Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter Two: Culling the Meek  (Read 10941 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (2/5 Players)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 07:19:52 am »

Name : Knoen only as Cloud.
Job : Data Specalist
Sex : Male
Ethnicity : English
Negative trais : Pore social skills , OCD , Slightly paranoid
Description : Long tangled black hair . Pale grey eyes , Tall and thin but deceiptively strong and agile , A very instinctive person.
Bio : Born into a pore family he was the odd one out throughout hes young life nobody realising hes behaviour was due to hes OCD and not by choice. He was isolated from everybody else nobody understanding or wanting to risk being near him. Due to this condition he followed an obsessive schedule of excersizes every morning after realising nobody would protect him from the bullys except himself.
Durin school little made any real sense to Cloud until he began computer lessons and discoved a whole new world. In 1 year he's skills with a computer surpassed hes teachers and spending every spare moment developping these skills they continued to increase rapidly.
Cloud discovered that there were better ways to fight back then with fists and had soon began to teach himself how to " Borrow " information that he should not have. As a grown man he put those skills to good use for whoever would pay ranging from a girl who wants to teach her cheating Ex a lesson to foreign goverments.
Hes only rule was that he would take no assignment that harmed directly or indirectly the English people he picked the name cloud to keep hes true identity hidden for hes own safety only a very few people that he trusts with hes life know hes true name.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:24:28 am by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 10:41:28 am »

Name:Albert Wiggins
Job:Part Time Circus Clown, other Part, Science Teacher
Sex:Male
Ethnicity:American, white
Negative Traits: Depression/Tired-ness from being overworked, Hates Children, and is EXTRA prone to Freudian Slips. As well as regular slips.
Description: Has Flat-ish brown hair, short legs, long arms, and an irregularly large nose. He's tried to get it reduced, but every plastic surgeon so far has turned him down. He wears a Candy-Cane Striped suit at one job, and while he's a Clown, he wears a wig with it.
Bio: When Albert was young, he kept telling himself he would run away to the circus when he got the chance, which he did, quite early on in life. He became their best clown, and later earned enough money to buy a house. Once that happened, he knew he would have to take on another job. Seeing as he was around kids at the circus so often, he thought being a teacher would be a great opportunity for him.
WRONG.
He hates the job, but can't quit because the kids love him, and if he does, he won't be able to support himself. Same with the Clown job, he loves it, and can't quit. Over time, the jobs have seeped into his unconscious mind, Giving him a hatred for children, as well as confusion over what to say sometimes. Clumsiness is also a factor, as he's supposed to be clumsy in his circus job, but he just can't turn it off now.
At this point he's depressed, lonely, and out of options. If only there was SOMETHING he could do...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 11:00:44 am »

Name: Sarah Führinger
Job: Student
Sex: Female
Ethnicity: Germanic, White
Negative Traits: Arachnophobia, Fear of Heights, Strong OCD, Far sighted
Description: Sarah is a little bit on the short side, standing at about 5'6", but she is above average looking with long brown hair and the glasses she always wears
Bio: Sarah was always a perfectionist, so when she came to college everything had to be right. The classes she picked, the things she did, they all had to fit a pattern, they had to make sense. So when things started going awry and she couldn't fix them, she started panicking. In order to get away from the stress, she decided to go on a vacation. But that may have not been the best of ideas.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:59:56 am »

Albert Wiggins and Sarah Führinger added to players. (LOVE Albert's story)

@mesor: You gotta tell ME your last name, bro. You can keep it a secret to the other players, but I have to know for story type stuff. So if you fixed that, I'd accept you, but I feel that we'd have too many brainy-type characters. If you want to make someone who's a mechanic, football coach, or something, that would be the most awesome thing. I worry that a student, cook, clown, and a research assistant aren't going to be able to do much in a fight... But it's just a recommendation. If you'd like to fill the roll, Mesor, you're allowed to edit your application. If the other players don't mind, though, I'd let you all be nerds... I just see this whole group getting murdered.

Without saying too much to ruin what I have planned, it would behoove your group to pick up someone who has handled a weapon at some point (or can do something in a fight). Whether that be a murder on the run or someone who failed out of the police academy for drug use, I don't care. Hell, even someone who has been training for the Olympic Javelin Toss and can throw one with even fair accuracy would be better than nothing. A high school wrestling coach? ANYTHING!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:05:13 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

Dont worry mate gimme 10 mins :) i think ive got the perfect character in mind :).
Goes against my nerd tradition but hey i can keep my favorite parts of the story line intact :).

