Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Underrail - Turn-based, isometric RPG with plently of skills and playable demo.  (Read 23915 times)

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, guys, I'm the developer of Underrail.

Just wanted to drop by and thank you guys for checking the game out. I hope you had fun with it. :)

Btw, the imbalanced economy is something I'm working on fixing. It was one of the common complaints about the demo.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

Hey, guys, I'm the developer of Underrail.

Just wanted to drop by and thank you guys for checking the game out. I hope you had fun with it. :)
It's a blast! Thanks for dropping by, it says a lot about you and your project  :D

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ARGH I've tried to post this two times but failed (and had to re-type it all out)so I'll try to make this quick-

I love your game alot
What kind of pricing model are you planning (Alpha/beta purchase, crowd funding)
How lengthy do you think the finished game will be?

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love your game alot
What kind of pricing model are you planning (Alpha/beta purchase, crowd funding)
How lengthy do you think the finished game will be?

Thanks. :)

I'm still trying to work something out there. I'm having trouble with crowd-funding because of where I live, so I'm looking into alpha funding now as well. I can't say anything for certain at this point. We'll see.

The game will be long. I'm really bad at estimating the playtime, it seems, because I know how to play the game optimally. I estimated the demo to be about 2h30min long, but everyone I watched play took 5+ hours. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:47:13 pm by Styg »

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that the alpha version is now available for purchase on Desura (http://www.desura.com/games/underrail/) and GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-UR/underrail-alpha) for those who are interested.

Cheers. 

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Bought this game and it's totally awesome. Kinda hard to play as a pure psi character though because the psi points don't regen, which I didn't know when I rolled my character. :(

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update, I haven't been following the devblog and this is not something I want to miss. I'll put the purchase links in OP, hopefully the other info is still relevant because I'm too lazy to update it at the moment.  :P Maybe tomorrow.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

You had me at Turn-Based Isometric RPG.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

will there be factions you can join and gain rank with and reputation with ? sort of like eldar scrolls ( not skyrim )
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.  Project looks neat, and it's totally awesome to see a dev dropping by and talking about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Bought this game and it's totally awesome. Kinda hard to play as a pure psi character though because the psi points don't regen, which I didn't know when I rolled my character. :(

Thanks for the support. :)

If you get 15 points in biology you can craft psi boosters from mushrooms. That should save you some cash.

Psi is kinda hard to play on early levels but gets quite powerful later.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will there be factions you can join and gain rank with and reputation with ? sort of like eldar scrolls ( not skyrim )

Nothing as structured as in say Morrowind, but you will be able to associate yourself with different factions, yeah.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the update, I haven't been following the devblog and this is not something I want to miss. I'll put the purchase links in OP, hopefully the other info is still relevant because I'm too lazy to update it at the moment.  :P Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks. Yeah, all the old links are still good.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Played quite a bit of the alpha yesterday and must say I enjoy it a ton, it also shows great promise. Some things I would like to see or see changed though.

1) When you select a recipe in the crafting menu and have the inventory screen open, possible items that can go into that recipe should either light up or all others should maybe tone down. Would make searching for ingredients a lot quicker.

2) Dirty up the walls in some places, my main point being the area between the cave in and the compound, the walls are a bit too, I don't know, sterile I guess. Just some different colouring or maybe some dents representing the concrete chipping away would go a long way.

3) Some highlighting on enemies behind walls that your character can see. As in the wall is "between" me and the enemy, not my character and the enemy. Targeting some enemies now can be a pain.

4) Noticed an error in a conversation, the guard in Junkyard that claims to represent some embassy called me sir Zoe even though my character is female.

Well this is what I have noticed so far. I am eagerly looking forward to following the progress on this game :)

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Aptus,

I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far and thanks for the feedback.  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4