Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504728 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1590 on: June 09, 2014, 09:16:41 am »

I was going on a road trip. This apparently involved kicking someone onto a motorbike in such a manner that their pelvis ripped out of their body. O-kay.
That's fucking metal.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 09, 2014, 09:22:41 am »

No, I won't cave on this one, mind. I'm not wearing my watch to bed, and that is final.

But then how will you know the time if you wake in the night?

I leave it on my bedside table. Apparently still not close enough.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:13 am »

I had a dream that I was a woman, and that I had 3 sisters. We were racing around on the highway and towards the end I wasn't able to keep up with my sisters but in the end I was getting close to winning but 2 of my sisters got out and walked to the finish line and an announcer declared that they win. I was mad at this point so I told my other sister I was gonna go run around creating chaos, just a little tiny bit of chaos, my sister was okay with this and struck me with lightning.

I started to grow large quite gigantic and started walking like nothing had changed giggling internally at the chaos that was forming around me from just being a giant, after a short walk on the highway it turned into a big house full of police telling me to stop, I started organizing various objects and they disappeared.

After awhile an advertisment appeared on TV talking about how smurfs are people to and that we shouldn't eat them and that there just like us, except there small and blue, and different shaped but the lady on TV said that wasn't important. I stopped listening at this point and grabbed some random bits of cheese with pepperoni on it and went downstairs. I saw a spider.

I was walking by an old couple who were in the house for some reason and the old man grabbed one of my cheese bits, I pulled and he pulled and I got mad so I started to grow, he let go after realizing that he did a no no and I shrunk down a bit. then there more spiders and more spiders. soon I was in my house and DOZENS OF SPIDERS I attacked them with my lightning powers but eventually they stopped working, I then said "THIS IS MY DREAM" I stomped around and shot lightning again and removed the spiders from my path. then I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 09, 2014, 11:16:07 am »

Just had a dream where I was in some kind of park and shot a bunch of security guards/cops in a gazebo for some reason (I think they were in my way?), reloaded and was busily looting the gazebo and their bodies (their handguns used the same ammo as mine) when this fat woman turned up with her young son, and started berating me for mentally scarring her kid with such a scene of carnage.
I didn't have time for that. I shrugged, shot her in the forehead and she fell down as I went back to looting.
A moment later, however, she was back up again, and shouting at me some more as she slowly walked forwards. I shot her again, and again, and started to freak out as she kept coming despite all her bullet wounds.

I tried running right up to her and shooting her point blank, but she only flinched from the impact and then tried to grab me. I darted quickly away and kept shooting, I tried that again, but nothing stopped her. I know I had already realised this was a dream, and I remember being rather pissed at my subconscious for throwing this invincible enemy at me just when I'd had some success.

In the end I grabbed up the ammo from the dead cops and had to flee; I clambered aboard some weird one-man helicopter that happened to be conveniently located in the park and flew off. Despite never having seen the thing before it was easy enough to fly, somehow controlled by just one joystick. I think I reloaded my gun as I made my escape, and then shortly after I woke up.

There was obviously more to the dream earlier on, at least part of which involved a bunch of radio stations people could start (interesting, since I fell asleep whilst using Plug.dj), but I don't remember much of anything except the end.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 09, 2014, 01:31:45 pm »

I don't remember much about my dream except that I met somebody and she said two things:
1. "Stay away from [my crush]"
2. "Don't lick my beard"

I think I mainly remember it because of the first point.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 09, 2014, 09:56:26 pm »

...And not the second thing?   :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 10, 2014, 01:57:56 am »

After my first alarm clock went off, I briefly fell asleep and I started dreaming that instead, I woke up at 1 AM after sleeping 24 hours and missed my exam today. Dafuq, brain?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 10, 2014, 04:14:45 am »

I think you need to worry first about your irregular sleeping habit that allowed you to sleep for 24 ho- oh wait this is the internet everyone have sleeping disorders.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1598 on: June 10, 2014, 04:21:00 am »

