Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: LostPages - Community Fortress  (Read 8704 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LostPages - Community Fortress
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »

I hope this won't just fade away.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ushiromiya

• Bay Watcher
  • Witch hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 06:05:48 pm »

I hope so too. It's been off to a pretty good start.

I'd also like to request dwarfing. Preferably male, and a military dwarf if there's still space left there.
All mysteries can be explained with "Dwarf Tricks"

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

9th of Sandstone

While discussing the better way to defend ourselves, several dwarves stepped up for military service. Brave dwarves, certainly, but perhaps slightly insane. Our stocks of metal aren't nearly enough to armor them all. We'll have to start skinning cats to give them any protection at all. Assuming there are any cats that haven't been claimed yet.

24th of Sandstone

Gar ran past me muttering something. He grabbed a gem and a piece of stone then went right to the mason's workshop. I realized that is how I must have looked not too long ago. I decided to take a break and rest in my unfinished office, and admire the chair that I crafted. If only I could make things of this quality again, but I doubt I will ever refine stone to this degree again. Lets hope that Gar manages to make something of use as well.

28th of Sandstone

Gar made a rather nice looking weapon rack. It had on it an image of the founding of another outpost from the Mint Rack. Perhaps wishing that he had gone there instead, and noone could blame him certainly.

14th of Timber

Well I had no sooner laid down to sleep for a few days when I hear the arrival of the caravan. It figures, I suppose I'll need to give my report to the liaison. I ordered Gar to take a lot of the reworked goods we got from the elves and humans and trade for whatever food, drink he could get and with whats left grab any and all steel and iron bits for melting.

7th of Moonstone

I don't know how long I stood there shocked at the letter from the King. I finally understand the meaning behind sending us couples. The truely disturbing lengths at which the King will go to for immortality. I put a few miners to the task the king outlined, thankfully I still have some time to figure out a way around this.

================================

Don't worry it's not fading off any time soon. Just a few breaks and pauses might come up occasionally.

Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Ushiromiya

• Bay Watcher
  • Witch hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »

That's reassuring to know. And taking breaks is fine! After all, everyone has a life and other interests!
All mysteries can be explained with "Dwarf Tricks"

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2012, 11:52:17 pm »

Wow, an artifact! Is it made of gem (as Gar is a jeweller)?

In common fortress, you make rack from stone and encrust with gems.
In LostPages, you make rack from gem and encrust with stone!

Also, Gar says - You know nothing about both art and politics! The image of another outpost helps to build relations with other parts of Mountain Empire. We should put that rack near the depot, to impress traders and liaisons! And to make guards train next to it.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2012, 02:13:06 pm »

Wow, an artifact! Is it made of gem (as Gar is a jeweller)?

In common fortress, you make rack from stone and encrust with gems.
In LostPages, you make rack from gem and encrust with stone!

Also, Gar says - You know nothing about both art and politics! The image of another outpost helps to build relations with other parts of Mountain Empire. We should put that rack near the depot, to impress traders and liaisons! And to make guards train next to it.

Tirion says: A fine artifact! It should be either a noble's room ornament, or a barracks centerpiece... why not both? I'd be glad to see squads of brave soldiers train in my office, that should help intimidate any criminals I interrogate... even in their leather and wood training equipment.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:01:04 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:27 pm »

Hmm... bump? Is this really still going? I'm hoping this won't fade away, too.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]