Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502853 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1605 on: June 12, 2014, 11:12:25 am »

In my dream I was an ogre in a group of three ogres. When I say ogre I mean we were like 20-40 feet tall and could easily smash an army of humans. I think it was in the 2000s after some sort of apocalypse, we had been hibernating or something. So we wake up and almost immediately get attacked by human soldiers. The other two ogres get captured which causes me to go on a berserk rampage through the human soldiers that attacked us for the crime of existing. The humans were equipped with halberds, crossbows, and cannons.

I managed to rescue my ogre friends and we allowed the remaining humans who surrendered to leave, since we actually wanted to get along with humans. At this point we decided to go looking for meat, because ogres prefer meat to any other food, however we learned that the only meat left in the world was humans. We weren't sure what to do since we wanted meat, but we also wanted to get along with humans and eventually just decided to stay at a gas station (that was much bigger on the inside than outside) for the night. While there we ate ice cream, because we had never had ice cream and it was awesome, but then we ran out. As we were being sad about no ice cream, a Semi-truck filled with ice cream pulled in and let us take his trailer. I looked in the trailer after taking it inside this gas station that could somehow hold 3 massive ogres and a semi-truck trailer, and noticed that there was meat in it, meat from the 90s, but meat nonetheless. There was much rejoicing, at which point I woke up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

I had a dream where I was a vampire with overpowered time powers. I learned this by somebody convincing me to get plastic surgery in some lady's back-alley surgery parlor. She repeatedly messed up and went back in time to fix it, and I remembered each time (everything turned into a book and I skipped ahead past the failures, because really now). After a series of chases through time, which involved her killing me a few times, and then me temporarily becoming fused with the AI she was working on, she eventually recognized me as a tier-8 warrior-caste and part of her ancient vampire bloodline, and conscripted me as her guard. I then proceeded to look for a map to deal with nearby ents, but only found people selling indecipherable crayon scribbles.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 12, 2014, 02:44:13 pm »

I had a Dream!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 12, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

I had a very, very strange semi-lucid dream last night.

I had been kidnapped by North Korean infiltrators, and taken...somewhere. It looked to be a warehouse of some kind. I was put in chains, forcibly stripped, and put into fighting gear. Apparently, this was a huge mistake, because I punched out most of the people holding my chains, rushed toward a door, and when I went to open it, my captors started begging me and pleading not to open the door, or everyone would die. They were crying. Even the ones I hadn't punched. Anyway, I went to another door, and was led up an entryway into an arena/fight club setting. A rickety boxing ring was surrounded by probably two or three thousand totally silent Koreans.  As I climbed into the ring, I felt all eyes on me. I was mildly disturbed. An announcement was made to back away from the ring, and a barbed-wire fence rammed its way through the floor, surrounding the ring. A ramp was lowered over the fence, and it was announced that North Korea's best fighter would be entering via the ramp, due to a number of crowd fatalities last time the fighter got into the ring. All of the sudden, heavy metal music began playing, people began screaming in a weird combination of panic and excitement, an announcer began announcing something in korean, I heard the words 32 and 0, and down the ramp came...

a potato. Not a giant potato, not Kim Jong-Un as a potatoman, no. Just a regular ol' Idaho potato. As it hit the floor, everyone in the crowd gasped. I stood there. The music stopped. A referee shouted to begin from outside the cage. The potato, not done from rolling down the ramp, rolled slowly toward me. It bumped into my foot, which drew large "ooh"s and "ah"s from the crowd. I pushed it a little bit with my foot, but the ring was slanted toward me because of my weight, so it rolled right back to me. When it bumped into me again, huge cheers erupted from the crowd. I pushed it again, the crowd hushed. So, I walk up to the potato, pick it up and put it in the middle of the ring, between my feet. Hushed whispers ran through the crowd. A dozen announcers have been talking this whole time. I look around, and see that there are tv cameras planted in the crowd. At the top of the arena area, there is a glassed off section holding what looks to be important military personnel and Kim Jong-Un.

So, I decide to make a show of it. I pick the potato up, and promptly fall over with my arm behind my back, faking that I'm in a submission hold. I scream in fake pain, trying to keep from laughing. The crowd roars. I plant my hands on the floor, turn a somersault to escape the "submission", and get back to my feet. The crowd hushes. I put both hands on the potato, get into a Muay Thai clinch stance, and pretend to struggle with it. The crowd begins to chant. Po-ta-to! Po-ta-to! Suddently, I bring my hands to my knee, as if I were throwing a knockout knee strike to someone's head, and spray potato chunks everywhere. I have defeated the potato. The arena is silent. Kim Jong-Un is crying. I raise my hand in victory and the dream ends.

