Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 37855 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2012, 01:01:43 pm »

Apiks' Diary - 5th of Limestone

Ah most excellent. The workshop area has almost been cleared out of all the rocks there. This will help us greatly. Efficency at it's best.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4 hours later...

Blasted! Another child snatcher. And to top it off, he injured one of our soldiers right in the leg. I have mobilized all military to get him. Although that wont be needed after the dogs rip him apart.

Apiks' Diary  - 13th of Limestone

I have created a Hospital zone for those that are weary. It shall soon be furnished. It is close to the barracks for the same purpose of treating everyone working there

Apiks' Diary
- 17th of Limestone

Today one of our tanners died. It is a griesome one. He died of thirst. Why he did not drink is unknown. We have plenty of booze for everybody. I wonder if he suffered from the rare condition of not being able to stand to booze in which case i'd question how he'd live uptill now. Anyway, since he is the first official one to perish in this Fortress he will receive a tomb next to mine. He better be honored. I have also made sideway pathways that lead to my tomb in case somebody wishes to make a tomb himself near me in future.

Apiks' Diary - 22th of Limestone

Today more migrants have arrived bringing the fort's population to a 77

Apiks' Diary - 6th of Sandstone

The remodeled workshop area V1 is complete! I expect my successor to increase this area tremendously. Also to my sadness, I fear that the waterfall will not be completed in my time. My successors must complete it!

Apiks' Diary - 28th of Sandstone

Oh great. Another one just went loony. Well, I better get up to it and get his damn items.

Apiks' Diary- 11th of Timber

Remember that loony man? Yeah. He finished his mysterious construction and came up with THIS? The things I do for such stupid things...

Apiks' Diary
- 12th of Timber

Yes! A dwarven caravan no less has arrived today. This is most excellent. Maybe that earing does bring good luck.

Apiks' Diary - 23rd of Timber

What has gotten into the captain of the guards? Has he gone mad?

Apiks Diary - 3rd of Moonstone

I just traded with those traders from the caravan. I have ensured the future of the fort. Plenty of weapons,plump helmets (you can never be too sure), meat,cheese,armor,bars,a minecrat,yarn,1 bin of leather, and many other things. This will help us greatly I believe. Especially the military.

Apiks' Diary - 5th of Moonstone

The hospital is ready and equpped in case of an emergency. Except those occasional rocks laying around obviously.

Tomorrow will be my last update and I'll hand out the save to the next guy, Sus I presume.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:36 pm »

first death. I'm surprised it took that long.

also, who is the criminal

also, yay i am the best engraver and you will all bow to my superior engraving might!! (in three years or so)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:40:09 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:15 am »

Awesome update! :) Keep it up. lol     

I think the strange death was the result of a miserable dwarf. Did any of the dwarves become "miserable" at any point? They stop eating/drinking when they do, and tend to wander about the fortress semi-randomly until they die.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:16 am »

Oh no. The death was due to him being in a strange mood and me not supplying him with the things he wanted.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:26 am »

Stark raving mad, then... Either way, if strange moods fail, they have a 1 in 3 chance of going berserk and trying to kill everybody... and a 2 in 3 chance of going crazy and not eating anymore.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 05, 2012, 11:58:17 am »

melkor's log 26th fellsite
NOW I KNOW WHY NOBODY LIKES ELVES BECAUSE THERE A BUNCH OF GOBLIN SEX LOVING, INBREED, HIPPIE BASTERDS.
i will get them for this.

melkor's log 10th hematite
yess thats the way to do it, this will show those elves, i will order this construction to be build first thing at dawn.

melkor's log 11th hematite
this is unacceptable i am the mayor of this place how dare they disobeying my order.

melkor's log 22nd hematite
oooh il will get these dwarfs for this, especially that cook. i will have him intergrated in my plan.
but as for now i have no power i must get back in line for a turn in the overseer list.
i shal write a formal letter to the next overseer.

melkor's log 16th malichite
no way he did that.
i know i might have gone a bit far on my chamber's but this overseer thought he needed a palace to sleep in.
now that would't be so bad but its a penis shaped palace!
this can't be allowed, the next overseer must alter this.

melkor's log 15th galena
nooo the dogs, how could he kill the dog,
damm this cyclops he killed so many cute dogs. we must begin a reproduce program for the dogs.
and the bones of the cyclops must be made into a totem to be placed outside our gate to scare our enemy's away.

melkor's log 23th timber
i got into a fight with my wife today.
she found my design for the elves, she didn't like what i have become.
but dammit these elves need to be punished. i know we both didn't want any violence and wanted peace with all races but what they did to me was unaceptebale.
the problem is however she is a trained soldier and the sherif AND the hammerer.
long story short, i am lucky that she could hold her temper, only just.

Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 05, 2012, 03:16:46 pm »

Apiks' Diary - 13th of Moonstone

Today I've discssed our situation with the outpost liason. I have told him to bring the most needed supplies next times which includes, food,booze,plump helmets,armor and weapons mainly. This fort WILL survive.

