Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Do Police Raids kill you?  (Read 18578 times)

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Police Raids kill you?
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:57 am »

I don't watch LCS development closely, so this may have already been discussed.

What may give ideas for future development is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO . There is no reason to not have such program in a world that is prone to featuring police Death Squads. At least historically a secret government program aimed a messing with people's right to assemble and political free speech is possible.

Conservative sleepers in all liberal organizations. Maybe it should be as hardcore that if a sleeper inherits leadership in your LCS you automatically loose. Probably brainwashed and seduced people should never be secret FBI agents because all infiltrators should appear to be liberal from the beginning.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2012, 02:04:39 pm »

I've also seen (on the internet) some guy who charges people $50 to fire a modern Gattling Gun in the southern USA, so machine guns are somehow, somewhere, also legal.  What a country!   :D

They're heavily regulated. By default you can't have one. It is possible to acquire one legally if apply to the ATF, put your with fingerprints on file, put a recent photo on file, subject yourself to an FBI background check, follow a waiting period, swear an affidavit, get the signature of the highest law enforcement officer in your community, pay a $200 fee, cluck like a chicken, do the limbo, get state approval, and ensure the gun in question was manufactured prior to 1986. The last restriction is a total ban that is designed to slowly phase out private machine gun ownership entirely. Also, no need to apply if you are a drug addict, a convicted felon, a former soldier dishonorably discharged, or mentally ill.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2012, 10:07:43 pm »

Hm, in a few years, I might just be in a position to do that.  Something to strive for, at least.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:27 am »

Athens was a direct democracy, the USA is a representative democracy. These are both real democracies. A false democracy would be a situation where the will of the people has no bearing on the decisions made by the government, but everyone thinks that it does.
Yeah, my diction needs work.  Sue me.
Bumping this thread, but anyway, America is the only country in which you could sue for that. Remember the 2012 Olympics? We got to show the whole world what the USA is good at. Whining.

Also, I think we might want to review this thead's argument on drone strikes after President Obama's views were revealed.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2013, 10:29:47 am »

Athens was a direct democracy, the USA is a representative democracy. These are both real democracies. A false democracy would be a situation where the will of the people has no bearing on the decisions made by the government, but everyone thinks that it does.
Yeah, my diction needs work.  Sue me.
Bumping this thread, but anyway, America is the only country in which you could sue for that. Remember the 2012 Olympics? We got to show the whole world what the USA is good at. Whining.

Also, I think we might want to review this thead's argument on drone strikes after President Obama's views were revealed.
Actually, as the person that posted this thread I am more or less happy to see that topic gone. I am fine about talking about all sorts of contriversial stuff but terrorism is one thing Id rather not talk about.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]