Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Dawn RTD (Turn 2: Oh shi-)  (Read 4553 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Full; waiting on sheets)
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »

Name: Lizzie Shinkicker
Physical Description: looks like a girl of about 18. Has pale skin and blue eyes. Has brown hair and wears a red dress.
Mental Description: Lizzie is obsessed with gaing more power. She is also pretty fething smart. She enjoys killing shit.
Bio: This http://lparchive.org/Princess-Maker-2/

Read this last night rembered the charcter from an old x-com LP.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 08:21:57 pm »

YAY CHARACTER SHEET FOR THE WAITLIST!

Name: Allan Nainth
Physical Description: A lanky, blond-ish young man. Wears dark clothes, and has nothing special about his appearance other than that.
Mental Description: Likes to keep to himself, sticking in the shadows, avoiding interaction as much as possible. He enjoys just watching everyone else. It's creepy.
Skill/Trait: Semi-Psychic: Level 0.
After all of his People Watching, he's come to a conclusion. the Human Race is predictable. Often he'll know exactly what someone will do to the second. It comes in handy when in a troubling situation, which is, well, most of the time. He believes it's strictly intuitional, but he still enjoys knowing exactly what'll happen in the next 30 seconds or so.
Bio: He was born an only child, and wasn't a very social kid. he spent most of his time alone, just...thinking. He doesn't remember most of his life, because he believes the past doesn't matter, and tries to forget it as often as possible. He believes humanity is doomed for failure, and resents most of his village, but he's depressed that he's stuck as part of it. He's considered suicide, but gave up on it. Nobody would really care. He hates life in general nowadays, but still finds other races fascinating, often wanting to learn about them from anyone he can find.

Is this good?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

Your interpretation of my sneaking is fine.  Perfectly fine. 

On another note, I want a drawing too!  :P 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Full; waiting on lazy GMs)
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:39 am »

Sorry about the delay; getting everything together is more effort than I realized. :x

with the cellular regeneration i was hoping for an actual regeneration perk or at least damage reduction, im sure you can guess why.
also i kinda like the first concept art even if you forgot his tattoo.
Right then, healing HP per turn equal to the skill's value should work for that, then.

As for the image, yay! Though the odds of me being able to draw an identifiable chimera at that scale are pretty much nil. I'll give it a try anyway.

Name: Lizzie Shinkicker
Hrm. Not fond of copy+pasted characters from elsewhere.

Is this good?
Looks alright, though I'm not sure what Semi-Psychic would do mechanically. Less of an issue because you won't be getting in for a while, of course.

Your interpretation of my sneaking is fine.  Perfectly fine. 

On another note, I want a drawing too!  :P 
Excellent, and you'll get one! Though drawing an identifiable human will be a bit tricky, so don't expect too much. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:20 am »

I assume that, when used, you might send me the actions the enemy will take for the turn, and allow me to plan accordingly. Higher levels would allow for more turns worth.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 01:39:38 am »

with the cellular regeneration i was hoping for an actual regeneration perk or at least damage reduction, im sure you can guess why.
also i kinda like the first concept art even if you forgot his tattoo.
Right then, healing HP per turn equal to the skill's value should work for that, then.

As for the image, yay! Though the odds of me being able to draw an identifiable chimera at that scale are pretty much nil. I'll give it a try anyway.

Healing per turn equal to its level will be better than perfect, thank you :D

Edit:VICTORY IS MINE!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:01:58 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 01:54:06 am »

Here's my interpretation of what my character should generally look like, feel free to use it, only adding hands, hair, clothing and other stuff I'm not really good at.  Also I skipped out on all the scales but I did do a little bit of underbelly so yeahhhhhhh, just assume it's coherent and makes sense?  ((I think I did pretty good, but we'll see. I suppose.)) 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 09:25:07 pm »

Turn 0: Uh Oh

The world was burning. Some sort of magical catastrophe, no doubt, engulfing everything with pale arcane fire. As a last resort, you and five others crowded aboard an experimental airship, one carrying a magical reactor, and attempted to shift planes in order to escape. Everything bled out into color, you got the sensation of falling and even hitting the ground, and then...

