Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 244791 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - **Earliest access! Hide your squid-urchins! **
« Reply #1320 on: July 16, 2014, 11:32:26 pm »

Plans for military vehicles you say? These news fills my heart with great joy and happiness! Here, have a picture of an obscure Mexican landship from the Great War!

Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 17, 2014, 11:04:21 am »

That is a ridiculous, amazing vehicle.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 17, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

Added the first small piece of actual occult behavior yesterday, testing it today.  Sufficiently mad characters who are members of cults will now perform rituals to become fish people.  Might add some warning signs so players can react before it's too late...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 17, 2014, 11:21:04 am »

sweet...will you ever expand the occult/magic stuff to be able to be beneficially harnessed by the player in any way? or is it purely a bad/challenge aspect?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 17, 2014, 11:35:23 am »

Plans for military vehicles you say? These news fills my heart with great joy and happiness! Here, have a picture of an obscure Mexican landship from the Great War!

That's beautiful; it looks like it took a lot of inspiration from the contemporary British Marks.  I thus respond with this fine example from Russia Novyrus, the Tsar Tank.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((And now, however belatedly, am watching this thread as well. ^_^))

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 17, 2014, 11:43:24 am »

It's very much still the plan to have cult behavior be potentially rewarding, essentially increasing the overall risk and benefit to the player. 

At the moment, they're a good opportunity to build out the core gameplay loops.  As of this point, they're food production, a loose sense of military supply and management (making guns etc), and needing to keep the characters happy (currently through beer).  This falls into the latter currently, but we won't stop there.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 17, 2014, 11:46:26 am »

Can't wait til tomorrow! Already bought my early access...and I am excited to play your game...hopefully it works for at least an hour before the bugs take it over :P

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 17, 2014, 11:48:19 am »

Is it cool to put up LPs of the earliest access? Haven't purchased yet, probably will as soon as I secure funds.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 17, 2014, 11:56:47 am »

It would be kind of ridiculous for us to tell you that you couldn't.  Yes of course you can.  We're working to increase the variability of the events in the game currently, but there's already some interesting stuff going on. 

Some basic LP functionality still needs a bit of work.  Characters can't be renamed yet for example

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #1329 on: July 17, 2014, 03:55:15 pm »

Yes, but not to start.  As I think i wrote in the status page, the random terrain generation is currently locked on "lowlands with some highlands and some sea".  We're going to be blowing this out a lot, but it's not our immediate focus.

Glad to hear it'll be coming at some point :)

Is there an approximate time that we'll be able to get our hands on the game?

E: And how do you prefer to receive bug reports?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:59:20 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 17, 2014, 04:25:07 pm »

I'm not sure if you're able to, but could you give me a run down of exactly what we'll be able to do in the game as of tomorrow?

I definitely want to pick it up, but not sure if it's worth waiting another couple of months. If there's some level of playability, though, I'll throw money your way!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

If you're really unsure, wait a day or two and see, I think. They won't run out of copies and I'm sure there's at least a couple people here who can't wait to dive in and talk about it. I'll be posting... something... as soon as I'm able post-access launch.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 17, 2014, 04:43:10 pm »

We talked about it in the blog post last week here:

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/07/09/the-state-of-the-empire-summer-2014/

(there's a summary at the bottom)

We have no known crash bugs right now that aren't *extremely* pathological (aka you have to do something extremely weird to cause them)

I've added just a little bit of cult stuff since then.

Our save game system is largely in flux at the moment and IF it ships for Friday it'll have a big "WARNING" on it.  (We are in the process of reducing its memory footprint which is prohibitively large.)

The UI take some getting used to, and can be initially a little frustrating (we're going to focus on that after we resolve any big issues that come up tomorrow), but I'm sure our forums (or these ones) will be able to help with questions about that. 

Other than that, you should be able to make a nice little town that grows its own food, makes some stuff, and has people that can go mad, eat each other, summon fish people, and shoot monsters and animals and each other.

The OP changed yesterday I think to include our roadmap.  That has a lot more detail on what the status is exactly.  You can find it here:

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 17, 2014, 04:56:05 pm »

The UI take some getting used to, and can be initially a little frustrating (we're going to focus on that after we resolve any big issues that come up tomorrow), but I'm sure our forums (or these ones) will be able to help with questions about that. 

I don't think that will be too much of a problem for the people of this forum. :P  We sort of have a history of strange and Eldritch UI interaction.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 105