WTF?

This needs to be a movie/short film..

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:45 am »

Thank you for quoting that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 13, 2014, 05:32:58 am »

I had a Dream!
Did you have a dream where your little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 13, 2014, 07:26:22 am »

Well, last night I dreamed something unsettling,
See, I had to stay at my uncle's house. In my dream, my aunt was going to have a baby, but she wanted to... Kill it.
And their house was full of paintings of stillborn babies, fetuses, and newborns.

It was a really unsettling dream.
Welp.
To the Freudmobile!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 13, 2014, 10:16:49 am »

I had a dream where I guess I was some sort of ghost hunter or something. I also had help from some guys in the German military, and a stringy-haired ghost girl.

For the first half of the dream I was waiting at my friend's house for an assault rifle that I ordered to arrive. Apparently I would be able to use that against ghosts due to the fact that I was able to touch ghosts. I feel like some stuff happened while I was waiting for my rifle but I can't remember it. Either way eventually I was sent on my first mission, to a hotel, and the first appearance of stringy-haired ghost girl.

I and the German soldiers (who had an entire regiment of tanks and APCs) arrived at the hotel and I went in, alone. It was pretty much what I expected, blood all over the walls, lights randomly going out, unsettling whispers, usual things. I'm easily scared though and was terrified the whole time, eventually the stringy-haired ghost girl responsible clawed my back and I turned around to face her as she expected. What she didn't expect was that I would pick her up by her shirt and begin punching her in the face repeatedly while screaming profanity, I don't like being scared, or clawed in the back. Not sure what happened in there after I managed to repeatedly punch what was for all intents and purposes a little girl in the face, but I walked out of there with a bloody, crying girl right behind me.

We went on other missions and I actually began to get attached to stringy-haired girl and started to think of her as a daughter, but that didn't last. We were sent back to the hotel, this time to deal with the ghost of some southern guy who, when he was alive, really shouldn't have had a license to make guns like he did. He surrendered without much fight and we decided to stay at the hotel for awhile. However, he began brainwashing stringy-haired ghost girl, and turning her against me.

Eventually while I was for whatever reason climbing a fence, stringy-haired girl, at the command of southern guy, clawed me. This shocked me so much I couldn't even manage to respond, but she and southern guy holed up in the hotel while the Germans laid siege and I considered my options. But I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to hurt stringy-haired girl (even though when I first met her my response was to beat the shit out of her), but I needed to get them out of there. I woke up while trying to come up with something.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:01 am »

I had a Dream!
Did you have a dream where your little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?

Funnily enough, no. The complete opposite. I dreamed I was Jordan Ruther Queen.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

I dreamed that I was fighting Sigmund Freud as a game boss of some sort. He's a living mural and looks like some sort of tribal art man holding a spear. He immediately turned into a blob thingy and shot inky phallus tentacles at me, but I shot off his tentacles. I think I woke up before I knew how the battle went, but if I lost then I guess I know where it's going...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 13, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »

I dreamed that I was fighting Sigmund Freud as a game boss of some sort. He's a living mural and looks like some sort of tribal art man holding a spear. He immediately turned into a blob thingy and shot inky phallus tentacles at me, but I shot off his tentacles. I think I woke up before I knew how the battle went, but if I lost then I guess I know where it's going...

SOMEONE CREATE A GAME WHERE YOU FIGHT SIGMUND FREUD IMMEDIATELY
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1616 on: June 13, 2014, 07:07:36 pm »

SOMEONE CREATE A GAME WHERE YOU FIGHT SIGMUND FREUD IMMEDIATELY
I'd like to see Freud's review of this game; based on dream content.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 13, 2014, 07:09:01 pm »

I forgot to mention that the phallustentacles shot out inky projectiles which slows me down. Take that however you will.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 14, 2014, 12:33:16 am »

Thank you for quoting that.
Indeed. I always like to see the po-ta-to get read-time. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 14, 2014, 04:28:55 am »

I do not remember this latest dream of mine at all, except for something I or someone might have said.
"Squirtle eggs, doug. Squirtle eggs."
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 338