Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Necromancers and embar site  (Read 3584 times)

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancers and embar site
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:33:16 am »

So, in my endless quest for perfect site i encountered something which, though not satisfying, is interesting that i am considering it.

Namely, it has Tower, two Towns and two Mountain Halls and neighbours. Does that mean the amount of brain-eating fun will be quintupled?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Necromancers and embar site
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:15 am »

Yep. If you're (un)lucky they're all different necro factions, and will fight each other till the end of time with zombie armies.

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50:33 am »

Yep. If you're (un)lucky they're all different necro factions, and will fight each other till the end of time with zombie armies.
So tempted...  but there is no magma pipe, magma sea is only 40z levels down, no aquifier, no clay, no free-standing hill, too many trees, too calm surroundings... what to do...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »

So tempted...  but there is no magma pipe, magma sea is only 40z levels down, no aquifier, no clay, no free-standing hill, too many trees, too calm surroundings... what to do...
Post the world info so the rest of us can access the death site, that's what you should do. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:30:17 pm »

Post the world info so the rest of us can access the death site, that's what you should do. :P
But it's my own modded game... i included Orc civ and removed clothing from non-dwarves.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 01:16:28 pm »

Why would you remove clothing? It's an easy way to get it for your own dwarves.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »

Speaking of an interesting embark site with necromancers, I've found an exciting one. A good/evil area, with glumprong and feather trees. And three towers. There's sand here, too, and flux. Additionally, the embark location I selected has, according to DF Hack, a crapton of magnetite.

Considering I've never embarked near a tower before, and have lost three forts to evil biomes since trying out 34.11, this should prove to be a lot of !!FUN!!

Any others interested in this spot?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »

Speaking of an interesting embark site with necromancers, I've found an exciting one. A good/evil area, with glumprong and feather trees. And three towers. There's sand here, too, and flux. Additionally, the embark location I selected has, according to DF Hack, a crapton of magnetite.
This sounds awesome, make a glass tower so all your dwarves can watch the undead wars
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »

Why would you remove clothing? It's an easy way to get it for your own dwarves.
Clutter. And i like providing for my little playthings, anyway.

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:32:43 am »

Huh.

Now, that's epic. 10 worlds later i encountered rather peculiar structure.

A hill (very step, but that'll be obvious), made of mostly stone, but also soil that is FRIGGING 80 z levels tall!

It shoots up from completely flat grassland, is one map square large, and is obviously very steep. My seven dwarves and the wagon ended on top of it :D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:42 am »

A hill (very step, but that'll be obvious), made of mostly stone, but also soil that is FRIGGING 80 z levels tall!

It shoots up from completely flat grassland, is one map square large, and is obviously very steep. My seven dwarves and the wagon ended on top of it :D
A cave. Look for an entrance >:]

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:34 am »

A cave. Look for an entrance >:]
No, i used reveal all to see what's up with it. Rather plain hill, apart from it's ridiculous heigh.

For the record, there is volcano in the same map 16x16 square, i checked it and it's completely flat. Perhaps that's the culprit of this glitch.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:15 pm »

So you embarked on top of a one-tile, 80-z high tower, on an otherwise flat embark with a volcano?

Nice! I demand pictures.
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

Maur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »

Nono, it's one tile on world map, after embarking it's more like 40x40 hill at the bottom.

Volcano is 8 or so worldmap tiles to the southeast, but on the same embark worldmap screen.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 02:21:05 pm »

Please to be exporting the worldgen parameters?

I had one of those in DF2010, and I was going to build Canterlot Castle on the side of it, but something happened...either I got burnt out or 2012 came out, I forget which.
Pages: [1] 2