Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [FATE:Dresden Files] Suggestion Game  (Read 5788 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: [FATE:Dresden Files] Suggestion Game
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 04:13:50 am »

Wrote a back story for Jake which could be for Diablery or Ectomancy(it a two words different).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 04:59:02 am »

Name: Lucien Igniel
Template: Focused Practitioner
High Concept: Pyromancer Mercenary
Trouble: Wanted dead by the Red Court
Backstory: A mercenary who thoroughly enjoys burning vampires to ashes, Lucien is on the hitlist of one noble of the Red Court in particular after burning his mansion (along with a slew of his minions) to the ground.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 06:10:13 am »

I'd like to make a character, but I have a few questions:
Do you mind if I make a Were-Form character? It would be a small one, probably with only Diminutive Size, Claws, maybe Inhuman Speed and/or Wings, plus the regular Were-Form Powers, so it should be within the refresh rate for the level.

What kind of small animals would be appropriate for the area? I'd like some sort of ferret, preferably, though a bird or beaver might do.

Do you mind there being a Native American population in the town? I'm thinking my character would be half-Native American, grew up on a reservation which was created since the town kicked his tribe off their land about a hundred years before the pitchblende was discovered (so about 200 years ago, or it could be up to 300 or so, New England towns are usually pretty old), and they're mad that the town has desecrated their homeland and possibly unleashed some long-forgotten terror.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:12:38 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 06:24:43 am »

wait..... we're using multiple characters? Sorry, I missed that. Didn't mean to be so pushy.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:45 am »

*read post* It does say characters.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 06:30:12 am »

wait..... we're using multiple characters? Sorry, I missed that. Didn't mean to be so pushy.
No problem. Yeah, I will use multiple characters.  Alfred Pears, Jake Paper and Daniel Carter are basically in.

Not sure about Lucien Igniel, since we already got a Practioner.

I'd like to make a character, but I have a few questions:
Do you mind if I make a Were-Form character? It would be a small one, probably with only Diminutive Size, Claws, maybe Inhuman Speed and/or Wings, plus the regular Were-Form Powers, so it should be within the refresh rate for the level.
Sure, sounds great! I forgot the wereform and lycanthrope templates, my mistake.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 06:37:28 am »

Notice a tiny error that mess up the trouble part fix.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:23 am »

Not sure if this will actually work, but It should be interesting(and funny). Not sure what they would actually be able to do, it would probably have something to do with minds or ghosts.
Name: Marco Beach
Template: true believer
High concept: Curious Missionary
Trouble: Warped faith

Like many others, Marco was swept up in a wave of faith and the promise of easy salvation offered by his chosen religion. He really though the rituals he preformed made hm a better person, and eventually they actually did from  the belief alone if nothing else. He promised himself that he would do everything he could to spread His Faith and improve the word... and then it all collapsed. His church became a cult in the public eye, and it's leaders imposed more and more draconian measures to retain members. This nearly global outpouring of belief has begun to twist his power, turning it against himself and those around him, not to mention making preaching much harder. It isn't easy being a Scientologist nowadays.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 09:32:42 am »

Name: Henry "BlackWeasel" Rowland
Backstory: Henry was born to a Black Rock (what I'm calling the tribe I made up since we don't know what state this is (so I don't know which tribe would even be appropriate), and I don't want want to offend an existing tribe with my abysmal knowledge of their history and culture. The name should be a reference to some natural landmark of the town, either a pitchblende deposit or possibly some sort of meteorite or something.) father and a white mother. They all lived together with his paternal grandparents on the reservation until one day, when he was a teenager, his mother just up and left them to go live in New York. Possibly coincidentally, this was the time that his were-powers first manifested (it was either due to the stress or just the fact that supernatural abilities have a tendency to appear at that age). Beyond that, he had a pretty normal life, went to a pretty decent college, and was getting ready to do great things with his life, until his father was struck with illness.

Having his suddenly marriage fall apart did a number on John "RedEagle" Rowland's pscyche. Sure they had had their problems, but what couple doesn't? Looking back he could see the signs, realized there was so much he could have done that he didn't, eventually blamed himself for the whole thing. In little less than a decade, John destroyed his body with liquor. Then his grown son had to come back to this nothing of a town to care of his sick old ass and take a job at the local grocery store to help pay for what the IHS wouldn't cover. He couldn't help but feel the boy probably resented him for it.
Template: Were-Form
High Concept: Half-Black Rock Were-Ferret
Trouble: Held Back by his Past (?)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:01 pm »

That's gonna be an awful lot of characters if you use them all. I suggest making most of them NPCs.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:02 am »

Yeah, that's what I will do.
I don't have to much time at the moment, but I will start the game next week. Thank you all for the characters!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 05:45:45 pm »

BUMP FOR FATE JUSTICE!

I am interested in seeing what a proper game in this system would look like (rather than a hack of a modification like mine).

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:25 am »

Sorry, I got the Opening & Introduction about half done... then I fell into CHRISTMAS COMA.
I will finish it tomorrow, if possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]