Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 547485 times)

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1650 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20:31 am »

20th Felsite, 515

So, a miner with the aspect of one fey, and he's taken up masonry in his spare time? Alright then, crack on! We might actually get something useful out of these daliances for once.

28th Felsite, 515

Quote from: Kiraust Ritholtustem
This is a native copper weapon rack. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of briolette cut golden beryls and rectangular red pyrope cabochons. This object is adorned with hanging rings of native copper and ash and menaces with spikes of bugbat bone, purple spinel, milk quarts and zinc.

I guess that's... kind of useful?

10th Hematite, 515

Disturbing news. Members of the fortress' population are mysteriously going missing at a frankly alarming rate - three in the last seven days.

9th Malachite, 515

More migrants. Still haven't gotten any closer to discovering a way to open the gates and let the poor bastards in. I honestly don't know why they keep coming here.

I did discover a lever sitting just outside the main dining hall which seems to be connected to a set of flood barriers in the workshop area. Opening it for a few minutes threatened to flood the entire level - I don't know why this thing even exists. Given that the workshop level sits above the living quarters where the lever is located, I cannot fathom its purpose. I'm tempted to dissassemble the lever and wall over the flood barriers but I can't shake the feeling they may be a very specific reason this thing exists. Perhaps it's a suicide switch.

Given the way this fortress is going, perhaps I'll need it.

23rd Malachite, 515

Operation Pull ALL The Levers has met with a resounding success! We have discovered the lever that operates the inner gate - now we merely need to locate the lever that operates the outer drawbridge and we may, in fact, break our long isolation from the rest of the world!

27th Malachite, 515

Victory for Operation Pull ALL The Levers! We have successfully located the lever that controls the outer drawbridge - it's located inside the courtyard that separates the drawbridge from the inner gate. This is clearly a deeply unsatisfactory place to put such a lever, and so I will be relocating it as soon as circumstances permit.

I've begun an operation to retrieve as many dwarf corpses as we can locate and inter them in our catacombs. This may ease the strain that Operation GHOSTFAIL is putting upon our engravers.

12th Galenta, 515

OH GOD THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 15, 2013, 08:26:45 am »

Oh, I don't think you received a proper greeting yet.

Spoiler: Proper greetings (click to show/hide)

The dorflist claims I've been redorfed, but I don't think that is the case. Anyone~?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 15, 2013, 08:50:41 am »

List of currently dorfed persons:

SpaceKGreen
NCommander
Microblight
Neotemplar
Kaamen
NightmareBros
Doof
Greasemunky
Tasrak
Sabretache
Bates
Newbunkle
SignHere
ShadowDragon
armageddonCounselor
Dorfitron
Andreus
Vix
Aerie
Balnash
Koter
Dark_T_Zeratul
Ledi
Inspiredsimji
ARt
Helgoland
GoomaGeek
Qerty
Dinjoralo
Catalyst
Mr Syde
Jorlin
Silverlock

Can add you now, LordSlowpoke. Any preferences?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 15, 2013, 09:03:58 am »

Hammer squad with a touch of administrative duties, if it wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, do as you wish.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 15, 2013, 10:21:47 am »

Could you check through the list of undead and see how I'm fairing? And where I may be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33:17 am »

Andreus, could you change SpaceKGreen's name to simply Space? We can't have proper confusion about which Space is which if they do not have the same name.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 15, 2013, 10:42:05 am »

Andreus, could you change SpaceKGreen's name to simply Space? We can't have proper confusion about which Space is which if they do not have the same name.
Done.

Could you check through the list of undead and see how I'm fairing? And where I may be.
"Count Eric" appears on the undead list, but the game is unable to locate him. Talking of undead...

21st Limestone, 515

There was a goblin war party out there.

Was.

They've all been claimed by the evil of this land - the fetid rain closed their throats and choked them to death, and then their corpses rose again, souls claimed by the wasteland the residents of the fortress have taken to calling "The Shit." I can take small comfort in the fact that the goblins are dead, but that doesn't make them any less dangerous - in fact, all things considered, it puts Horrorfailed in a worse position than before - the dead don't feel fear. They don't feel pain. They don't retreat in the face of overwhelming odds. And the dead don't turn on each other - the ambulatory muskox corpses were originally giving the siege some trouble, but now they're all part of the same horde.

Ah well. At least I know where the levers to seal us off from the cursed earth are now.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1657 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:01 pm »

God damn it, I died?
Not that it's surprising, but I don't think it was ever even mentioned. Not even a passing-by throw along the lines of "and that one fucker no one cared about died".

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 15, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

"Count Eric" appears on the undead list, but the game is unable to locate him.
You can find him by selecting him in the Unit List and pressing C as in Count. He should be inside of a {dwarf cage}.

Helgoland is also undead, no redorfing him until that changes. :P
And stop puttin' Arcangelsd on the dorflist, he's perfectly happy as a zombie.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:45:43 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »

The lever right next to the bridge in the outside "garden" is how you let them in. I closed it because the dwarves would get themselves killed by trying to grab stuff outside.
Oh wait, you found it.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 15, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »

Fucking. Horrorfailed. :D
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

And stop puttin' Arcangelsd on the dorflist, he's perfectly happy as a zombie.

And damn right I am!

I mean, objectively, I'm the safest and most comfortable individual in the Fortress!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

RhymeNorReason

• Bay Watcher
  • The voice of unreason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 15, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »

How's my dwarf? And what are you  talking about, "terrible idea"? I see nothing wrong. Or. at least, unusual.

sensei_shade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 15, 2013, 08:27:20 pm »

I'd like a re-dwarfing, if at all possible.

...and a turn, I've decided.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: May 15, 2013, 09:32:38 pm »

No one leaves the great dwarfing list. It shall forever stand as a list of the souls claimed by this fortress.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 136