...well, you just sort of woke up.

You're fine, as far as you can tell, and those people you fled with are lying around you, also just waking up from the looks of it. There's no sign of the airship, nor of anything you had on you, not even clothing.

Your surroundings don't seem especially familiar- it's a green, open field, studded with various small plants and carpeted with wild grass. You see no signs of habitation anywhere, and aside from the occasional tree can't make out any other terrain features. Looks like you're on your own for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It occurred to me that the pictures were holding things up, so we'll be skipping them for the moment.

Bear in mind that you need a unit of food and a unit of drink per turn to live. You won't starve immediately, but early on meeting that's gonna be kind of tough.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Turn 0: Uh Oh)
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:50 pm »

"Errrggghh....my head.  And my stomach...

Get up, run off, find food.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »

Roland stands up, running his head as he gets to his feet. He looks around at his fellow stranded people. They all seemed average enough. Except the Wolfman and the Naga. Quickly getting to his senses, he decides to introduce himself.
"Oh... This is certainly new. Hey, my name's Roland."
Investigate the plants. Look for food.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »

Nedenir growls a bit as he wakes up. Naked. Not even his peasant clothes were spared, it seems. Almost immediately, he uses his own hair as an emergency measure for privates concealing and starts to move around in search of food, nodding towards Roland on his way.

Search for food and water.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »

"I'm Ssraah."  the Naga announces somewhat confused by the whole situation.  "I don't remember... well, much of anything." she explains before slithering off to investigate the trees and any fruits they might have, as well as some of the other local flora.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 12:10:35 am »

Cautiously observe the others from a distance,
break a large branch off of a tree to use as a club for hunting, keep an eye out for streams or ponds.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:21:29 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »

Turn 1: Feast and Famine

"Errrggghh....my head.  And my stomach...

Get up, run off, find food.
[3] You find a spiny sort of plant that looks kind of edible.

You eat it. Bleeeegh, but you suppose it's better than starving to death.

+1 Herbalist
Thirsty

Roland stands up, running his head as he gets to his feet. He looks around at his fellow stranded people. They all seemed average enough. Except the Wolfman and the Naga. Quickly getting to his senses, he decides to introduce himself.
"Oh... This is certainly new. Hey, my name's Roland."
Investigate the plants. Look for food.
[5] You discover a strange little plant with a delicious-looking fruit on top.

Further inspection reveals that it's not only delicious, but juicy as well.

+2 Herbalist

Nedenir growls a bit as he wakes up. Naked. Not even his peasant clothes were spared, it seems. Almost immediately, he uses his own hair as an emergency measure for privates concealing and starts to move around in search of food, nodding towards Roland on his way.

Search for food and water.
[2] Your search for food yields nothing you'd eat, and you accordingly never get around to searching for water.

Hungry
Thirsty

"I'm Ssraah."  the Naga announces somewhat confused by the whole situation.  "I don't remember... well, much of anything." she explains before slithering off to investigate the trees and any fruits they might have, as well as some of the other local flora.
[2] The trees appear to lack any kind of edibles.

Hungry
Thirsty

Cautiously observe the others from a distance,
break a large branch off of a tree to use as a club for hunting, keep an eye out for streams or ponds.
[3] You manage to pry a relatively sturdy stick off a nearby tree. Better than nothing?

Stick acquired.
+1 Woodcutter
Hungry
Thirsty

Quote from: Auto-mcclay
Acquire food.
[1] You find yourself wading through painful thorns, only to find there wasn't anything to eat this way anyway. Damn it.

-1 HP
Hungry
Thirsty

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Less than 24 hours is probably too little to start autoing people, but it's not like there's a ton to do anyway.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn RTD (Turn 1: Feast and Famine)
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:48 pm »

Roland smiles at everyone around him, then speaks.
"Alright then guys. Let's all get comfortable and then we need to plan."
Roland continues foraging for food. Once he finds some, he piles it somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5