Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 556028 times)

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1575 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:05 pm »

Fuck, completely forgot about this.
I'll jam out the rest of the update ASAP
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:02 am »

6th Felsite

Eeuuugh, my head.

Where was I?

Oh, right the battle.

So Volfgarix was killed by his own stupidity (He had bolts for Armoks sake!) , and Tryrar by a few undead muskoxen and it looks like they're just first in line.
And Sethrist was next up!

Oh and Rhyme bit the dust at some point

Ledi however is made of less breakable stuff. The others were squishy, like the squishy toys.

Vegdrasil however, being a baby was not as resilient, I don't think babies are suited to live fire undead muskox exercises.

The true hero of the day is Dark_T_Zeratul, who rescued Ledi.

11th Felsite

Nobody's seen Spishaban in a while, nor echostatic nor Ashsaber.
I'm clearly not up for this kind of leadership and think I will retire as soon as the outer bunker is done.

14th Felsite

A ghost decided that a throne was not to his liking, and elves showed up.

Since I don't think we need anything from them, I'm going to pretend like they don't exist, provided they make it in.

25th Felsite.

There's a MASSIVE sparrow on the main staircase. It's spewing some crap that is most likely toxic. I have no clue how it got there, I haven't ordered any digging.

KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT.

Why is this thing easier to kill and less harmtastic than those damn muskoxes?

3rd Hematite

The sparrow-thingy died and we're making the front bridge out of electrum. It's gonna be pretty nice looking, until it becomes the foundation for a tower of corpses.

At any rate, I think my reign has come to an end. I'm just glad that the giant beast didn't kill half the fortress.

Aaaand that raps up my rather stupid turn. I'm sorry for forgetting about DF but rather unpleasant things have been happening and it kinda slipped my mind. I just wanted to finish my turn and at least get a bit of a start on the outer bastion.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7623

And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »

Alright guys and gals, I'm downloading the save now. Thanks for the early birthday present of potential dwarven hi-jinks.

Also, I think I'll stop with that stupid journal story thing. I've gotten bored of it, and honestly it was just me trying to shove a story into this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:54:59 pm by Dinjoralo »

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 02, 2013, 04:15:32 pm »

So today, GreaseMunky came up to me, and we had a little chat.
“Hey, Dinjoralo.”
“You don't know anything!”
“I need to tell you something.”
“Where's my pet cricket?”
“I am making you The Overseer of HorrorFailed.”
“Get out of my house.”
“We're in the front entrance.”
“Piss off, I'm making a wall.”
“Alright, have fun.”
So now I'm the guy who watches all the dwarves here to make sure they don't kill each other. Hooray.
My first order, carve out a pillar in the rock underneath the fort, beside the resting areas. No reason that you need to be concerned with, don't worry. I'll even tell you to make stairs so you can get back safely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's some random cloud of miasma in the front entrance area, around a statue of DevilEd. I can't see anything that could be causing it, but there's a dog next to the statue, chilling out.

Spishaban has been found dead outside the fortress. In more annoying news, I don't think I can make the pillar go as deep as I need it to, without there being gaps in it. I'll need to rethink this.
I just noticed Zeratul outside, where Spish was, getting chased by undead ravens. She's actually not wounded, though she is miserable, and apparently attending a meeting. She also just had a tantrum, killed every one of the ravens, then immediately calmed down. Note: she was looking for her son, Karalin, who has been missing for a week. This will end well.
Apparently, there were merchants here, and they just left. I just noticed where the Depot is, and I might move it a bit later. Eh, right now I'm finishing the outdoors area Munky was working on.

Those raven corpses seem like they could be trouble. There's a nobody blacksmith surrounded by them, getting torn apart.
The main thing is that they can actually attack some dwarves, because there's a little project going on outside to make a little outside garden or whatever and walls need to be made.

Some migrants came. They came on the side with the fetid muck and such, so they immediately became nauseous and started meandering around in the Swamp of Shit and dying. There are actually a few traders in there, too.
There's actually some useful looking stuff in there, too. If only we could get to it...Hmm...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:47:29 pm by Dinjoralo »

Temporarily9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 02, 2013, 05:02:17 pm »

Posting to refollow. For some reason it unfollowed me. No matter.

