Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Question; Play Style  (Read 1034 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
The Question; Play Style
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »

One of my sweetest games was when I had just one professional thief character, and I turned him into The Question DC character. He wore a trenchcoat, carried a pistol, and I modded his save file to give him the injury no face. I trained him in the Law skill. I also played in nightmare mode. My slogan was "I am not the answer; I am only the question." I lost the save, but I will try it again. Any suggestions on how to elaborate?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
Re: The Question; Play Style
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:41:03 am »

Mind telling me how to edit my savegame mate ?
My play style usually involves playing a thief with lots of cannon fodder.Everyone gets guns even though they are terrible with them.I usually die in a car crash during a chase.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:05:26 pm by Xeron »

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:05:29 am »

i usually play lone ninja style , i get 6 children slaves and make them play street music 24/7 and i have no worries about money while i am stealing secret files from big conservative corporations .

if i have enough juice , i recruit writter and hacker and sometimes i recruit more ninjas to make LNS (liberal ninja squad) .
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:07:37 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:41:20 am »

Mind telling me how to edit my savegame mate ?
My play style usually involves playing a thef with lots of cannon fodder.Everyone gets guns even though they are terrible with them.I usually die in a car crash during a chase.

I always use Notepad++, open your save file with it and search for your liberal's name. Somewhere beneath that, you will find a bunch of tags like this
Code: [Select]
<special>1</special>Some of those will have other numbers, like 10 or 32. The special tags deal with internal injuries or other special wounds. Change the first 4 tags from 1 to 0. This will remove his eyes, tongue, and nose. Only do four, if you go past that you will start collapsing his lungs and other fun stuff.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »

My normal style is to recruit power players: Dancers, black belts, athletes, and yoga instructors.  The people who'll have 10/10 in agility and health.  It's not exactly how I really want to play, but I want my combatants to really be badass. 

This playthrough it's been different.  I've been making squads of child workers.  Initially the mortality rate was horrid, but now that they are all armed with shotguns, mp5s, and assault rifles it's just a total slaughter all the time.  To stop the police from raiding I keep the police station shut down constantly (I've recently learned with the Police out of commission your heat goes down).  I'm pretty sure if the police did come we'd royally kick their asses.

Of course, if I ever want to be pacifist, I'm going to lose all the kids.  There's no way any lawyer is getting them off at this point.  Hundreds of murders across my 24 person child army.

I had intended this to be a high charisma game with lots of small pegs with low juice, but without leadership and charisma affecting the cap that's slow and boring.