Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 243714 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #765 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:53 pm »

This seems interesting...
Will lurk.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 25, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »

Oh, I remember reading an article about this where there was a huge segment about pipes. Seems pretty entertaining, kind of wondering why I didn't already PTW.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 25, 2013, 08:17:23 pm »

Oh, I remember reading an article about this where there was a huge segment about pipes. Seems pretty entertaining, kind of wondering why I didn't already PTW.

Oh yeah, there's all sorts of pipes.  Pipes in the floor, pipes in the ceiling, pipes in the walls.  Pipes in the Earth.

Pipes under your skin.  Pipes behind your eyes.

Spoiler: Pipes Everywhere (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:26 pm »

PTW, until it's released I'd really like to see a forum game of that theme, wink wink ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 27, 2013, 02:21:09 am »

Signed up too. Love seeing the obelisk squid/octopus (I have no clue what it is exactly other than some other dimensional shit).

Also, spreading madness.....
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 27, 2013, 08:40:42 am »

Signed up too. Love seeing the obelisk squid/octopus (I have no clue what it is exactly other than some other dimensional shit).

Also, spreading madness.....

all hail Qua'ggaroth the obelisk octupus.....

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »

New blog post, we talked a bit about video card compatibility and testing, and you get a glimpse into the horrific void that Mr. Adams had the foresight to avoid almost entirely.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2013/11/27/the-joys-of-video-card-compatibility/

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 27, 2013, 03:14:51 pm »

New blog post, we talked a bit about video card compatibility and testing, and you get a glimpse into the horrific void that Mr. Adams had the foresight to avoid almost entirely.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2013/11/27/the-joys-of-video-card-compatibility/

I hate that part of developing everything.  It all is working, but now you have to get it actually working.

Also, yay programmer art.  The pride and joy of game developers everywhere.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

I've found that the motivation of an art team to draw things is inversely proportional to the aesthetic qualities of the programmer art.  It's amazing.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 27, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »

I must say that the "Artist’s impression of the output of the rendering on the HD4000" is impressive. ;)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 27, 2013, 05:25:06 pm »

Tagged attacking the darkness, clockwork empires, crash what crash, david is on vacation this week so we get to do programmer art which is basically just anything you can make with the flood fill tool, next week we turn combat back on again, programming, secret industry shame, the blackness has come to new sogwood, the predator-esque graphics programmer tradition of displaying defeated video cards in a shoe box on your desk, video card drivers what video card drivers

Consistently the best Devblog out there.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »

Tagged attacking the darkness, clockwork empires, crash what crash, david is on vacation this week so we get to do programmer art which is basically just anything you can make with the flood fill tool, next week we turn combat back on again, programming, secret industry shame, the blackness has come to new sogwood, the predator-esque graphics programmer tradition of displaying defeated video cards in a shoe box on your desk, video card drivers what video card drivers

Consistently the best Devblog out there.

Those tags are always perfect.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:18 am »

There was also an exciting moment when I had to install new video card drivers on the laptop, a process which I couldn’t do because the newest Intel drivers were not signed by Hewlett-Packard. Hewlett-Packard last signed drivers in, uh, 2012. Instead, I needed to unzip the drivers, attempt to manually install them, deal with the fact that Windows 7 insisted that the drivers from 2012 were newer than the drivers from 2013, completely uninstall the drivers from 2012, and then re-manually-install the new drivers.

I hope you don't mean that you expect people running integrated video cards on a laptop are going to have to jump through that many hoops to get your game to run. If someone's running it on a laptop, forcing them to uninstall old drivers and manually install new ones sounds like a task that would fall outside their comfort zone, or at least too much of a hassle to bother with. If you have to rely on the latest drivers (or at least newer than the ones windows can install with minimal effort), then supporting it sounds like a bit of a lost cause.

Perhaps I'm being a bit naive here; maybe there are plenty of users who are savvy enough to put in the same work (or at least find and follow the instructions that someone might have on your forums after release), but are nonetheless stuck on a low-power laptop for other reasons.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 28, 2013, 08:32:51 am »

Yo.

* Descan has a laptop from 2008
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 28, 2013, 08:37:32 am »

I think it's a bit much to expect of a small dev team to check every single laptop out there to see if their latest supported drivers work with the game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105