Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 244755 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - **Earliest access! Hide your squid-urchins! **
« Reply #1351 on: July 18, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »

It's up :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 18, 2014, 12:46:45 pm »

Not on my Steam it isn't. :(

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 18, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

Not on my Steam it isn't. :(
Yeah, it's not there yet.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:52 pm »

When you bought it you should have gotten a URL from humble.  If you go to that, it should let you assign your key to your steam account.  If you did THAT and you can't see it on steam, let me know... that'd probably be a weird steam problem.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 18, 2014, 01:09:14 pm »

Alright folks, here's your ultra-basic key binding list, a quick buildings tutorial, and spoilered "how to feed" guide.

Controls Listing

WASD – pans the viewport window
Space – pause,unpause
Ctrl + g – take a screenshot
   (screenshots are saved in steam/steamapps/common/clockwork empires/shots)
Esc – clears menus in reverse order but does not bring up the game menu or pause/unpause the game.

Mouse scroll and +/- keys - zoooom
Mouse right click – center view on clicked location
Mouse middle click – rotate camera

x – toggles rendering in "normal map mode" or some such sorcery. It's not very useful to players but a debug thing in there for coding wizards. I'm listing it in case someone presses it by accident, no the game didn't implode. At least not from that.

Interacting with things is almost entirely done with the mouse. If you want to do (action) to (object), clicking on it is likely how that's accomplished unless it's a workshop job. Want to chop wood? Click tree. Want to cook cabbage? Click kitchen.

Also of note: stockpiles are very under-done and don't do awfully much right now. You can safely avoid making them if you so choose and use that labor for more productive things like deforestation.

How to Buildings

Building placement is a strange process...

Phase 1) Selecting the building you want brings up a grid overlay on the terrain. The first step is to click and drag the floor's footprint. Note that the click selection picks the closest VERTEX on the grid, instead of the TILE your cursor is on. You must designate a full contiguous square (though you can add on to it by placing more squares), and right-clicking in this mode does not erase the floorplan, yet. When you finish this and have whatever arcane geometric floorplan you want, click the "Done" button at the bottom right. I know, weird, right?

Phase 2) Add the appropriate modules. For example, a kitchen requires a door, worktable, and at least one stove. Doors are self-explanatory. The stove is a partially external module, so it must be placed on an outside wall with buildable space behind it. The green dot is the "access point" of the module; someone must be able to stand there to use it, so don't block it. Worktables are internal but work the same way as the stove more or less, just make sure one green dot is walkable. Once you've placed the necessary modules and prettied it up with whatever deco you want, click "Done" again and the foundation of the building should poof in, while plebians start dragging materials to the site.

Note that sometimes you can build buildings without critical modules (like doors) and sometimes you won't be able to renovate and add them in. This can trap people in buildings with no doors... not that I've done that. Ahem.

How to Not Starve

I recommend fumbling through it once on your own just to see some Fun Stuff should you fail to feed colonists. That said, here's what works for me:

Spoiler: We Must Feed (click to show/hide)

Important Tester Stuff and Locations:

The important files you need to bug report are console.txt, replays, and .dmp files.
If one of these is requested somewhere:

Console.txt is found in Documents/Gaslamp Games/Clockwork Empires. This file gets quite large, but compresses well, so be sure to .zip or .7z before you upload. This file is generated per game launch so back it up before re-launching if you get a crash or Fun Error Things.

.dmp files are also found in Documents/Gaslamp Games/CLockwork Empires. Crashing *should* give you a dialog that generates one of these. If this fails to happen, please note that in the report whenever a proper reporting location is established.

Replays are found in Documents/Gaslamp Games/Clockwork Empires/save

Final Note on New Games
Quitting to menu is a bit buggy, so if you need to do so, you should also restart the game to ensure a Clean and Safe Testing Environment.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:40:37 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - **Earliest access! Testing Details linked in OP **
« Reply #1356 on: July 18, 2014, 01:26:56 pm »

Anyone get it to run on Mac?
I do not have access to my real computer at the moment, so installed it on a macbook pro;
I get a small window titled Her Majesty Demands a Configuration Be Selected but it is just an empty black window of nothing.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 18, 2014, 01:28:11 pm »

(answer redacted in favor of a better answer)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:32:07 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 18, 2014, 01:30:01 pm »

There isn't a working mac version.  I mean, it exists, but we weren't planning on making it available on steam (which was a mistake). 

We WILL have one, but not for "Earliest" access.  If you are willing to wait it out, we'll get there.  If not, that's totally understandable, you should be able to request a refund from Humble.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 18, 2014, 01:35:18 pm »

There isn't a working mac version.  I mean, it exists, but we weren't planning on making it available on steam (which was a mistake). 

We WILL have one, but not for "Earliest" access.  If you are willing to wait it out, we'll get there.  If not, that's totally understandable, you should be able to request a refund from Humble.
Haha, that explains it; I was surprised to see it in my Mac library and figured I'd give it a shot.
No biggie, I have next to zero desire to actually play on this computer and only tried because I could.
I'll just wait til I get home and can use my big boy PC  ;)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 18, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »

... time to find out what my 32 character PayPal Pw was... 

(See first line of sig for details.)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 18, 2014, 02:36:38 pm »

PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 18, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »

I've only been able to play for about an hour today but it was very entertaining. I watched with horror and amusement as my colonists shot down a fish person and made him into fish steaks, which were promptly devoured raw by a starving soldier (still working on the whole hunger situation..). My colonists also seem to have a taste for exotic fish person caviar. :P

Is there currently a way to cancel muster or explore orders?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 18, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »

Clicking on the little rally point arrow should let you cancel. If you can't click on a military rally point, try making another rally point and see if that lets you click and cancel the original one.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 18, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »

I started following GLG's Twitter after buying Dungeons of Dredmor years ago and have been hearing about Clockwork Empires ever since. It sounded amazing, but I was too lazy to pull up their site to actually read up on it.

Now that I've decided to check, it also looks amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 105