Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me how to mod LCS?  (Read 696 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Can anyone tell me how to mod LCS?
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:51:14 pm »

What I want to do is add new weapons, armor, activities, crimes and new types of people, and a new way of recruiting, but I don't know anything about coding, or modding itself.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me how to mod LCS?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »

Oh! I also got the the idea for extra Usable Spaces in places in the outskirt places. Like the Nuclear Power Plant can have a square for a Nuclear Reactor, and using it sobotages it, and it has a chance of either failing, not failing, or causing nuclear waste to spell over a member of the squad, causing some sort of negative effect. And in the Intelegence HQ, there could be a square for some sort of high ranking member that you can bribe to be a sleeper, and if you fail, it raises the alarm. In the prison, there could be a contraband lock-up square, filled with stuff like Shanks and pistols, and if regulation laws are C+, some files for the Liberal Guardian. I don't know about the other places yet, but Im thinking.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »

Oh! I also got the the idea for extra Usable Spaces in places in the outskirt places. Like the Nuclear Power Plant can have a square for a Nuclear Reactor, and using it sobotages it, and it has a chance of either failing, not failing, or causing nuclear waste to spell over a member of the squad, causing some sort of negative effect. And in the Intelegence HQ, there could be a square for some sort of high ranking member that you can bribe to be a sleeper, and if you fail, it raises the alarm. In the prison, there could be a contraband lock-up square, filled with stuff like Shanks and pistols, and if regulation laws are C+, some files for the Liberal Guardian. I don't know about the other places yet, but Im thinking.

There's already a computer in the Nuclear Facility that lets you dump nuclear waste into the environment.

To edit equipment that's already there, it's pretty easy, it's mostly all done through editing the XML files and changing the tags and numbers around. As for adding items, that's a bit trickier, as you need to assign what creatures can have the items, or what new guns take what ammo. For more intricate modding, like adding features, you'll need to learn yourself some C++ programming.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:09 pm »

Well, no one ever said being a liberal was easy work. And I know about the computer, I meant like having the reactor brake, and just it shut down, like the bid red button, but you don't need science to use it.