Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)  (Read 7904 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot Rebooted (Day 1/Fear of whats next)
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2016, 04:07:42 pm »

"I don't see any bodies....Whatever was here musta been organized enough to dispose of 'em before they became a problem. I really don't want to have a run in with someone packing machine guns and explosives, especially if they know how to use them. If they blew up the defenders before they knew what was coming, they where probably aggressive too. If the defenders set up here they must have a shelter nearby, they ain't exactly going to drive out here, but its probably been picked clean. Anyway, we saw plenty of Rotters on the bridge, and this fight doesn't look like a recent one. Probably means we are at least a few days behind them, unless they had just gone around the things we burned up loaded down with heavy weapons."

Luke sits down on something that looks relatively comfortable and puts his hand under his chin.

"Someone took out the bridge, which is a pretty clear 'don't come this way' if ya ask me. Whoever it was at least had enough explosives to waste on a bridge, going that way might mean clashing with whoever did it. We ain't in a hurry, no reason to take a direct route. Route 18 is probably the best way to go. We could find where ever the defender's shelter was and squat down there for long enough to get everyone back to a hundred-percent, maybe waiting a day or two for the assaulter to hopefully go further away from us. Then we can make the trip at night, when we can hopefully get close enough to whatever humans want us dead to hit em back."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2016, 01:15:08 pm »

"I'm of the oppinion that going direct is a good way to get our heads removed. And going through a settlement that could be filled with rotters sounds like a poor idea aswell."

"Hey, did anyone check the rotters for useful stuff?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »

Shakes the radio gently at Everett.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2016, 02:20:50 pm »

"I'm of the oppinion that going direct is a good way to get our heads removed. And going through a settlement that could be filled with rotters sounds like a poor idea aswell."

"Hey, did anyone check the rotters for useful stuff?"

"They where wearing rags, if anything. They weren't hidin' anything from us. Everything they had was in their hands, and that wasn't much."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:54 pm »

"Talkin' 'bout the radiophone, which I now see that Chuck nabbed."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2016, 02:30:38 pm »

Max looks towards the beach front property.
"Hey look, rich people shit!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »

"Talkin' 'bout the radiophone, which I now see that Chuck nabbed."

"Coulda said so then. He really doesn't need two radios, anyone else wanna take it?"

((We could always just give it to the NPC if no players want it :P))

"Anyway, if they have a settlement here, or just a house, it ain't gonna be crawling with Rotters. If they lived here recently, it will still be emptied. If not, there ain't a reason for it to be more filled than any other place. I don't see any around here and this place was a battlefield once, meaning they had ta have cleaned up all the stuff that attracts Rotters. If they did that here, they woulda done that there too. Besides, we just took out eleven of 'em without any trouble. There would havta be an army of 'em to be a real threat to us."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:24 pm »

"I think we were fine because we were in a relatively open space. The same number might be much harder to deal with indoors or in some other closed space."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2016, 04:42:18 pm »

"I think we were fine because we were in a relatively open space. The same number might be much harder to deal with indoors or in some other closed space."

"Their main advantage is numbers, in closed spaces they have trouble taking advantage of that. Just standing in a door way means they can only come at ya one at a time, so long as you don't have any behind you."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2016, 04:45:45 pm »

"Their main advantage is numbers, in closed spaces they have trouble taking advantage of that. Just standing in a door way means they can only come at ya one at a time, so long as you don't have any behind you."

"Only problem is they'll keep coming, and won't stop until they're through the door or in bits on the floor.

Anyway, since when have you known Rotters to take turns? They'll rush the door and all try to get through at once. I'd bet a weeks worth of food the Rotters win in that scenario."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2016, 04:53:03 pm »

"Only problem is they'll keep coming, and won't stop until they're through the door or in bits on the floor.

Anyway, since when have you known Rotters to take turns? They'll rush the door and all try to get through at once. I'd bet a weeks worth of food the Rotters win in that scenario."

"You don't close the door. The door is a congestion point. You can't fit a mob through it. Only one or two can squeeze through at once, so you set up there and shoot them as they come in the door way. Fifty rotters tryin' to get through a door at once means that only one or two gets through at once. Then you only have to deal with those two, and two Rotters is nothing. Then two more come, wash rinse and repeat. They don't gotta choice but to 'take turns'. If you position everyone right, you can get a bunch of guys against one or two rotters. Its kinda like this battlefield here. Small spaces mean ya can't use number advantage, the way its always been. An' we ain't got much of a range advantage against them at the moment. We'd end up doing better in CQB then out in the field."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:04:31 pm by Stirk »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 11:08:32 am »

((OOC: And this folks, is why Democracy doesn't work!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]