Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Levers and Limits

(1/1)

DgnBiscuit:
Has anyone figured out if there is a limit to the number of things that can be linked to a single lever? Generally I link everything I want to trigger to a different lever, but with the addition of retractable spikes I'm thinking of making an Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom style impaling room, and it'd be nice to know before hand if there are any hard limits to how big it could be.-D.B.

Jay:
Probably ridiculously high.

zak:
I linked 8 spear traps to one lever once, so the limit is higher. Probably much higher.

Captain Xenon:
dont forget, if you link up stuff, then that stuff breaks, the mechanisms are still in the lever and you have to deconstruct it to get em back. (yeah, trolls will destroy iron floodgates).

Steely Glint:
I've attached at least 40 cages to a single lever, for use in my arena/magma execution chamber. If you want to conserve mechanisms, you have to deconstruct the lever, at which point half the mechanisms used will appear in piles around the former lever.Now if you'll excuse me, a vile force of darkness has arrived with more fodder for  my champions' hammers...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version