Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Items stolen from trade depot  (Read 1313 times)

d0mbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Items stolen from trade depot
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:34 pm »

So, back to DF after a while.

My first caravan arrived and i get announcements that items (in the Trade depot, from the Caravan) are stolen.

Does this mean a Kobold thieve is inside? I got two guarddogs at the entrance so a Thieve HAS to pass them and be discovered.

This leaves me the question: are my own dwarves stealing and if so, how do i prevent that from happening (or even better) find out who did it and get the dwarf judical system running :)

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Items stolen from trade depot
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:25:50 pm »

Wildlife can steal items from your wagon!  Lemurs, monkeys, etc
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:33:45 pm »

Those damned keas!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:53:03 pm »

Did you get a message saying that "A Thief Has Stolen an X!" or "A Kea Has Stolen An X!"? The former probably means kobold, the latter means kea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

d0mbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:18 pm »

Well it was a kobold after all. Happened to run into the one and only armed dwarf outside the fortress on his way home (minerdwarf armed with a pick). It was over fast for the kobold.

Still begs the question: how did he pass my gard dogs at the entrance? Arent thieves always discovered when they are in the tile next to a dog?

Cheers,

d0mbo.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

Well it was a kobold after all. Happened to run into the one and only armed dwarf outside the fortress on his way home (minerdwarf armed with a pick). It was over fast for the kobold.

Still begs the question: how did he pass my gard dogs at the entrance? Arent thieves always discovered when they are in the tile next to a dog?

Cheers,

d0mbo.

1. It does not beg the question - it raises the question.
2. Not necessarily - if a unit is really good at sneaking (e.g. a Master Thief), it can evade just about anything without being detected.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.