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (4/5 Players)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:25 pm »

I can change to a bike mechanic with 7 years' experience of handling a wooden sword if necessary, re: the brainy characters thing.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »

How does this take your fancy :P.

Name : Damion Smith.
Job : Ex Thug
Sex : Male
Ethnicity : English
Negative trais : Pore social skills , Slightly paranoid , Driven by instinct and refuses to consider other peoples point of view until they have earned hes respect.
Description : Long tangled black hair . Pale grey eyes , Tall and thin but deceiptively strong and agile , A very instinctive person who will ignore glaring problems in favor of hes own instincts.
Bio : Born into a pore family in inner city London he never had much. He was constantly bullied because hes clothes were old and damaged. He fell in with the wrong crowd looking for protection and discovered that he was fast with hes fists and even faster with a blade.
He soon became one of the top thugs in the small gang but one day after an ugly gang fight he found himself covered in blood standing over a young girl.
Horrified by what he'd done he turned himself in and was given a reduced sentence. He has just been released and is bouncing around the streets with no real purpose anymore.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:06:54 pm by mesor »
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:40 pm »

@lawastooshort: If you'd like, go for it. I rather liked your character.

@mesor: I'm having a really hard time believing your story. If he was born to a middle-class family, why would he be kidnapped as a bargaining chip? If he was imprisoned, how did he learn to use blades, garotes, pistols, and rifles? At what point did he actually ever hunt anything? How many people do you know have been kidnapped and seen that much death before the age of 20? AND LIVED TO TALK ABOUT IT? I'm sorry, your characters just seem a little too... convenient. I suggest looking at the bios of the other characters who have been accepted. It's really not that hard to make a regular person...
Hey, look what I did!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »

Ok well, thanks then. I'll leave it as it is, although I am tempted to put that he has practised iaido (japanese swordsmanship) with a bokken (wooden sword) for several years (and still can't afford a live blade...).
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 12:49:47 pm »

I too have a set of bokken. It's a great way to relieve stress! If you want, you can put it as a hobby. It will definitely net you an inherent bonus to swinging well-balanced stuff at things.
Hey, look what I did!

The Hydro of Hydrovia

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 12:55:39 pm »

Name:Vladimir "The Hydro" Hydrov
Job:Barista
Sex:M
Ethnicity:Murrica (USA)
Negative Traits: Overweight, insane, low tolerance for heat
Description:Tall and fat. Scraggly-ass beard and sideburns. Wears brown, '80s style shorts with a white button-up shirt, a peaked cap and aviator goggles. On his feet are usually slippers and today is no exception.
Bio:Hydro is a cafe barista from Louisiana who is trying to acquire sufficient funds to launch a new country. He was born in Van Nuys, California to a middle class family. He spent most of his school career slacking off and dicking around, and somehow managed to bust his ass during his senior year to graduate at a charter high school in Nevada. He then moved to Louisiana to avoid going back to California. He is minorly experienced with bolt action rifles and machetes from using them during shooting trips with his father and massacring a closet door with his own hand-made blade.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:07:07 pm by The Hydro of Hydrovia »
DO YA WANNA PLAY A GAME?!!!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 01:02:02 pm »

I made one thats a lot simpler and if you know much about London then its easily believable and edited it onto the previous one.
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:46 pm »

Vladimir Hydrov and Damion Smith added. (I'm bumping Damion's age to 24 (I expect that your character was in his teens when he was charged with murder, with a reduced sentence for a minor, around eight years is a more than fair sentencing.))

--PLAYER SELECTION CLOSED-- (New players will be added to a waiting list and added in as necessary.)

I'll just bump up the player slots to accommodate the extra man. I didn't expect to actually get this many people interested, hahaha. I'll have a first round up in the next hour. It'll take me a bit because I have to get you all to the same spot, but I'll try to break it up into each person's perspective.
Hey, look what I did!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:02 pm »

Works for me i just went for an age reasonably close to my own :) 3 years over aint a problem :).
I like my hunter ill have to hold on to that i might find another use for it in the future :).
And the make sense bit is weird its pretty much roman history they took hostages from anybody they might need and then trained them to be roman to try and gain power over that persons people :).

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »

Cool. I think this is going to be great.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7