Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: You Are An Imprisoned Scottish Time-Travelling Khajiit  (Read 4331 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are A Scottish Time-Travelling Khajiit
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

You jump down from your perch on a tree and slink stealthily across the brief clearing between the edge of the jungle and the obelisk. Looking around you see nobody. You walk up to the obelisk and press yourself against the stone. It's cold. Nothing happens. You back up and take a running charge at the stone. You bounce off and now have a mild headache. As you stand around, puzzling over what exactly this giant obelisk is, you feel yourself getting sleepy. Shaking your head you keep your eyes open by force of will. Suddenly you feel yourself being gently lifted in to the air, and you feel a warmth go over your body as everything turns blurry, followed by intense pain. You scream.

After what seems like forever but is actually only seconds, you hear a sharp intake of breath over the sound of your scream. "Oh dreadfully sorry about that. We normally knock people out before phasing them through the barrier. Your physiology must have needed a higher dose of Omega-23 radiation. Don't worry the pain will go away. Eventually." You feel somebody rummaging through your pockets, but the pain is intense enough to keep you from resisting. "Ah, here it is! I've been looking for this for ages. Literally over a century. Of course you'd know that wouldn't you?" There is a clang of metal and you pass out.

An undetermined amount of time later you wake up. Looking around you see yourself in what appears to be a dungeon cell of some sort, complete with iron gate, wood bucket, straw mattress, and stone blocks. You quickly check your pockets and are distressed to find both parts of the time machine missing. It seems whoever it was took your emergency blanket and flare gun as well. Bother. Now what?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: You Are An Imprisoned Scottish Time-Travelling Khajiit
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »

Try to claw our way out through the iron grate.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »

You claw at the iron gate. It's super ineffective!

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »

You claw at the iron gate. It's super ineffective!
Aww! Well, I'm sure we at least have some great Scottish-Khajiit expletives to hurl at our captors!
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »

You hurl some expletives out and hope your captor is listening in. They mostly involve mice, the bones of mice, and various ways of describing the fecal matter and mating habits of mice. Seeing nothing else to do you hunker down on your straw mattress. Although you know time is passing it's difficult to gauge exactly how fast. Light is static in this holding cell. Eventually though, you hear the sound of footsteps. You hunker down in the corner as a pale faced little man walks up to the bars. "Greetings, time traveler. My name is the Great Kalindor!" he pauses, clearly expecting something more than your indifferent shrug. "Obviously you don't know who I am. I confess I'm a bit disappointed." he turns his back on the bars and continues his monologue. He goes on for some time about time, space, time-space continuity, and a number other highly scientific sounding things. You suspect he may just be blathering or repeating information he read once.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 05:30:30 pm »

KILL!!!

Any way possible. Scratch him in the throat if we can reach; if not, throw anything and everything from the cell at him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]