Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Assault Rifles  (Read 7607 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Rifles
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »

Team 6, GO! So M4's are more accurate? I guess Ill use them then, most of my deaths are by not killing groups because people miss.

The Liberal Crime squad, they make al-Quada look amateur.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 04:11:54 am »

Team 6, GO! So M4's are more accurate? I guess Ill use them then, most of my deaths are by not killing groups because people miss.

The Liberal Crime squad, they make al-Quada look amateur.
One time I made Al Quada in LCS once, I had Osama as my founder and googled some well named terrorists for my members.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 04:43:32 am »

so, it has come to this..
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 04:47:13 am »

I suppose, it was just for shits and giggles though.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:49 pm »

I suppose, it was just for shits and giggles though.

Bear in mind:

http://xkcd.com/1022/

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 03:22:19 pm »

X-46 Military lasers (or whatever) are part of an easter egg for if you manage to get the game to run for 100 years or so without a game over or victory. In the far future, many things in the game get reskinned to look futuristic in cheesy stereotypical ways. So you might be stealing hovercars and picking up vibro-axes from firefighters that you gunned down with your plasma rifle -- but everything plays exactly the same, just with new names.
Im bringing this back to ask a question, what year do lasers start replacing regular weapons? Im pretty sure Im nearing the date but I can't remember what date the game starts at.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

X-46 Military lasers (or whatever) are part of an easter egg for if you manage to get the game to run for 100 years or so without a game over or victory. In the far future, many things in the game get reskinned to look futuristic in cheesy stereotypical ways. So you might be stealing hovercars and picking up vibro-axes from firefighters that you gunned down with your plasma rifle -- but everything plays exactly the same, just with new names.
Im bringing this back to ask a question, what year do lasers start replacing regular weapons? Im pretty sure Im nearing the date but I can't remember what date the game starts at.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

Oh, so not really 100 years after start, just 100 years after 2000. But yeah Ill probably get lasers, its 2089 and I only have one moderate law.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:39 pm »

I hope you guys know that the AK47 is inferior to the modern M16 family in every way, right?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

I hope you guys know that the AK47 is inferior to the modern M16 family in every way, right?

In some metrics irrelevant to the game, like accuracy at long range and weight, this is true. In other metrics also irrelevant to the game, like manufacturing cost and ability to penetrate cover, the opposite is true. In most ways, the differences are negligible. They are both widely used assault rifles.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »

There should be a torture option where you force conservatives to stroke an AK-47.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 08:32:12 pm »

There should be a torture option where you force conservatives to stroke an AK-47.

"Touch the commie gun! Touch it! Feel the Communism!"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 10:16:48 pm »

Being able to aquire, import, and possess a Russian military assault rifle is pretty conservative on all accounts, though

Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »

The LCS do lots of hypocritical things, but this is not the point.

AK-47s and M16s are present despite having identical stats for the sake of the satirical political statement that can be made of far-left American rebels using the stereotypical weapon of the USSR and Che Guevara, even though it is ultimately no better or worse than its American counterpart.

In short, they are present as one of many aspects that make the LCS look very, very silly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 12:30:42 am »

FWIW the CIA raid that hit my 463 LCS had AKs & Molotovs.  Probably cover-weaponry though.  (As in, pass the raid off as a rival group rather than the CIA.  Plausible deniability and all.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5