Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The elusive vampire  (Read 1898 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The elusive vampire
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:20:37 pm »

We arrived at the village around dawn. I looked over at Nusbi, I'd found the man drowning his sorrows in dwarf bosom and cheap alcohol, I immediately knew he was the man for the job. The cool morning air breezed against us. We immediately began running around accusing everyone of being a vampire. The townsfolk were not amused. Pausing to lick the head of a slain elf, I wondered if we had perhaps gone about this the wrong way. We ran around the village asking about peoples families and accusing them of being wicked creatures of the night for the remainder of the day. Finally, most of the village had gone to sleep. We barged into another unfurnished hut filled with human peasants huddled together and saw that one looked rather parched. We immediately accused him of being a night creature, and to our surprise--Instead of just denying it with no evidence and us blindly moving on; He immediately admitted to it and proceeded to attack us. I walked outside to lick my elf head. Nusbi followed me shortly after. I walked inside expecting to be able to take credit for all that had taken place, but was greeted only with three corpses. The vampire was gone. I immediately accused everyone around me of being a night creature.
--------
Anywho; I actually have a question, This all actually happened (more or less), specifically the me walking outside and hoping the battle would sort itself out. None of the corpses were of the name of the vampire and the quest objective to kill him was still there. Where did he go? Will he be back?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: The elusive vampire
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »

Was there a back door?
My guse he ran like a bitch and if you are acused of vamperism would you come back?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:25:00 pm »

She ended up coming back, don't know if this is normal behavior or not; Me and my crew took her down--Halfway through the battle she stabbed me in the foot and I went unconscious due to pain, but upon inspection of the area her corpse was indeed among the dead

Anywho--I reported the success to the nearest person and--No reward? Do you get rewards for quests in adventure mode? If not--How does one..progress?

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:03:27 pm »

The reward you gain is prestige- you become more famous and so get greater and more epic quests and more companions. As for how you progress, you get new gear by taking it from the corpses of dead enemies or stealing it from fortresses. You can also get gear by buying stuff from shops, but screw that. Your skills and stats increase as you use them.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

Ive been wrong before and...
NOPE
you get a pat on the back and a kick in an ass

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get this particular vampires blood off of his corpse, and the game won't let me butcher him. I've already drank every spattering of his blood that's landed on me and gotten no effect. What do I do?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »

waterskin?
Sometime vamp blood dosnt work it may do with the vamps kill list but dont quote me on it.

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »

She ended up coming back, don't know if this is normal behavior or not; Me and my crew took her down--Halfway through the battle she stabbed me in the foot and I went unconscious due to pain, but upon inspection of the area her corpse was indeed among the dead

Anywho--I reported the success to the nearest person and--No reward? Do you get rewards for quests in adventure mode? If not--How does one..progress?

Sometimes NPCs will flee if they get too hurt - that includes your companions btw. It is normal behavior, and thy will run for their lives if things turn south for them. However, they usually come back at the moment so just waiting it out works well enough (though in a Dungeon you should go hunting for them since you should take out the wounded).
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:46 pm »

Try a waterskin, when you butcher something (you can't butcher someone) you don't put the blood in neat little doggie bags.  You gotta do that manually.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:37:12 pm »

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get this particular vampires blood off of his corpse, and the game won't let me butcher him. I've already drank every spattering of his blood that's landed on me and gotten no effect. What do I do?
Snake is that you? Snake you should know that vampire blood doesn't always work due to an odd glitch in the body mat interactions, but with modding you can change the curses transmission vector to something a bit more effective. Also make sure you use CQC.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:35 pm »

Snake is that you? Snake you should know that vampire blood doesn't always work due to an odd glitch in the body mat interactions, but with modding you can change the curses transmission vector to something a bit more effective. Also make sure you use CQC.

You hear that? That was the sound of us becoming best friends.