Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Tantrum spiral

(1/4) > >>

galmud:
Recently repelled a goblin siege. But of course during the battle as the bodies piled up in the narrow entrance my stupid dwarves came running risking their lives for goblin crap. I tried to forbid them but they still managed to get themselves killed in droves.Anyway this turned my happy fortress upside down. Now almost everyone is miserable throwing tantrums destroying furniture, workshops, killing pets killing eachother leading to more misery. I'm basically just sending my soldiers around to kill berserkers while my masons mass produce coffins to bury the deadWhat am I suppose to do? Will it just deteriorate until everyone is dead? Or is it possible to ride it out somehow?

Ghostpaw:
I heard waterfalls work well as a free therapist.

Lairian:
I'm glad you're having fun!Joking aside, usually when I experience a tantrum spiral, the last handful or two of dwarves see enough dying and madness that they stop caring, and thus manage to spare themselves by enshrouding themselves in a protective coat of ennui.  Try hoping that they'll be useful is the best I can say.

galmud:
So no hope at all the dwarves calming down?  No way of handling these situations?  Im just gonna sit here and watch 170 dwarves commit collective suicide?I dont mind the chaos as much as the stupid reason why it erupted First I couldnt lock one door because I think a rock was blocking it. And when the goblins got in and the battle started most of my dwarves flocked to the battle like flies even though I tried forbidding everything. I understand its a known problem. But its a game-breaker if you cant fight attacks without civilians rushing to the battle to store useless crap. And not only killing themselves but also dooming the entire fortress to mass depressionHope mr Adams finds a solution. How about a zone connected to a specific order ordering all dwarves not in uniform to remain in that zone no matter what except real emergencies ?

DJ:
Don't worry, there will be survivors. Most of them will be your military, though, because they're the ones that don't care about anything anymore.As for avoiding future tantrum spirals, I hear that having a kitten slaughterhouse in your dining hall helps. I haven't tried it, but it supposedly makes your dwarves get used to tragedy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version