously you have to balance the fun from falling in the magma with the possibility of surviving for better fun.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 01, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »

Holy crap ... I've made it ... Now I feel sad as I'm done reading and have nothing to look forward to when I want to :s its hard to imagine this fort was down to 2 crippled adults and 2 babies at one point ... Also dwarf lil ol me too! Nothing fancy, just destra - female dwarf who preferably is whole in body ...

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 01, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

The "pool" is actually a failed attempt at an aquifer breach, but I can't remember who's turn it was part of.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 01, 2013, 08:38:34 pm »

Just so everyone knows, the outside of the fortress is covered in a mantle of no less than 6 different fluids of distinct lethality.
I'm positively surprised that they hasn't started a exotermic chemical reaction and caught fire. Yet.
temperature's off for a reason, fire is a fps killer
I tried downloading the save and testing out what would happen with Temperature on. Sadly, no infernal reactions happened, at least before I got disappointed and stopped. I was a bit surprised by my framerate, which was at about 35 FPS. I mean, I don't have the best computer ever, but it's still a pretty powerful gaming rig.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:00:51 pm by Dinjoralo »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:26 pm »

3rd of Limestone

Apparently I was mistaken on the date, but the tour did take some bloody time. I never had a good sense of time anyway, I rarely leave the forges and I don't even recall what the bloody sun looks like. Before I sit down to managing this hole in the ground, I'm gonna have a drink or twelve.
----
*the rest of the page is illegible due to heavy stains that smell of booze.*
----
Ugh, woke up from my passing out in the dining hall. Apparently the impeding stress of even thinking of ruling this place was too much for alcoholic-drunk-me and I've named some poor sod the new overseer after I lobbed a mug at his head. I then promptly passed out.I got me journal I keep in my pockets soaked with booze, heh. Woops.

That's cool I guess, I'm gonna go forge some copper armor with dinosaurs on it or something...

This is a crudely forged copper cap. On the cap is an image of a velociraptor and a headache and a hangover. The velociraptor is in the fetal position. The headache is laughing. The hangover is striking a menacing pose.
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Welp, I think I'm gonna pass on my turn.  There's too much other stuff I'm busy with, and when I sit down and think "Right, I'm gonna manage this fort" then I bail and make no progress.

Rather than take up time simply by posting pointless updates about how the fort manages itself, I'm just gonna pass on what little changes I've made and let someone more capable take it from here. Here's the save, with all dorfings from the most recent list and and some digging designated and some copper armor and hammers set to be forged repeatedly. I built all the caged zombie dorfs in the assumed mansion, you just need to release them and lock the doors.

Also, someone make sure I assigned myself, Space the "Armored Armorer" to forging armor, I don't remember if I did that or not.

PS: Aussiedwarf tried to bash a zombie with his crossbow without any back-up and was gangbanged by zombies during the little time I had the game unpaused. He's ded, Jim.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:58:30 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »

"Gangbanged by zombies" sounds like both a horrible way to go, and some very strange fetish...

Honestly I don't have a damn clue what my "mansion" is supposed to be, since I never saw it. Is it the most expensive room in the fortress?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

"Gangbanged by zombies" sounds like both a horrible way to go, and some very strange fetish...

Honestly I don't have a damn clue what my "mansion" is supposed to be, since I never saw it. Is it the most expensive room in the fortress?

Nope, I made the most expensive (cluster of) rooms next door of your mansion. Just because.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 02, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

Well that's quite alright, because I'm neither in my rooms nor can I figure out where they are...

Additionally, did anybody else realize that the symbol of our local government is "an unstoppable Stuzang?" Or that I failed to change the symbol of that tile to the appropriate one for Stuzang as a forgotten beast?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:03:41 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 02, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

It's alright Spacecat. At least you managed to give us a nice look at the fort. Let's call it an intermission, shall we?

Additionally, did anybody else realize that the symbol of our local government is "an unstoppable Stuzang?" Or that I failed to change the symbol of that tile to the appropriate one for Stuzang as a forgotten beast?
Of course! This government worships Stuzang! I knew it all along!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 136