Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!Magma Cat!!  (Read 1702 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
!!Magma Cat!!
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:02:14 am »

So yeah, i crave a new avatar so i have decided to make !!Magma Cat!!.
I am nowhere near proffesional in this, but i'll follow MZ's advice on how it should look:

You need to add three things: A background full of &s instead of stars, a c instead of the cat, and instead of the rainbow?

‼MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA‼

I'll post some updates here, the end result should be animated. I got a CP-437 picture from wikipedia, and adjusted it a little bit so the dwarves look like those in DF (even tough i dont think i'll be using them). I plan on using only the things on that codepage, even tough i will have to resize them myself as paint.net automatically antialiases it.

Also, i'll probably upload the things i used and resized for you guys to use. The lack of things to use for DF parodies is disturbing.

Current Progress:

98x98 Grey "c" in the middle of a 400x400 picture.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:09:50 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: !!Magma Cat!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 12:29:26 pm »

In order to resize something without antialiasing in GIMP, you can go to Image>Scale Image and look for the Interpolation dropdown menu under Quality. Set it to "None". Default setting is "Cubic".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: !!Magma Cat!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »

Yeah, i have since moved to paint.net, wich did the same so i did it manually. Paint.net has a way to do it without antialiasing too tough, so meh. Paint.net starts faster and is easier to use.

Either way, i'm gone for 3 days, so i cant work on it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.