Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 245294 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - **Earliest access! Hide your squid-urchins! **
« Reply #1305 on: July 16, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »

I've done one update pass on the OP with links and things. I'd like some selling points to list and whatnot, if you guys have any ideas. I'm not that great at OP's but I'll try for some images as soon as I get some I know I can post (which don't actually include any that I have right now).
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 16, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »

Huh.  Well this was unexpected.

Will there be any special merit badges or other indicators of those who came aboard in Earliest Access, or is this really and truly just a "get in there and find our bugs earlier" thing?

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 16, 2014, 04:11:22 pm »

One of the benefits to us is definitely that having more people test our game will yield a more stable game for everyone.  That's totally true.

We hear pretty regularly from people who want to be able to buy the game early to participate in this stage of development.  Our challenge was to try to find a way to make those people happy while benefiting from their efforts, at the same time as we made sure that people who were not interested in this knew what was going on and could very clearly see that this was not for them.

We don't have any plans for an achievement for earliest access testing.  Motivating people to participate in this process with rewards that aren't the process itself starts to interfere with the stated plan of trying to make sure that only people who WANT to be in right now are in right now.

If this doesn't seem like something you want to do, I totally get that.  You should probably wait.  But if you want to play it now, and you're willing to deal with some issues, that sounds awesome.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

Squid-urchins makes me think of adorable street urchins who are also anthropomorphic squids.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 16, 2014, 04:58:56 pm »

Did not realize that Early Access was going to be able to be bought today (and played on Friday).  Well I know what I'm doing when I get home.

For some reason, Enigma, that reminds me of the units from Final Fantasy Tactics, the squid-like humanoids.  Except tiny and begging you for cash.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 16, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »

We don't have any plans for an achievement for earliest access testing.  Motivating people to participate in this process with rewards that aren't the process itself starts to interfere with the stated plan of trying to make sure that only people who WANT to be in right now are in right now.

If this doesn't seem like something you want to do, I totally get that.  You should probably wait.  But if you want to play it now, and you're willing to deal with some issues, that sounds awesome.
That first paragraph makes a lot of sense, and kudos to you for not pandering to the achievement crowd. 

I do really want to help out with the testing/development but I'm a little tight on time and money right now.  New tires/brakes and dental work all in the same month  -_-  I guess I'll have to see how things go this week/month.

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 16, 2014, 05:18:49 pm »

I'm in.  Can you write me an excuse for work on Friday?

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 16, 2014, 05:26:22 pm »

Dear Lithare's boss,

Lithare is not in today because the empire needs help expanding into the frontier, and we are in need of directions for which crops to grow and which people are the weakest links.  You'll be glad you did this when glorious commendations are showered upon you by the increase in prestige of the empire.

Or, if Lithare totally fucks it up, we'll all blame you.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »

I will happily break your game in all sorts of fun ways -- it is after all heavily inspired by my favorite half-broken game of all time. Consider me signed up.

Edit: Also a warning to who it concerns that I will nag the appropriate person(s) for Linux support when the time comes. For now I totally understand the lack since there's really no point until everything else is pretty much done and will run it on the copy of windows that I still keep around for shovelknight and such.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:09:24 pm by HideousBeing »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 16, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

Finally! I have been waiting for this...silently...but waiting no less...

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 16, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

There is a Linux build, and it compiles, and it's not a separate chunk of code, I think most of the issues with it at present are graphical, but i'm not sure.  We're still committed to it. 

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 16, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »

There is a Linux build, and it compiles, and it's not a separate chunk of code, I think most of the issues with it at present are graphical, but i'm not sure.  We're still committed to it.

I figured as much given Nicholas's background (Loki would have been a sweet gig at 16... Or now if it was still around and making money; pretty sure one guy does 95% of the ports these days). But I'm still holding you to it out of principle :p.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 16, 2014, 07:31:39 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure our demands of SDL have led to new features implemented by icculus over the last 12 months, so we're already helping!  Yessss!  Good call though, make sure we don't forget :)

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 16, 2014, 08:11:03 pm »

Thank you, that should be sufficient.  Especially the last part.  No one likes to be blamed for failures.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:02 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure our demands of SDL have led to new features implemented by icculus over the last 12 months, so we're already helping!  Yessss!  Good call though, make sure we don't forget :)

Yeah, that's his name! Did I mention you guys are awesome? Some serious love happening right now.

EDIT: Deleted... off-topic / moved
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:10:16 pm by HideousBeing »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 105