Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In need of volunteer graphic designer.  (Read 1807 times)

Oblivious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
In need of volunteer graphic designer.
« on: August 20, 2012, 03:55:02 am »

In need of a volunteer graphic designer with any experience. Need to make a few colorful graphics for a game that is currently in development. All levels of creativity accepted :) Please email me, Chris at cgb0502@gmail.com if you are interested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: In need of volunteer graphic designer.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:59:17 am »

It would certainly help your cause if you werent a first-time poster or could give some details about your game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Oblivious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:21:51 am »

Ahh sure thing. Not too many features though. Hope you understand :) We have a group of  about 3 people(international) volunteer. The game will have features from SWG pre-cu, EVE Online, and Minecraft all put to one. Will have features that will let the casual and the pvper enjoy the game in two different modes. Game will most likely be F2P with micro-transactions. Is not an MMO, but can connect with different players on the same map with the same goals in mind. (I.e. your guild). Game will also include an online market.
Basic features:
Farming
PvE
PvP
Mining
Crafting.
Mobs/bosses.
All the features I can share at the moment.
Hope you are interested.
And someone has to be a first time poster at some point right? :)

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
  • HE SAID, DISROBING OBJECTIVELY, SLOWLY, LOVINGLY
    • View Profile
    • CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY CANDY
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:23:04 am »

It would certainly help your cause if you werent a first-time poster or could give some details about your game.

Quite. You're basically asking someone with time and talent to donate both to you for free without even attempting to merit why this wouldn't be a waste of both.

e:

Ahh sure thing. Not too many features though. Hope you understand :) We have a group of  about 3 people(international) volunteer. The game will have features from SWG pre-cu, EVE Online, and Minecraft all put to one. Will have features that will let the casual and the pvper enjoy the game in two different modes. Game will most likely be F2P with micro-transactions. Is not an MMO, but can connect with different players on the same map with the same goals in mind. (I.e. your guild). Game will also include an online market.
Basic features:
Farming
PvE
PvP
Mining
Crafting.
Mobs/bosses.
All the features I can share at the moment.
Hope you are interested.
And someone has to be a first time poster at some point right? :)

phhffffttthahahaha

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:29:22 am »

Generally, folk don't choose to be a first time poster and that guy asking for free labour at the same time. I'd recommend either sourcing a graphic designer from somewhere else or spending some time becoming a valuable, well-known member of the community, then maybe starting up a project within the board. Pretty much every project that gets free help (in the form of work or art, kickstarters are a different thing entirely) from Bay12 either began or was first shared here. Cult is a good example, and there are plenty of others in this very subforum.

As is, I doubt you'll get too much assistance here without revealing much, much more of your project, and even then, it's iffy.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Oblivious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 05:41:28 am »

We have a core game. Buggy, but core. The concept is only steps away from being released to the public. Our 3D modeler, he could pull off a graphic, but not quite the "form" we are looking for. The image would be used for the kickstarter program. And thanks for the extra link :)

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 05:49:10 am »

Again, you still haven't actually told us anything about your game other than a list of basically every 'this project is massively overambitious and will never see the light of day' red flag in existence.

Oblivious

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 05:56:11 am »

As you said, I have not stated anything about the game. So how would you know if it would see the light of day? With all due respect of course. And before you go off on a financial debate discussion, you should know that I have funded this game from the start.
Can I get this post deleted please? I will take my business elsewhere.

John Galt Fanfiction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 05:59:30 am »

With all due respect, of course, I doubt any of us really care if you take your project you refuse to quantify in any way and go find some other forum to spam about it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:10:21 am »

I know someone who is pretty good at graphics, i can ask.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

mcsafety

• Bay Watcher
  • ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 06:20:09 am »

i always wanted to make graphics for a video game.. what do i have to do sign me up ! :-) lol
name: magmammal
type:  Fire/kangaroo
evoles into Magkingbird (and gets wings and beak, with flying type and a crown )
pokedox: Magmammal was just a kangaroo until one day he ate coal, and it was so hot he got hot and he wanders the land burning his footsteps.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 06:30:01 am »

But i understand that the others wanna get some more details before deciding, and i completely. agree, that people want to know what they are jumping into, any kind of details about what it is going to work like something like that would be great

edit: glitchy banana phone spams periods
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:32:47 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sentientdeth

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Soul Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Sentientdeth's Composition Blog
Dirgeplayer of the Twelve Bays
-The Bard's Guild-