Progress has been made, I see. That sparrow kill anyone important?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:28 pm »

Okay, I have an idea for something, but I want to make sure it's okay with everyone before I go do it;

What do you think would happen if I caused a cave in directly under the Swamp of Shit, and should I do that?
Also, why is there a eight tile small meeting area outside the fort?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:11:11 pm by Dinjoralo »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 02, 2013, 06:39:51 pm »

What do you think would happen if I caused a cave in directly under the Swamp of Shit, and should I do that?
Then the evil tundra would be a few tiles lower than it normally is/inside of the fortress. I'm not sure why you'd want that to happen, but it gets my vote of approval :)
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 02, 2013, 06:45:31 pm »

Then the evil tundra would be a few tiles lower than it normally is/inside of the fortress. I'm not sure why you'd want that to happen, but it gets my vote of approval :)
Well, originally I thought of it so I could get at the useful stuff that people dropped in The Shit, but now I realized this probably wouldn't help with that. But hey, lowering it down would mean we could make a safe way for migrants to come in from the left.
Oh, and here's a few bits from a short session before I go to bed;
  • El Presidente died when fighting two undead migrants
  • Balanash had a tantrum, probably from all the miasma caused by the rotting animals. I can't tell if he killed anyone besides some animals. He's alright now, though.
  • These undead migrants are pissing me off. They aren't attacking, I think, they're just hanging out in The Shit outside the entrance, so nobody's working on the bridge or walls Munky started.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:43:39 pm by Dinjoralo »

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 02, 2013, 08:11:34 pm »

I heartily approve of this plan and stand behind you in its execution.  Preferably far behind you.

I have kinda lost track of myself, so If I am still dead, please re-dorf me:
Silverlock - Chief Inspector - preferably a soldiery type, but anything is fine, really.

"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:49 pm »

My first order, carve out a pillar in the rock underneath the fort, beside the resting areas. No reason that you need to be concerned with, don't worry. I'll even tell you to make stairs so you can get back safely.

AAaaaaah no what are you doing stop that this fortress is crazy dumb enough already we don't need the HFS to make things worse!

plus I may or may not want to have a fortress when my turn comes around :P

Edit: if you're planning the cave-in... it COULD work, but you have to do a few things to do it "safely". First, set up several layers of airlock, constructed walls, etc, to cut off the work site from the main fort. Employ dwarven bathtubs to keep infection from spreading. Then, once you cave-in the affected area, not only will you have to worry about the undead getting inside due to the hole (even if they can't get in, job cancelation and fright is a thing), but the muck won't actually disappear. You have to flood it off the map with water, or atom-smash it--and even then, I'm not convinced that works properly. You'll also need to build a roof to keep the stuff from accumulating again, otherwise you'll be back to square one.

So in other words, good luck.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:14:07 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:31 am »

AAaaaaah no what are you doing stop that this fortress is crazy dumb enough already we don't need the HFS to make things worse!

plus I may or may not want to have a fortress when my turn comes around :P
Spoiler: Long post (click to show/hide)

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 03, 2013, 09:11:53 am »

Is my nobody hammerdwarf still alive? He's named Doof.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:35 pm »

I need to ask, what could be done to keep the cave-in from happening until everyone's out of harms way? I was thinking of just turning off cave-ins in d_init until I'm done, which I think would be good because then I could put the save up right before The Shit goes down for everyone to see, but I can see people calling that cheating.
Also, Doof is alive, mining out the project.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 03, 2013, 03:12:20 pm »

You can just use a support to hold up the ceiling. Link it to a lever to drop it when you're ready.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 03, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

You can just use a support to hold up the ceiling. Link it to a lever to drop it when you're ready.
Oh, those are buildings? Thanks for the heads-up, I've not really been able to play far enough to get to do crazy crap like this. I blame Dark Souls.

And with that, we can start the day and

Oh Armok dammit all, I really need that bridge done already. The only reason anything's getting in still is because I can't get rid of the slope next to the bridge without losing a miner. Luckily the hall of traps got him. The dwarves are still refusing to go out there, apparently there's a wolf corpse, and yet another undead migrant. Just let the traps get'm and get back to work.

I don't give a shit bout your cats, no matter how long they've been missing. Stop complaining to me about it and go look for them if you care so much. I think I saw them walking into the Shit. No, seriously.
A nobody farmer just became possesed. He's claimed a craftsdwarfs shop, and has started making something.

Someone just informed me that a cloud of nefarious mist has blown in.

I am afraid for my life. At a closer look, I think it's just blowing in the direction of The Shit, so we might be okay.
Also, the bridge is finally done! It only took way longer than it should have. Might as well check on the dig site.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:21:58 pm by Dinjoralo »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 136