Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really bad Gltich  (Read 930 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Really bad Gltich
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

I was playing LCS, and my founder died, and the only person that could lead had 10 life sentences, I didn't feel like waiting all that time for him to die of old age in prison, so I just clicked out, and now it won't even let me open LCS.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad Gltich
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

maybe redownload it ?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

Son of a dodoska.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:18 am »

You have to delete the save file then it'll recreate it on startup

When you say "clicked out", I'm guessing you crashed the application with the windows 'X' button? It's not a Windows app so it cannot physically know that you did that. Win32 apps get sent a signal to close the app from that button, so can know to execute a shut-down procedure cleanly. Using that on a non-windows application is same as crashing the app with ctrl-alt-del and can leave data files corrupted.

but i don't know why you wouldn't keep a copy of all downloaded games separate? Do you delete all zip files after extracting? that's a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:23:46 am by Reelya »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 03:22:40 pm »

Wait, LCS is not a windows app?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:06 pm »

Wait, LCS is not a windows app?

It is, but there's an under-the-hood distinction that makes it act differently from most Windows applications. You can think of it as a descendant of a DOS application, the console-based operating system that most PCs ran prior to Windows, and that Windows itself ran off of until about the turn of the century. In DOS, you generally only had one program running at a time, and the only way to quit it was from inside that program, so there was no need for a program to handle an external message saying the user wants to quit.

Similarly, LCS runs in a console window, and as far as LCS is concerned, that console window is the entire computer and LCS has absolute control over it. If you close the console window without quitting LCS, it's like pressing the power butter on that computer. The game will stop whatever it's doing immediately, rather than trying to gracefully quit out the way most Windows applications will when you press the X button.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:35 pm »

i think a neat fix for now would be to allow independent profiles in the same install of LCS, then when you start the program you'd have to select a profile / save file or create one. This would avoid locking up the game due to a corrupted save as well as the benefits of deleting saves and running different games at once.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »

i think a neat fix for now would be to allow independent profiles in the same install of LCS, then when you start the program you'd have to select a profile / save file or create one. This would avoid locking up the game due to a corrupted save as well as the benefits of deleting saves and running different games at once.

You can. Just take the save.dat or whatever, put it in another folder, and just label them. Then when you want that save again, drag it back and rename it back to save.dat (or whatever it's called)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:46:02 am »

I'm talking about automated selection within the game. i know you can savescum already.

If it was automated we wouldn't have had this thread.