Apiks' Diary - 18th of Moonstone

Ah! The MagmaFire forge is complete! It might need a few touches here and there but it is ready for work. Most excellent.

Apiks' Diary
- 21st of Moonstone

I have assigned dogs in my chambers for protection against thiefs and those that wish to wreck my chambers. Nobody is allowed in or out without my permission. Same goes for modifications as long as I breathe!

Apiks' Diary - 23rd of Moonstone

I have decided. I shall expand my chambers for they are too small. I will make it a lasting thing after my reign to be remembered! Maybe I'll make a Will for charity too. They will be modified as I have specified by these designations. I will have to add in a safety switch in case robbers come in. I have concentrated all my forces into making my chambers.

Apiks' Diary - 3rd of Opal

I have ordered 2 bridges linked to levers in my chambers to be built in my chambers. This will be the first line of defence, the second being the dogs. The bridge at the bottom will be closed off. It will be open only in case need to run. I will have to hire guards as well. But I have plenty of experience, so I hope it would not come to that. I have pointed myself as Captain of The Guards instead of that silly wife of the ex-mayor - Melkor.

Apiks' Diary - 21st of Opal

I have created the squad which I dubbed "Apiks' Guards" led by personally me. I cannot trust no captain to train these lazybags except myself. This will ensure undying loyalty on their side. Soon I shall finish their quarters which will be near mine for protection.

Apiks' Diary - 28th of Opal

That duck, Melkor's wife just had a girl. I'm so happy for them... NOT. More mouths to feed. Let them be happy. Might be good for reputation. Meanwhile, my chambers are starting to take form.

Apiks' Diary
- 11th of Obsidian

How dare he! How dare he withdraw from society. He will regret it. I will make sure of it. All will know to fear the name of Apiks in the name of efficency! And to top it off, he claims a crafty workshop. Ugh. Don't tell him he has a motivation of sorts? God be our guide our help if so.

Apiks' Diary - 15th of Obsidian

Blasted! An ambush of them damn cousins of the Gobelves. Defcon 1 initialization! I have chambers to finish to be busy with these pitiful creatures.

Apiks' Diary - 21st of Obsidian

Remember that guy that withdrew from society? Yeah. He created a schist amulet that bloody guy did. It would seem that he really likes his kings.

Apiks' Diary - 28th of Obsidian

Today I have decided to relinquish my overseer status and all the duties and benefits with it. I did this after a great amount of time of consideration whether to change the law. I cannot fathom how this fortress can survive without my efficent management skills but it is something that must be done. As such I have compiled a list of things for the next overseer. This will be my last act as overseer. Well then. That's all. It was pleasing making these brutes actually be efficent. I will live the rest of my days in my chambers now. It was fun 'till it lasted.

List:

So that's for me. Here's the stats of the Fortress after my turn.

Stats:

Stockpile area:

My chambers:

Savegame:

Fun fact: 56 pictures were used in the making of my year turn.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 05, 2012, 04:22:48 pm »

Other fun fact HALF THE GODDAMN MAP WAS USED IN MAKING YOUR CHAMBERS
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »

Other fun fact HALF THE GODDAMN MAP WAS USED IN MAKING YOUR CHAMBERS

And by that you mean 1 floor.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2012, 04:37:14 pm »

yeah, but HALF THAT FLOOR is made entirely of your personal space :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 05, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

I've always wanted my own floor. Now I have accomplished that. Can't wait for your Captain Mountainhomes intervention BFEL.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52:09 pm »

apiks you were a good overseer, but you are a greedy greedy dwarf.

don't be surprised if we put your rooms to good use as stockpile space or something, and give you a small wooden hut in the caverns.

and finally, WE HAVE A FORGE!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE METAL OBJECTS!!!!

just looked at the save. how do i change it to normal ascii?
the caverns are completely open. next person might want to secure it.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:27:04 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2012, 01:25:43 am »

if you download lazy noob pack you can easely change that
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2012, 05:36:59 am »

Yeah. I really was a greedy dwarf xD. And yes, the LazyNewb Pack has the option to changing to ASCII and other texture packs with the press of a button. Alternatively you can do it manually.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »

apiks you were a good overseer, but you are a greedy greedy dwarf.

don't be surprised if we put your rooms to good use as stockpile space or something, and give you a small wooden hut in the caverns.

and finally, WE HAVE A FORGE!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE METAL OBJECTS!!!!

just looked at the save. how do i change it to normal ascii?
the caverns are completely open. next person might want to secure it.
Replace the raws with normal DF raws ({Raws --> Objects --> .txt's everywhere!} copy-paste everything from here over the raws in the {data --> save --> (save folder) --> Raws --> objects} folder). After that, delete everything in {data --> save --> (save folder) --> Raws --> Graphics}. That should do it.

And yeah, the Lazy Newb Pack will do it for you. :P Provided the game isn't modded.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30