Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Underrail - Turn-based, isometric RPG with plently of skills and playable demo.  (Read 23778 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Love this game, still very early days - but the number of people on Desura saying it's better than Fallout 2 is embarrassing. It's a good game, with great potential - but it's no Fallout 2.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I do get some fallout vibes from it though. So far I would say it's kind of fallout set in the underdark. Finished the alpha today, now to wait for the rest :p
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Wow this is great! loving what i have played so far its really good!. could we get a ironman mode though please where when you die that it new character ?.

i really enjoy that you have your own personal space to store stuff from the get go. in late updates can we get the ability to buy stuff for this personal space ?.

also another request would be in the notes ( journal ) can we have a constant update on how we are with certain people/factions and what are standing is with them and our current reputation is. I personally would still like a elder scrolls esc ranking system ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:57:02 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ironman mode is easily self-imposed, unless you're asking for some sort of additional reward for prolonged survival.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Ironman mode is easily self-imposed, unless you're asking for some sort of additional reward for prolonged survival.

But I'm soooo weak weakkk man weak :P I don't want any rewards for ironman just ironman so I cant save scum :p maybe a dinky achivement :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I'm soooo weak weakkk man weak :P I don't want any rewards for ironman just ironman so I cant save scum :p maybe a dinky achivement :P

Hehe, maybe I'll add ironman mode at some point. Don't want to bother with that now while save games are not 100% stable. Wouldn't want anyone to lose all their progress because of a corrupted save.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Total tangent here, but I've always wondered how save game files are built. They're usually such tiny files, but they take a perfect snapshot of the game state, sometimes right down to the exact animation each NPC was doing at that moment in time, not to mention the position of hundreds/thousands of objects in the game world, the player's inventory, his stats, lord knows how many hidden vars the game was keeping track of... It just boggles my mind how it all gets packed into a little .sav file and restored to perfect condition without the player noticing so much as a tiny detail out of place.

So kudos to you, Styg, if you manage anything near 100% savegame stability. I can't even fathom how difficult that must be to pull off.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Total tangent here, but I've always wondered how save game files are built. They're usually such tiny files, but they take a perfect snapshot of the game state, sometimes right down to the exact animation each NPC was doing at that moment in time, not to mention the position of hundreds/thousands of objects in the game world, the player's inventory, his stats, lord knows how many hidden vars the game was keeping track of... It just boggles my mind how it all gets packed into a little .sav file and restored to perfect condition without the player noticing so much as a tiny detail out of place.

So kudos to you, Styg, if you manage anything near 100% savegame stability. I can't even fathom how difficult that must be to pull off.

They don't keep track of everything, most of the stuff in most of the game worlds is static. Save games in Underrail can get quite big anyway, though, when you start progressing farther and farther.

Btw, new dev log is up: #9: Importing characters and More Crafting..

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Underrail is now available on the newest Groupee's bundle, the Build a Greenlight Bundle. If you purchase at least two indie games, for at least. $1.50, you will get Underrail for free, as well as many other things! You can donate to charity if you wish, and you get to support indie games for whichever price you want. As always, now is a good time to upvote Underrail, as well as the other indie titles, on Steam.

I've only heard of one of the bundle games, but the bonuses, Underrail and La-Mulana, are real gems, and you should check them out on greenlight even if you don't want any of the other games. I'm trying not to sound like an adbot here, but it does really help them and I loved the demo of Underrail so much, I really want to see these games succeed and I feel kinda bad about the price I paid ($10) for them. Hopefully my constant and unrelenting promotion will make up for it! Also I'll be able to actually play the Alpha and then drone on about that instead of the demo now.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys. Check out the new Underrail trailer and let me know what you think. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blE0XJWUxpY

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One year and one month after this topic got started, Underrail has reached Steam. If you bought this game on Gamersgate, you should have a Steam key. I don't know if Desura buyers get the same deal.

Styg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One year and one month after this topic got started, Underrail has reached Steam. If you bought this game on Gamersgate, you should have a Steam key. I don't know if Desura buyers get the same deal.

You can redeem your key regardless of where you purchased. Here's how:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/2109098773192338381

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Huh, completely missed this thread when it was first posted. I'll have to give this a try.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, because I might be buying this game. I have been missing Arcanum/Fallout recently and this may just be the thing.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early access is up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4