Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Ponies?  (Read 9666 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Liberal Crime Ponies?
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:21:21 pm »

Anyone ever heard of or thought of a LCS, MLP:FiM mod?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:21:58 pm »

MLP threads are banned on Bay 12.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »

Discussion of the show is banned, there's no blanket ban on everything vaguely related. Otherwise I think the massive Pony Fortress thread would probably have been axed.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:46:06 pm »

Time to use the Angry Font.

NO. GTFO.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

Pony mods are not banned...  threads discussing the show, are banned, which is not the issue here.

As you can see here: Pony Mod,Fanon is Magic and Rampage Edition.

Please don't spread misinformation.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:12:58 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

Pony mods are not banned...  threads discussing the show, are banned, which is not the issue here.

Please don't spread misinformation.  Thanks.
Toady said, and I quote "No more pony threads." He never specified that it was just the show, its just that those other threads haven't derailed into....horrible things and had his attention brought to them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

Shh.

Shhhhhhhh.

Only ponies now.

I'm not sure what a pony mod would actually change, though. Alter the health system and hit messages to make everyone have equine bodies? Change the random name files? (Conservative President Applebloom.) I guess you could theoretically shift the political agenda from "liberalism" to something like "friedship". That would be... interesting, at least. Shooting people to make hugs mandatory and releasing parasprites into the groundwater to promote the cause of sharing. Yeah, that isn't a mod idea I would expect anyone to ever have thought of. At least not for very long.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 03:27:10 pm »

Shh.

Shhhhhhhh.

Only ponies now.

I'm not sure what a pony mod would actually change, though. Alter the health system and hit messages to make everyone have equine bodies? Change the random name files? (Conservative President Applebloom.) I guess you could theoretically shift the political agenda from "liberalism" to something like "friedship". That would be... interesting, at least. Shooting people to make hugs mandatory and releasing parasprites into the groundwater to promote the cause of sharing. Yeah, that isn't a mod idea I would expect anyone to ever have thought of. At least not for very long.

Don't give the damn bronies any ideas...

Pardon my French, BUT PONIES ARE FUCKING EVERYWHERE NOW

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 04:19:42 pm »

"ponie , this is unicorn . unicorn , this is pony ....

now breed !"

you could make pony/unicorn creature called ponycorn , give it a horn , little rainbow , a cauldron full of brownies and mustard .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 04:23:03 pm »

Toady banned ponies? That's awesome.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

Toady banned ponies? That's awesome.
I totally agree.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »

Frankly, there are so few mods for LCS, and the difficulty in actually making a full conversion mod is so high, that I for one welcome anyone to try to make a Pony mod for LCS.

Note, in order to make a Pony mod for LCS, one would need to understand the inner working of LCS itself.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:51 pm »

Unless I hear otherwise from Tarn, or this thread has inappropriate content, I will not be locking this thread or otherwise taking brutish censorship actions against it just for being MLP related. This shouldn't be taken as a blanket license to spam off-topic MLP content in other threads; that is generally rude forum behavior and is what usually gets MLP banned or kept to one thread in other forums.

The "pony ban" is a sentence Toady One posted after he was forced to repeatedly respond to My Little Pony threads in General Discussion veering into inappropriate content. After the second time he locked a major thread, he invited the community to recreate the thread if they could follow the rules, but warned that he would take harsher measures if the problems continued to occur. After the third time, he said that was it for My Little Pony threads in this forum. As far as I know and can tell, it's nothing resembling a personal hatred or ideological crusade -- he's never rigorously enforced it, and probably just wants to avoid the unweildy responsibility of trying to police the discussions. He's not a tyrant in his moderation style, and I don't intend to act like one for him.

While I do find this thread itself to be acceptable, there is something in this thread that is not acceptable, and that's the flagrant factionalism. I don't mind civil discussion of whether MLP content is allowed or not, but the "GTFO" and "damn bronies" replies, plus to a lesser extent commentary on the ban being "awesome", are not only unconstructive, they are flamebait, they serve to promote meaningless hostility toward other posters, and they make you look childish. Unlike pony mods, picking fights and insulting other posters is explicitly prohibited by the posted Bay12Games forum guidelines.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:47:58 pm »

I can't beleive how many positive responces I got, I expected everyone to start bashing me hard becuase I was a brony. I want to thank those who acctually thought about their replies, and gave good ideas, and to those who probably just saw "Ponies" or "MLP:FiM" and were just like "NOPE!" thanks for posting on the thread any way. Ill be sure to adhire to any and all non-pony rules in the future to cut down on any more mishaps.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »

Discussion of the show is banned, there's no blanket ban on everything vaguely related. Otherwise I think the massive Pony Fortress thread would probably have been axed.

This.

More specifically, he actually went into one of the two threads and cleaned up after a troll user without so much a word as to closing the thread in general, or disapproving of its other content.  This was after the ban.

So, I'd take that as plenty of evidence that Toady doesn't care as long as nobody makes another general discussion topic about MLP in the General Discussion board.  Or strays into unapproved territory in another thread, of course.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8