Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: You Are An Imprisoned Scottish Time-Travelling Khajiit  (Read 1250 times)

Theodolus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
You Are An Imprisoned Scottish Time-Travelling Khajiit
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:21:36 pm »

You wake up in a jungle clearing, head pounding and pieces of debris scattered around. You heave your aching body up and out of the dirt as you try to recall who you are.

...

Ouch. Your head hurts just trying to think about it. Putting your hands to your head you feel a nasty bump. Maybe if you took a nap it would come back. Yes a nap sounds very nice. Maybe you should just lay down here for a couple minutes.


Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)


Standard forum suggestion game. This is to give me ideas on things to write about and get me writing in general. You players will hand out standard suggestions on what the protagonist should do and I'll roll with the most popular choice. I do have a vague direction this will be taking but most of the details will be filled in on the fly.

Also, while this may not be the best time to start this due to impending PAX, if I didn't start it now I would never start it. So just be forewarned that it may go slightly stagnant once in a while as real life takes over.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:13:43 am by Theodolus »
Logged
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

TaiwaneseRedneck

  • Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:58:41 pm »

Find someone to throw against a wall and then kick in the head.
Logged

Terra162

  • Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

Gather up the pieces of debris and see if any of it is useful.
When finished see how bad your wounds are.
Logged

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:25:01 am »

Injured

a nap sounds very nice
Quote
jungle

Hmm. If we were human then remaining awake would be the thing to do to avoid possible complications resulting from sleeping with a concussion. However, obviously we are some sort of anthropomorphic bipedal jungle cat, and sleeping is exactly what we should do.

Lick wounds clean. Find a couch something to hide under and take a nap. Wake up feeling much refreshed. Then stretch.

Spaghetti7

  • Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: Steve, Stan or Sally
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:30:05 am »

Hmm. If we were human then remaining awake would be the thing to do to avoid possible complications resulting from sleeping with a concussion. However, obviously we are some sort of anthropomorphic bipedal jungle cat, and sleeping is exactly what we should do.

Lick wounds clean. Find a couch something to hide under and take a nap. Wake up feeling much refreshed. Then stretch.
Logged
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Theodolus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:01 am »

You stretch yourself, and set to finding somewhere to hide while you sleep off the weariness sapping the strength from your bones. The debris in the clearing seems like a good starting point. You haul a piece of the scrap metal up and find a nice little hollow underneath it. Slipping in to the hollow you let the metal bulkhead cover you up, shutting out light and a considerable amount of the background noise. As you curl your tail around yourself you notice a small metal object half-buried in the dirt. You pull it out and try to focus through the haze beginning to cover your eyes. Light level isn't a problem, obviously, but your just so tired...
...
..
.
With a start you wake up. How long have you been out? You reach up and feel your head. Huh, you could have sworn that bump would have taken longer to heal than a single nights rest. Standing up you begin pushing the metal bulkhead off, but it resists your attempts. Strange, this wasn't so difficult to lift before. What on earth is going on?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Logged
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Terra162

  • Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:44 am »

Dig under the metal and crawl out of it.
Afterwards you look around for something to use for shoes.
Logged

Theodolus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

Using your claws you dig out from under the metal, forcing your way up through a tangle of vines before emerging in to the deep green of the jungle. You gaze about the area that used to be a clearing, noting the giant trees that seem to have sprung up overnight and the fact that you can longer see any of the debris that was scattered about. You cast about, trying to find something to cover your feet with when you remember that your species hasn't needed foot wear for the last million years. Your natural foot pads keep you from cutting your feet, while allowing your powerful rear claws to help you with climbing, running, digging, and whatever else you can think to do with them. Glancing down you note that the device in your hand is blinking at you.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Logged
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

LordBucket

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »

Quote
giant trees

a clearing

digging

Unknown Metal Object

blinking at you.

Check our clothing for menstrual stains and hope to hell this is not a thinly veiled Tommyknockers reference.

If we've been digging and somehow didn't notice that we're swimming in menstrual blood, then drop the device and run screaming out of the clearing and get as far as we can before we get turned into an alien. Unless of course we already have been and that's why we're an anthropomorphic jungle cat.

If not...then inspect the device. It's blinking at us, so blink back at it to make it feel more comfortable.

Fniff

  • Bay Watcher
  • Carpe Somnus
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 01:22:32 pm »

See if there's any buttons or screens on it, too. Is it blinking regularly, in a pattern or just randomly?

Theodolus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:13 pm »

You suddenly have an irrational fear that your life may be nothing more than a sad parody of an ancient Earth novel before remembering that you are a male of your species and incapable of menstruating. Manipulating such a small object is difficult for you, but you make due with the tips of your claws. The device looks remarkably like a rather large pocketwatch, complete with attached chain. Studded around the edge are a series of lights, the leftmost of which is slowly blinking at you. You blink back at the device, which does nothing as far as you can discern. Opening the cover reveals a digital display along with a number of buttons. There are small labels under each section of the display. Thankfully it doesn't appear to be alien script and you are able to read it.
Code: [Select]
XX28|1432|12
 Mil|   Y| M

Along the very bottom in tiny print are the words "Inverness Time Engineering Co."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Logged
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Terra162

  • Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 02:20:09 pm »

Start pressing battens randomly hoping to be taken to the future and have the jungle become a city.
Logged

Fniff

  • Bay Watcher
  • Carpe Somnus
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 02:21:37 pm »

Wait, don't do that.

Change the Y to 1431 or 1433, whichever it changes to.

Urist McDwarfFortress

  • Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:28 pm »

We're a time traveling Scottish Khajit! Fantastic!
Logged
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Theodolus

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: You are... Suggestion Game
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

You resist the impulse to randomly mash buttons, but only barely. Instead you press the top button under the Y heading. The display ticks up to show 1433. You then press the second button under the Y heading and it ticks back to 1432. Pressing the top button under the M heading rolls the Y display to 1433 and the M display to 1. Seems safe. You satisfy your impulse by rapidly pressing the top M button 11 more times bringing the display up to showing XX28|1433|12. Nothing else seems to happen and you notice that the display is getting dimmer while the blinking light is growing weaker. Turning the device over you notice a label: "To charge device leave in direct sunlight for 24 hours. For emergency jumps shake device vigorously."

Suddenly you realize that you have no idea what your name is. Maybe if you think very hard about it you'll come up with something. At least you could come up with something to call yourself until you remember your real name.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Logged
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4