He only dreamed that he slept for 24 hours, he didn't actually sleep that long. Exam stress does funny things to the brain.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 10, 2014, 04:23:50 am »

I dreamt that I missed class by oversleeping. In my dream, classes started at 10:00am, and I woke up at around 1:00pm. I felt like shit for having missed class, or so it seemed to me at that time, until I recovered from my daze.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:17 am »

OH

I thought he said he dreamed for 24 hours.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:22 am »

Had an interesting dream earlier when I took a midday nap.
I was watching some sort of animated show, where a group of people (may have been youths/children) struggled to survive in a terribly hostile wilderness... may have been a post-apocalyptic setting but I'm not sure.
One of the main dangers was what appeared to be a tar pit not too far from their encampment, and to cross it they had to walk across some rickety wooden bridge. At one point one of the main characters was coming back from someplace in the dark, and in quite a hurry presumably due to some danger that came out at night.

Anyway, he fell into the tarpit but managed to grab onto part of the bridge. Somehow, the tar didn't suffocate him, but he was still stuck there until sunrise. One of the other members of the group, I believe they were a mysterious leader figure, showed up with a torch and talked to him for a while, remarking on a female member of the group who just came onto the scene who had discovered this strange reptilian creature that would let people ride around on its head.
Last thing I remember about that part of the dream was the characters seemingly turning into these weird figurines with hinges in the middle of their heads, so that you could bend them and change which expression was on display. No, it doesn't make sense to me, either. All in all it was a fun dream even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Then that episode of the show ended and the next program on whatever weird channel I was watching began, it was some weird-ass supernatural post-apocalyptic detective thing. I dunno. Some gay man had been cloned and sent by some shady organization to retrieve some important object or other, had died and turned into a glowing green ghost, and the show followed someone else trying to track him (and more importantly, the mcguffin he was after) down through these weird underground tunnels with tree roots and bits of machinery jutting out of the walls.
Crazy stuff. And then I woke up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 11, 2014, 07:25:44 am »

I dreamt that Helgoland was telling me to post more on Bay12. Why him, I don't know. It just was.

Then, I was a Roman Catholic Priest. Strange, considering I was brought up Protestant. But I was new to the whole thing, so, on a bus on some trip to an initiation ceremony for me I ask them (Other priests) where I put my arms in my robe. They show me, and we get off at some fancy hotel. This bit confuses me...I was walking to my room, when some children ran past me, two boys. They promptly turned on the shower and let it over flow. Me, at the bottom of the stairs leading up to my room, could only look on in astonishment as the flood came downstairs. Then a slightly older girl ran past me, I seemed to know her and told her where the boys were. She said "Thank you Father" and then the was gone. The water stopped, cries of surprise came from the boys, and then I woke up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 11, 2014, 11:35:21 am »

Here's some random tidbits of my recent dreams that I just want to throw out of my already poor memory:

- Me and my mom went to our bathroom on the second floor (we have two of these, but the upper one is never used for anything except the washing machine). It was late at night. Apparently there was a secret elevator (WTF?) hidden within said machine, but something went out of sync so the elevator ended up being on the outside and we could see it through the window. Though it looked more like a WW2-era lookout tower more than anything else, but it was apparently an elevator. It then fell over and crashed, and we went downstairs and suddenly my grandpa (who's currently at a hospital after he had an accident) appeared. Not sure what happened afterwards.

- I was at a really fancy, 19th century train station and there was supposedly a shootout, I think. That's all I remember, honestly.

- I also have a vague memory of a DF2014 but I can't remember what that was about, nor do I care at this point. I lost track of those dreams now. :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1604 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:13 am »

A couple of days back I was working on a project, and ended up programming for ~8 hours straight, until nearly 10:00. I then immediately went to bed. This caused me to dream of Netbeans, and have nightmares about interface bugs. Wheeee~

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 338